Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen – Zayn

Zayn groans as he punches an order into the computer at work, he's exhausted, needs a break, but there's only a few weeks left of the semester before he's done school for a few months. After that it's just Bella and work he needs to worry about, as long a he survives finals. "Malik, move it" Talia teases as she bumps his hip with her own to get him away from the computer, her quick fingers logging him out and herself in before punching in the order she's just taken. Once she's done she spins to face him a smirk he doesn't trust on her face, "so how's the boyfriend?" she asks, wiggling her eyebrows as they head towards the kitchen together. Zayn groans and shakes his head at her, "he's great, actually" he answers her before turning to face Harry, who's busy in the kitchen. "You coming over tonight?" he asks, hoping the answer is yes, because he really needs a ride home, Harry grins,nodding "of course, why? Need a ride?" Harry asks knowingly, Zayn blushes and bites his lip, before nodding, "yeah, please?" he asks. Harry chuckles nodding his head, before turning his attention back to the pizza he's making. Zayn's about to say something else, but Perrie, the restaurant's newest hire comes into the kitchen calling his name and cutting him off. "Zayn, table two is requesting you as their server" she explains, and he nods, "I'll be right there" he mumbles, arching a confused eyebrow at Talia and Harry, who both shrug, "you are a pretty popular server, it's why you're almost never rotated out of serving" Talia says. Zayn rolls his eyes nodding, before making his way out of the kitchen towards the dining room.

Zayn's eyes widen as he approaches table two and sees who is sitting there, he's confused because when he left for work, Bella was with Louis and Liam was at the office still. But now they're both sat in front of him, with Liam's parents as well, Bella's happily colouring on the table cloth, and Liam is watching her fondly as she does. "What are you guys doing here?" Zayn asks quietly, confused, Liam chuckles looking up at him, "there's my favourite waiter" he teases and Zayn makes a face, as Karen and Geoff chuckle, and Bella grins "Baba!" she cheers excitedly. Zayn grins "hey Boo, you having fun?" he asks, leaningover to press a quick kiss to her hair. Bella nods, "Daddy came and got me, to see Baba" she explains. Zayn furrows his eyebrows "I see that" he answers, before turning to Karen and Geoff, "nice to see you both again, can I get you a drink?" he asks. Karen laughs shaking her head, "just some water please?" Geoff asks, and Zayn nods, writing it down, even though he doesn't need to. "I hope this is okay?" Liam asks quietly, Zayn nods slowly, because it's fine, he's fine, just some warning would have been nice, "yeah, no, it's alright" he mumbles. Liam nods smiling "good, because I missed you guys and Mum and Dad showed up wanting to go out for dinner, and I suggested here. Then I called Louis and he told me to come get Bella, so here we are" he explains. Zayn's head is swimming with questions but now isn't the time, "right what can I get you to drink Li?" he asks, Liam chuckles, rolling his eyes at Zayn "I'll have a coke" he answers Zayn nods and turns to leave knowing Bella will want chocolate milk. Liam catches his wrist before he can walk away, "you okay?" he asks seriously, Zayn nods "yeah, 'm'fine just tired" he answers, Liam doesn't look convinced but doesn't say anything either and Zayn is grateful as he walks back towards the kitchen.

As soon as he enters the kitchen both Harry and Talia pounce on him, "well, who is it?" they ask in unison and it's honestly kind of scary, but they have worked together for years so it makes sense. Zayn rolls his eyes and pulls out a kids cup to fill with chocolate milk for Bella, "it's um Liam, and his parents, and Bella" he mumbles as he secures the lid onto the cup. Talia giggles, and Harry's eyes widen, "really?" he asks and Zayn nods, "yeah I mean I've met his parents before, and they're cool. But I don't really know what to do about this, other than kill your boyfriend Haz, because he handed over my kid" he mumbles, pouring Liam's coke. Harry chuckles "don't be mad, this is a good thing" Harry murmurs, Zayn rolls his eyes as Talia nods, "yeah Zee, just don't overthink this, Liam loves Bella, we all know that" she chimes. Zayn nods and grabs the tray of drinks, "wish me luck" he mutters before heading back out to the dining room, he sets the drinks down quickly "thank you Baba" Bella chimes from Liam's lap and he smiles at her. "Have you decided?" he asks professionally, noticing the confused look Liam sends him, but ignoring it, in favour of letting Geoff order, "can we get a large meat lover's?" Geoff asks, Zayn nods, "Liam says it's amazing" Karen adds. Zayn chuckles "it is one of our best" he answers, before turning to look at Bella, "do you want your usual, monster?" he asks. Bella giggles "yes, Baba" she answers nodding. Liam furrows his eyebrows confused, "what's her usual?" he asks. Zayn grins "a small cheese pizza" he answers, turning away and heading back towards the kitchen.