Chapter Sixty

Chapter Sixty - Liam

"C'mon Princess, can you please put on this dress for Daddy?" Liam asks, again, holding the fabric in his hands out to her, he's trying to get her dressed for dinner to celebrate Zayn being done school, but she's being less than cooperative. "No Daddy, Bella play" she exclaims dashing past him, just out of his arms reach, and Liam lets out a frustrated groan, "please Bella, we need to get you dressed" he tries, but Bella just shakes her head giggling as she continues to run circles around him. Liam knows he's on his own here, because he volunteered to get Bella ready so Zayn could shower and get himself ready for the dinner, but the toddler is more interested in driving Liam crazy and refusing to get dressed. He knows his patience is wearing thin as well it's why he and Niall both called it a day early, one of the big companies they've merged with is causing problem and Liam's ready to lose his mind about it, but he also knows it's not Bella's fault and is doing his best not to let his irritation with the day in general seep into his interactions with the energetic toddler. Liam sighs as he sees Bella is now on the balcony over top of her bed, tossing stuffies down towards him, "Bella, don't throw toys at Daddy, come down please you have to get dressed" he calls. Bella cocks her head to the side in obvious thought, before shaking her head "am dressed Daddy" she giggles before moving to come down the slide. Liam moves quickly to beat her to the bottom and scoops her into his arms as soon as she slides down, causing the girl to pout adorably, "sorry Daddy, I get dressed now" she mumbles smacking a wet kiss to his cheek.

Once Bella's dressed Zayn emerges wearing the black skinny jeans, and button up shirt Liam laid out for him, his hair perfectly styled, Liam let's his eyes rake over his fiancé before crossing the living room quickly to pull Zayn into his arms. "You look so good Babe" he breathes and Zayn blushes biting his lip, "thanks" he mumbles, before they connect in a kiss. "I just need to get changed and then we can go" Liam mumbles when they pull apart and Zayn nods, moving to sit on the couch where Bella is twirling in front of, she likes the way her skirt flares up when she does. "Baba watch" Liam hears her say before he runs into their bedroom to change. Liam returns only a few minutes later to find Zayn helping Bella twirl, he's wearing one of his suits without the jacket, "you guys ready?" he asks making his presence known. Zayn whips around to face him and bites on his lip, Liam knows Zayn likes him in his suits so he's not surprised by the reaction, when Zayn covers the ground quickly to press his lips hungrily to Liam's. Liam responds to the kiss allowing Zayn to have control, until he pulls away when he feels someone pushing on his legs, "eww" Bella whines and the men break apart with a laugh "yeah, let's go" Zayn practically whispers, and Liam nods, turning to scoop Bella up, "me and Baba kissing is not ew" he growls playfully, tickling Bella as he does which makes her giggle.

Liam gets both Bella and Zayn into the car and starts driving before Zayn asks him again, "can I know where we're going now Li?" he asks and Liam chuckles shaking his head, "you'll see in about ten minutes" he answers and Zayn huffs, crossing his arms and staring out his window. Liam reaches with one hand to grab at Zayn's fingers the younger turning to look at him before giving in and lacing their fingers together, before turning his attention back out the window, Bella singing an endless version of the alphabet in the backseat of the car. Liam pulls up to the restaurant a few minutes later smirking when he hears Zayn gasp, "that's Louis' car, why is Louis here?" Zayn asks, turning to look at Liam who just grins, the part about this dinner that Zayn doesn't know is Liam has reserved half the restaurant and their family and friends will be joining them tonight. Zayn narrows his eyes at Liam's non-answer before climbing from the car, and Liam just hopes he's not too upset with him, Liam climbs out as Zayn pulls Bella into his arms, "I walk, Baba" she exclaims, and Zayn chuckles, nodding before he sets her on her feet, Liam comes around and grabs her one hand while Zayn takes the other and the three make their way inside.