Chapter Fifty One

Chapter Fifty One – Zayn

Zayn groans as he watches Liam pacing the kitchen as Zayn gets himself and Bella ready for the day, he's going back to classes for the first time since Bella's accident, his daughter going back to his mum's for the day. "Zayn are you sure this is a good idea?" Liam asks, not for the first time, and Zayn groans again, "yes I'm sure, I need to get back to classes, and work, we'll all be fine" he murmurs. Zayn watches Liam pout, and he'd be lying if he didn't say it was attractive, "but what about..." Liam trails off as Bella comes running into the room, one of her stuffies in her hands, "I go Grandma's?" she asks, cocking her head to the side. Zayn chuckles nodding at the two year old, "yes, are you excited?" he asks, and she nods, cheering, before disappearing again. "Sadie won't try anything when she's with my mum, it's fine Liam. We have to live our lives" Zayn reassures his older boyfriend, who's still pouting, leaned against the counter. Zayn can't help himself he abandons his bag and takes the three steps between himself and Liam and pushes his way into Liam's arms, his boyfriend wrapping his strong arms around him as he does. "Trust me Li, she'll be fine with my mum" Zayn mumbles, Liam nods, "I know that, I guess I'm just worried, I'd feel better if we all just stayed home" he pouts. Zayn chuckles, "but we can't stay home forever, I have to get back to school so I can finish and become a teacher and never have to go back to the pizza place again" he insists. Liam laughs at that, "you know if you weren't so stubborn you wouldn't have to work there anymore now" he mumbles. Zayn rolls his eyes, this isn't the first time Liam's suggested Zayn quit his job, and just let Liam take care of things, but he can't he needs to make his own money, take care of himself.

"Bella, come say goodbye to Daddy" Zayn calls, before he hears giggling, followed by running footsteps, and Bella slides into the entranceway. "Bye Daddy, say hi to Neil" she grins, wrapping her arms around his legs in a hug. Liam chuckles bending down and scooping her into his arms, hugging her to his chest, Zayn watches on and feels warm the way he always does watching Liam and Bella interact. "Bye you" Liam murmurs, snapping Zayn out of his thoughts, before pressing a deep kiss to his lips, Zayn's just getting into it, but their moment is ruined when Bella pretends to gag, a trick she no doubt learned from Louis, and they pull apart. "Be careful today" Liam mumbles before pecking Zayn's lips again, Zayn nods his head, feeling a little light headed from the kiss, "you too" he croaks. "I love you" Liam says "and I love you too Bella" Liam grins, stuffing his keys into his pocket, "I love you too Li" Zayn murmurs, "Love Daddy" Bella calls, nodding. Zayn watches as Liam laughs blowing them both a kiss before disappearing into the hallway.

"Alright Boo, what do you say we head to Grandma's?" Zayn asks, once he can no longer hear Liam's footsteps in the hall. Bella jumps up and down excitedly, "Yay missed Grandma" she cheers, as Zayn helps her get her casted arm into her coat, "Grandma's missed you too" Zayn murmurs, before grabbing both his and Bella's backpacks, and taking the toddler's hand into his own, to lead her to the elevator. Zayn straps her into her seat once they're down at his car, her chatting excitedly the whole time about what she plans to make his mum do, Zayn chuckles nodding his head, "sounds like you're going to have a busy day" he jokes. Bella nods seriously, "yes Baba" she answers, before he closes the door and moves around the car to climb into the driver's seat. "Baba?" Bella asks, as he starts the car, "yeah, Love?" he hums, "listen music?" she asks, and Zayn nods reaching for the radio, "of course" he murmurs, flipping through channels until he finds a station playing music that both he and Bella enjoy.

Zayn parks at his mum's and helps Bella get out of her seat, before grabbing her bag and letting her lead the way to the front door. The door opens before they even get to it, his mum standing in the doorway a smile on her lips, "there's my girl, I've missed you" Trisha calls out and Bella grins. "Grandma!" she exclaims, running into her arms, Trisha laughs catching the toddler in her arms, and hugging her tightly as Zayn comes up behind them. "Nice to see you too Mum" he teases, and Trisha rolls her eyes at him, standing up, Bella still in her arms, as she leads the way inside. Zayn shakes his head, dropping the bag to the floor as Bella squirms to get down, no doubt wanting her coat off, Zayn helps her pull it off, and she smiles, kissing his cheek, "thank you Baba" she coos, before disappearing into the other room. "Anything I need to know?" Trisha asks and Zayn shakes his head, pulling the bottle of Bella's pain meds out of his pocket, "give her these if her arm is really bugging her" he says, his mum nodding as she takes the bottle. "Anything else? You seem weird" Trisha points out and Zayn sighs, he really should have known his mum would know that there was something bugging him. "Keep an eye out for Sadie, if you guys go anywhere. Liam says she approached him at the park the other day, saying she should have kept Bella" Zayn explains, watching as his mum's eyes widen. "Sadie, as in..." she trails off and Zayn nods, Trisha narrows her eyes, "she won't be coming near either of you" she mutters and Zayn laughs, "you sound like Liam" he teases and Trisha rolls her eyes at him.