Chapter One Hundred Thirty Four

Chapter One Hundred Thirty Four– Liam

"Alright Bella, Uncle Niall and I do have a meeting later this morning, so you may need to stay with Elise and Nikki for an hour or so" Liam warns as they get on the elevator to go up to his office. Niall grins at him, before looking back to his phone, that has been going off non stop since they got to the building. "Can't I just play in your office?" Bella asks biting her lip and Liam frowns crouching down as the elevator rises to be at her level. "I thought you liked Nikki and Elise?" he asks confused. Bella shrugs, "I do" she mumbles and Liam nods, standing up as the doors open and they step out onto the top floor. "I'd rather you were with one of them than alone in my office for that long Princess" Liam hums, before Elise runs up to him with a file in his hands. "Liam, thank God you're here, Mr. Murdoch called he says he needs to move the meeting up, he's going to be here in twenty minutes" she rushes. Niall groans,moving past them to get to his own office, reaching out to take a stack of notes Nikki offers him as he passes.

"Bella, what are you doing here? "Elise gasps just noticing the five year old as Liam takes the file from her. "It's been a rough week, so she's taking a day to hang out with her old man" Liam chuckles. Bella gasps shaking her head, "Daddy you're not old" she insists, reaching for his free hand. "Thank you Princess" Liam murmurs, bending down to kiss her head. "Alright, I'm going to get this troublemaker settled, and quickly go over my notes, when Mr. Murdoch arrives take him into the boardroom and make sure he's comfortable, Niall and I will be in as soon as we can be" Liam instructs. Elise nods quickly before rushing back to her desk, "Arabella, why don't you go into my office, I'll be right there" Liam hums and Bella grins before she nods and runs away towards his large office. Liam watches her fondly before turning to Elise at her desk, "I'm going to need you and Nikki to entertain her while I'm at that meeting" he says. Elise grins nodding her head "of course" she answers, typing at her computer. Liam smiles "thank you" he breathes before following the path Bella took towards his office.

"Daddy, do you have to go?" Bella pouts as Liam's trying to leave his office, Niall's leaning in the doorway watching them and waiting. "I do, Love. But I won't be too long, okay. I think Elise has something she wants to share with you while I'm gone" Liam says, dropping to his knees to pull Bella into a hug, "I love you" he hums, "no one's going to be mean to you here" he adds when he sees the hesitance in her eyes. Bella frowns and shakes her head "I love you too Daddy, but how do you know" she asks quietly. Liam can hear Niall whine at the question, knowing his best mate is hurting for Bella as much as he is. "How do I know no one will be mean to you?" Liam asks to make sure and Bella nods biting her lip. "I know, because I only work with people who are nice, and Elise and Nikki, are your friends. They've been asking me to see you for weeks" Liam explains, not mentioning the fact that anyone makes his daughter cry, they'll be out of a job before they can even blink. Bella nods slowly, "alright, I'll see you after" she pouts and Liam smiles tightly, "that's my girl. I love you. Have fun okay" he coos, kissing her face before standing up to leave the office with Niall. They're barely out the door when Nikki and Elise barge into his office and they hear Bella giggle loudly at something the two women have said.

**

Liam arches an eyebrow as Bella pulls another piece of candy from somewhere, "where did you even get all that?" he asks, looking up from the document he's working on. Bella giggles and shakes her head before doing a handstand on the floor, "I'll never tell" she sings. Liam shakes his head "Baba is going to kill me" he mumbles, running a hand over his face. As if he summoned him Liam's phone starts ringing, Zayn's name flashing on the screen, Liam grabs it answering quickly. "Hello?" he asks and Zayn chuckles "just wondering when you two will be home, me and the twin terrors are on our way home now" Zayn asks. Liam bites his lip as Bella twirls in front of him, "probably another half hour or so, I think Ni wanted to leave early today" he answers, wincing when a very dizzy looking Bella topples over. "How's she been today?" Zayn asks and Liam focuses back on the phone call, "good she was a little sad this morning, but she spent some time with the girls and we've had a pretty good day" Liam explains, shaking his head no when he sees Bella pull out another candy. "Alright, I'm gonna go, I'll see you when you get home, love you" Zayn calls and Liam chuckles "love you too. See you later" he echos hanging up his phone.