Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight – Liam

Liam turns off his car after parking it in front of Zayn's building, looking up at it, he can't help but smile as he thinks about the raven haired father. It's been four days since he took Zayn out for dinner, and met Arabella, he was surprised when Zayn introduced them so soon, but he was also thrilled, because maybe Zayn felt this was going the same way he did. Today is Sunday and he called Zayn to see if the boy was working, because he wanted to follow through on his promise to Bella to come and spend some time with the toddler, also he really wanted to see Zayn again. The rest of the week had been long and boring filled with meetings and conference calls, and Liam may have slipped into a daydream about Zayn and him having a family, more than once, and Niall needed to elbow him (hard) to bring him back to reality. Liam finds that he misses Zayn when he's not with him or speaking to him and he wants to make Zayn his, they've been in contact whenever Zayn has time to text, or call, which Liam has learned isn't often, but he'll take what he can get. Liam knows it's fast but he plans to asks Zayn to be his boyfriend today, while they watch movies with Bella and hang out in Zayn's apartment. Liam's about to get out of the car when his phone buzzes, indicating a text, he looks to see it's from his sister and rolls his eyes as he opens it;

From Roo: Have fun playing daddy today ;)

Liam shakes his head and chooses not to reply, he knew it was a mistake telling his sisters about Zayn and Arabella, he just didn't know they'd react like children about it.

Liam knocks on the door to Zayn's apartment and waits, laughing when he hears Arabella cheer his name, followed by clumsy, thumping footsteps, the door knob starts to jiggle and Liam knows the toddler is trying to open the door. Liam hears louder footsteps (probably Zayn's) "Arabella Trisha Malik don't you dare open that door" Zayn warns, before the door swings open and Liam is greeted by an excited looking two year old and a frustrated twenty two year old. One look at Zayn's face tells Liam that Bella ignored him and let Liam in herself, so he bites back the laugh he wants to let escape, "Arabella, what did I tell you about opening the door?" Zayn asks sternly. Liam watches as Bella's face falls at Zayn's tone and she pouts up at him "not to" she mumbles, and Zayn nods, "right, so why did you open the door?" he asks, Bella shrugs and points to Liam, "Leeyum, Baba" she whines. Liam bites his lip as he watches the exchange between father and daughter, not wanting to intrude, "I know it's Liam, baby, but it's not safe for you to open the door. What if it wasn't Liam?" Zayn asks his voice and face softening as he does. Bella's eyebrows furrow and she pouts, her eyes getting glassy with tears, before she starts sobbing and throws herself at Liam's knees, Liam knows she's upset, because Zayn is upset with her, he's seen this before with all of his nieces and nephews. What Liam doesn't know is what to do now, Bella is crying against his legs and Zayn looks about ready to cry as well, so Liam arches an eyebrow at Zayn who bites his lip and nods, before Liam carefully untangles Bella's arms and pulls her away from his body slightly.

Liam crouches down so he's level with the toddler, setting the bag he brought on the floor beside him, Arabella, please stop crying" he murmurs. The two year old sniffles and wipes her face with her tiny hands, before looking at him, lip still quivering, "you need to listen to your Baba, yeah?" he asks and she nods slowly. Liam smiles "when he tells you not to open the door, it's to keep you safe, Baba wants you to be safe, because he loves you" he explains further, glancing up at Zayn to see him smiling down at him and the toddler, this all feels so domestic, so right, Liam's heart rate speeds up a little at it. Bella bites her lip and nods before hugging Liam quickly, she then dashes across the entrance way to Zayn, Liam watches as she throws herself at him and hugs him tightly "I sorry, Baba, I sorry" she mumbles. Zayn hugs her back tightly, mouthing "thank you" to Liam over her head, before turning his attention to the toddler in his arms, "it's okay, Boo, just please stop opening the door" Zayn murmurs. Bella nods her head and holds her pinky finger out to Zayn "I promise" she recites, Zayn laughs and wraps his finger around hers, pressing a kiss to her cheek.