Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty - Liam

Liam frowns as Arabella once again dodges him, when he attempts to scoop her into his arms for a hug. He knows she's upset with him for leaving, can tell from the pout on her lips, and her watery eyes, but he really just wants a hug, he's leaving, in an hour, for America for two weeks and she's been avoiding him for three days, since he told her about his trip. Zayn wraps an arm around his waist and rests his chin on Liam's shoulder, "she'll get over it, just she's scared you aren't going to come back" he murmurs. Liam turns so he's facing Zayn, wrapping both arms around his boyfriend's slim waist, "that's ridiculous" he grumbles, furrowing his eyebrows, because he doesn't want to go, is already trying to talk Niall into coming back a few days early, and they haven't even left yet. Zayn shrugs, "she doesn't understand Li, she's two, and the only thing she really knows about people leaving, is her mum did it, and she never came back. Plus Louis went on holiday once, right before I met you and she didn't talk to him for two weeks after" he explains. Liam pouts, "but I want her to talk to me, I miss cuddles" he whines and Zayn laughs, shaking his head, "I can cuddle you" he teases, nuzzling into his chest. Liam laughs and presses a kiss to Zayn's hair, he's going to miss him,"it's not the same thing" he sighs and Zayn shakes his head, "I know, but I promise she won't let you actually leave without saying goodbye" Zayn insists.

Liam just holds Zayn after that for a minute, watching Arabella run around the lounge in the airport, the penguin he bought her at the zoo clutched in her tiny hands, "Baba, I thirsty" she pants crashing into Zayn's legs. Zayn laughs, pulling away from Liam to look at her, "then maybe you should stop running so much?" he asks, Liam chuckles when Bella pretends to stroke a beard as she thinks, before shaking her head, and pointing to the bag she knows Zayn packed a drink in for her. Zayn shakes his head and moves to get the cup of water out for her, handing it down to her, as she grins "thank you" she giggles, taking a long swig. "Can I have a hug, Bella?" Liam asks, crouching down, beside her, where she's flopped onto her bum to sip her drink. She eyes him suspiciously for a moment before shaking her head, and Liam sighs looking to Zayn for help. His boyfriend moves to sit on Bella's other side on the floor, crossing his legs, Liam follows suit, and waits to see Zayn's plan unfold. "Arabella, look at Baba, please?" Zayn asks gently, and Bella turns her head, batting her eyelashes at him, Zayn smiles gently, "you're making Daddy sad, he's going away for a little bit, to work, but he will come back. But right now you're not being very nice, Daddy's going to miss you" Zayn explains slowly. Liam watches Bella bite her lip, and narrow her eyes at Zayn, the look is an exact copy of one Liam's seen Zayn make a few times, before she hands Zayn her cup and looks towards Liam.

Liam waits, while Bella thinks about what Zayn's told her, before she launches herself into his lap, knocking him backwards with the force, "Daddy, come back?" she asks quietly. Liam nods, resting his forehead gently on hers, "of course, Lovely. I'm going to miss you and Baba so much, I have to come back" he soothes. Bella bites her lip and cocks her head to the side, before Liam sees a small tear slip down her cheek, he brushes it away, before glancing to Zayn where he's just sitting on the floor still, biting his lip as he watches them. Arabella's arms are suddenly wrapped around his neck and she's burying her face into his chest, Liam can feel she's crying, and he feels bad, wonders how his brother in law leaves his kids all the time, because he never wants to leave again, not if this is how it's going to affect Bella. "Bella, come" she says suddenly and Liam frowns, because he would love to take both Bella and Zayn, but he can't he knows he can't plus he has so many meetings lined up, the trip would be boring for the pair. "I'm sorry, Boo. Bella can't come this time" Liam murmurs, rocking her gently, as she lets out a sob at his answer. "But I promise, when I come home, you, me, and Baba are going to go somewhere together, for a few days, okay?" Liam asks. There's no answer, other than Bella holding tighter to Liam's shirt, and this whole interaction is breaking his heart.