Chapter One Hundred Two

Chapter One Hundred Two – Liam

"Niall hurry up!" Liam insists as they make their way through the hotel and to the car that's waiting to take them to the airport to fly home. "Would you relax, I'm coming" Niall huffs, "besides the plane isn't going to leave any sooner just because we're there early" Niall adds making Liam turn and glare at his best friend. It's the end of their trip to Spain and things couldn't have gone more smoothly, Liam managed to sweet talk the other company in that way he's always had when it comes to business and they were signing to merge with Payne Industries at the end of the second day. The next few days were celebratory lunches, dinners, and drinks with more people than Liam ever imagined worked with the company. The last day he and Niall had gone sight seeing and bought gifts for the kids, and of course Zayn and Josh. "I know Ni, I just really want to get home" Liam sighs, as the doorman for the hotel holds the door open for them, "I know you do Li. Your conversation on Skype with Bella last night nearly made me cry. You'll see them all soon" Niall coos, as the driver takes their bags from them and they climb into the back of the car.

Time seems to slow to a stop at the airport, they have just over an hour to wait once they're through security, and while Niall has put in his headphones and is curled impossibly into a chair, Liam can't seem to relax. He misses his family, the way Bella always wants to tell him about her day, and even the way the twins keep him and Zayn awake for half the night. But mostly he misses Zayn, misses his husband's touch, and being able to kiss him. He also knows that Zayn's been overwhelmed being alone with all three of the kids for five days straight.

Niall tapping his leg pulls Liam out of his thoughts, "sorry what Ni?' Liam asks shaking his head, making his friend laugh and shake his head. "I said, can I ask you something Li?" Niall repeats, and he looks more serious than Liam's seen him in a while. "of course you can, what's up?" Liam asks turning his full attention to the blond sitting beside him, "do you think it's too soon to propose to Josh?" Niall asks slowly and Liam's eyes widen slightly, "you want to marry Josh?" he asks carefully and Niall nods grinning slightly. "but you were with Jace for years and it never came up with him?" Liam asks, because he's confused and Niall frowns shaking his head, "oh I wanted it to happen but Jace was against it, and I think we both know why, now at least" Niall explains. Liam nods slowly in understanding, remembering everything that came out during Niall's break-up with Jace.

"Have you and Josh talked about it at all?" Liam asks, and Niall just nods "yeah we have, especially around you and Zayn's wedding, and he wants kids, like lots of them" Niall explains his voice getting wistful at the end. "Do you?" Liam asks because really he and Niall have never really discussed whether the Irishman wants kids or not, "I do Li, I really, really, do" Niall sighs. "Then I say go for it Niall. If it's something you both want I don't think it's ever too soon really, plus there's no saying you have to have a short engagement. You can stay engaged for a year or two if you want to" Liam murmurs, Niall just nods his head and Liam knows he's thinking it over in his head. "Thanks Liam" Niall murmurs after a moment and Liam nods smiling "anytime Niall" Liam answers "I miss us just hanging out" Niall mumbles after a second and Liam nods, "I do too, Ni" Liam answers honestly, because he really does miss how it used to be with him and Niall, even if he is the happiest he's ever been with Zayn and their family. "Once we're home, and we've both spent some time with our people, how about you and I got out for a beer or two?" Liam asks, Niall grins and nods, but he doesn't get to answer, because their flight is being called.

The flight itself is a blur of sleeping and watching the inflight movies on offer, and before Liam really knows it they're landing at Heathrow. Liam can't help it he starts fidgeting in his seat as they wait for the all clear to get off the plane, "is Zayn picking you up?" Niall asks and Liam knows it's a distraction to keep him occupied until they can go. Liam shrugs because he honestly doesn't know. They never really talked about it, but he doubts Zayn would drag all three kids with him to the airport in January, "I doubt it Ni" Liam mumbles as he gathers his things and prepares to call himself a cab. Niall just chuckles "I wouldn't be so sure" he teases as they follow everyone else off the plane and into the airport. Niall leads him to baggage claim and they wait for their suitcases to come around, grabbing them quickly once they spot them, and turning to make their way into the rest of the airport.