Chapter One Hundred Eighteen

Chapter One Hundred Eighteen – Liam

Liam finally manages to pull himself away from the over eager bartender, that's been occupying his attention, for most of the afternoon spent poolside. She apparently recognized him and was trying to get him to give her some business advice, or something else entirely by openly flirting with him, Liam knows what she's been doing, and he'll admit that she's pretty, but he really just wants to spend time with Zayn. Maybe he encouraged her by laughing at a few things she said and talking openly with her, but most of the time he was singing Zayn's praises to her, and telling her he's really not the right person to ask about what she wanted to know. Liam turns around with two drinks in hand, to head back to where he left Zayn, only to find his younger husband's chair empty. Liam looks around in confusion, Zayn's not in the pool, shrugging Liam sinks down into his own chair assuming Zayn's just gone in to use the restroom and will return shortly.

It's been thirty minutes and Zayn's still not back, Liam's starting to get confused, as he whips his head around, eyes searching frantically for Zayn. "Are you looking for the handsome young man, who was sitting here?" a kind looking older woman asks suddenly. Liam nods, eyes looking to her hopefully, "yes, my husband, Zayn. Have you seen him?" he asks quickly. The woman just nods, her eyes darting to the hotel, "I saw him getting in the elevator about forty minutes ago. He looked quite upset about something too" she explains. Liam's out of his chair before he even really thinks about it, "thank you" he exclaims, but she waves him away, "just go make sure he's okay" she insists, before Liam nods and runs through the lobby, slamming his hand against the elevator's button. He's tapping his foot impatiently as he waits first for the elevator to arrive, and then for it to take him up to their floor, he needs to find Zayn. Find out what had him apparently looking so upset. Once the elevator opens on the ninth floor Liam's off like a rocket, fishing his room key out of his pocket, as he races towards the door to their suite, just hoping Zayn's in there.

"Zee?" Liam calls out carefully as he shuts the door behind him, Zayn isn't in the living room portion of the suite, so Liam heads for the bedroom. Once he pushes open the bedroom door, Liam sighs in relief as he says Zayn curled up on the bed, seemingly asleep. The relief is short lived once he gets closer to the man, and sees dried tear tracks on his cheeks, as well as tears clumping his lengthy eyelashes together. Liam reaches out to touch, his fingers ghosting over Zayn's cheekbones, as his husband scrunches his nose up at the touch. "Zee"Liam hums, in an effort to wake him up and find out what has him so upset, "Zayn, Baby, wake up" Liam coos, as Zayn starts to stir underneath his touch. Liam smiles as Zayn's eyes blink open, and he stretches out with a yawn, "hey, why'd you leave without saying anything?" Liam asks quietly. Zayn's sleepy expression is quickly replaced with a cold one as his eyes lock on Liam. Liam watches as his husband's jaw tenses, and his gaze turns into a hard glare.

"Zee?" Liam asks hesitantly, but Zayn shakes his head, "get out" he hisses and Liam stands up, stunned. "What?" Liam asks confused but Zayn shakes his head, "get out, get away from me, you can sleep on the couch tonight" he spits. Liam shakes his head, confused is an understatement for how he feels right now. "Zayn, what happened baby?" Liam coos, but Zayn snorts "don't call me baby. Go back to your little bartender" he shoots. Liam's eyes widen, had Zayn seen them? Did Zayn think that he was flirting back with her? "No. No. No. No. No" Liam whines as Zayn rolls his eyes and climbs off the bed to stand in front of Liam with his arms crossed, his eyes darting to the clock. "Yes. I saw you, you didn't even notice I was gone, I've been up here for almost an hour Liam" Zayn shouts, before shaking his head and stepping back as Liam takes a step forwards, reaching out wanting to touch his boy, "just leave me alone Liam" Zayn mumbles, his voice sad, and hurt. Liam wants to protest, pull Zayn into his arms and force him to listen to him, but he also knows Zayn. And right now Zayn needs some space. Nodding sadly, Liam steps towards the bedroom door, "I'll just be out here" he mumbles, but Zayn is seemingly ignoring him, so he steps through back into the living room, Liam sinks onto the couch and drops his head into his hands, as tears prick his eyes, "I need to fix this" he mumbles to himself, as he hears the lock on the bedroom door click into place.