Chapter Ninety One

Chapter Ninety One – Zayn

Zayn can't stop smiling, as he sips champagne and watches Liam where he's twirling with Bella on the dance floor at their wedding reception. It's been five months since he got jumped by his coworker Jason, who is no longer his coworker as Jason was fired shortly after Zayn brought up what had happened. The last five months have really been a blur of getting settled, planning for both the babies and the wedding, and accompanying Doniya to doctor's appointments, but Zayn honestly wouldn't change a thing about them. The wedding ceremony had been perfect, exactly what both Zayn and Liam had wanted, it was small, just family and close friends, and they'd done it in Liam's parents' backyard, at Karen's insistence, which had been cold, but beautiful. Zayn can't remember the vows at all just that he and Liam each made the other one cry at least twice, and it ended, in Zayn's opinion, with the best kiss he and Liam have ever shared. He watches his husband and daughter for a moment longer before Doniya waddles up to him, her breathing heavy the way it always seems to be right now, there's just one month left until the twins' due date and the doctor's are just hoping Doniya can make it another two weeks, before she goes into labour. "Hey Doniya, you should probably sit down" Zayn murmurs, pulling out one of the chairs at the table he's been leaning against, which his sister sinks gratefully into, "today was beautiful Zee" she murmurs and Zayn grins down at her, "it really was, wasn't it?" he asks.

Liam's wrapping his arms around Zayn a moment later from behind, and Zayn turns his head to kiss him, "tired, old man?" Zayn teases and Liam pouts, "a little" he mumbles, as Zayn laughs. "Where is Bella now?" Zayn asks, looking around, "dancing with the kids, and Ruth" Liam answers pointing across the hall they rented for the reception, to where Zayn can now see his daughter dancing with her cousins. Zayn's about to say something else when Doniya lets out a pained sound from where she's still sitting beside them, he turns his head to see her holding onto her stomach, while clenching her teeth in pain. Zayn's out of Liam's arms in a second, kneeling down on the floor in front of his oldest sister, "Dee? What is it?" Zayn asks nervously, watching as Doniya bites her lip and looks up at him and Liam who he can feel behind him, "um I hate to ruin your wedding guys, but I think your babies have decided today is their day too" Doniya grits out before sucking in a sharp breath. Zayn nods his head quickly, turning back to glance at Liam who has a few tears in his eyes, "you're not ruining anything, if nothing else you're making today better" he murmurs, before standing up and scanning the room. Zayn spots Louis over by the bar with Harry and jogs across the room to get to the couple, "so Doniya's in labour, I need you to go get Liam's car, please?" Zayn asks as soon as he's close enough to the couple, pulling the keys from his pocket as he speaks. Louis' eyes widen and he nods taking the keys before running off out the door, "anything I can do?" Harry asks and Zayn nods, biting his lip. "Can you explain to everyone where Liam and I have gone? And maybe get the gifts to our house?" Zayn asks. Harry chuckles "consider it done" he murmurs already moving away.

Zayn glances to see Liam murmuring to Doniya as he holds her hand and smiles slightly, before moving over to where Arabella is still dancing with her cousins and Ruth. "Can Bella sleep at yours tonight?" Zayn murmurs into Ruth's ear as soon as he's close, "of course Zayn, what's going on?" Ruth asks concerned. "Doniya's gone into labour, apparently the twins don't want to wait any longer" Zayn murmurs. Ruth grins happily, "I'll take care of Bella, you go" she urges shooing Zayn away. Zayn nods kneeling down on the floor and catching Bella in his arms, "I need you to be a good girl and stay with Auntie Ruth okay?" he asks. Bella pouts up at him "want you Baba" she mumbles and Zayn nods. "I know Boo, but I have to go with Daddy and Aunt Doniya, to get the babies" he murmurs. Bella squeals then and wraps her arms around Zayn in a hug, "okay Baba. Love you" she coos and Zayn grins kissing her cheek, "I love you too" he answers. "Say bye to Daddy?" Bella asks and Zayn nods, leading her across the room to where Liam is still helping Doniya out, "someone wants to say goodnight to her Daddy before we leave" Zayn hums in his ear, watching as Liam jumps up and hugs Bella tightly murmuring something Zayn can't hear, before kissing her cheek and passing her back to Ruth who had followed Zayn over.