Chapter Eighty Five

Chapter Eighty Five – Zayn

"Liam, wake up, we're gonna be late" Zayn whines, it's past ten in the morning and he's already taken Bella (who insisted Aurora had to come with her) to his mum's, and Liam's still not awake. Liam groans as his eyes blink open and Zayn grins at him, "finally, get dressed we have to meet Doniya at the doctor's in less than an hour" he urges and Liam groans again. "Good morning to you too Zayn" Liam grumbles as Zayn practically pushes him off the bed, "morning, now up" Zayn insists. Liam makes a face but moves into the bathroom which is what Zayn wanted so he's happy. While Liam's in the shower Zayn moves back towards the kitchen to make his fiancé some coffee, because let's be honest he's a much nicer person in the morning when he's been caffeinated. "What time do we have to be there?" Liam asks coming into the kitchen ten minutes later wearing jeans and a t-shirt, his feet are still bare and he just looks so good, so soft that Zayn can't help himself as he practically throws himself into the man's arms kissing him quickly before he pulls back. "Now that's a much nicer greeting" Liam jokes and Zayn pouts, "we need to leave now actually so we can get there" he mumbles and Liam grins, "let's go see our baby then" he cheers, grabbing Zayn's wrist and heading towards the door.

The drive takes much longer than Zayn would like it to and judging by the way Liam's fidgeting he's not happy about the traffic either. Zayn's worried they're going to be late and miss seeing their baby for the first time, he knows Doniya will get them pictures but it's not the same. He remembers Bella's first ultrasound and how he had cried when he first laid eyes on the strange blob on the screen. Looking back Sadie didn't even seem interested and that should have alerted Zayn to what would transpire after the birth, but he honestly was too wrapped up in seeing his child for the first time he didn't notice her complete lack of interest. Zayn just can't wait for Liam to experience this all for the first time, he wants to see Liam's face when the screen shows them their baby for the first time, as much as he wants to actually see the ultrasound. "Zayn" Liam calls, snapping his fingers in front of Zayn's face, "sorry, what?" Zayn asks and Liam chuckles "we're here, and we only have five minutes until Doniya's appointment" he explains. Zayn nods and quickly climbs out of the car, waiting for Liam before they head inside the medical centre. Doniya's in the waiting room and arches an eyebrow at them as they approach, "cutting it a little close aren't you?" she asks pulling them each into a hug. Zayn rolls his eyes at his sister "yeah, but we're here so shut it" he teases.

They only wait about three minutes before Doniya is called back, the tech arching an eyebrow at the three of them in obvious confusion. Doniya giggles "this is their baby, I'm just the oven" she explains and the tech nods, "alright let's get started then. Dads if you'll just wait over there while we get started" she says pointing across the room. Zayn and Liam both nod standing where they were told as Doniya hops up onto the table and lays back rolling her loose fitting top up a little and shuffling the waistband of her pants down slightly. Zayn looks at Liam to see the man biting his lip, "you okay?" he murmurs and Liam nods "I'm nervous, is that normal?" he mumbles back and Zayn chuckles pulling Liam into his arms "perfectly" he whispers pressing a kiss to Liam's cheek. "Alright Miss Malik, this is going to be cold, I'm sorry" the tech murmurs before squeezing some bluish-green gel onto Doniya's exposed stomach a small bump visible to Zayn from where he's standing. Doniya hisses as the gel makes contact and Zayn grins at her as the tech moves her wand over the area, looking at things on her screen which no one else in the room can see. "I need to take a few pictures and measurements, then you can go pee, and when you come back you can all see your babies" the tech explains, and Zayn nods as Liam stiffens up just slightly, "wait babies?" Liam asks and Zayn didn't even catch that part. "As in more than one?" Liam adds on, and the tech giggles, "I'm guessing you didn't know that?" she asks and Liam, Zayn and Doniya all shake their heads no. "It's very common with surrogacy, and yes babies as in two not one" the tech explains, all while doing the things she needs to do, Zayn's eyes widen as Liam turns in his arms slightly. "Alright Miss Malik, if you'd like you can go to the toilet, and come right back" the tech says and Zayn laughs as Doniya practically sprints out of the room.