Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Forty Two – Liam

Liam tightens his grip on Zayn's hand, as he leans on the bar to order them a drink, before glancing around the too busy, too loud bar. Louis and Harry are apparently regulars at this particular place because the bouncer out front knew them, greeting the pair by name, before letting all four of them in without question. "We'll just stay for a little, then sneak back out, okay?" Liam asks knowing Zayn is uncomfortable, Zayn bites his lip and nods as the bartender passes Liam their drinks, "thanks" he says, passing the man a bill to cover the cost and a tip, before passing Zayn one of the glasses in his hands, Zayn smiles at him, before they make their way back towards the table where they left Louis and Harry not long before. Liam looks around the room once more, and can't help feeling old and out of place, he's not really a fan of bars, and clubs either, if he's being honest. Zayn leans against him, making a strangled sound, "you okay?" Liam asks, pressing a kiss to his hair, and Zayn nods, "yeah, just not really my scene, you know?" he asks. Liam chuckles nodding "I know, it's not mine either, but like I said before, we'll stay, have a couple drinks then leave,okay?" Liam asks. Zayn nods his head slowly and Liam grins, sipping his drink, as he looks around again.

It's been a couple hours and Liam is ready to just go back to Zayn's and fall into bed with Zayn, but his younger boyfriend has apparently decided to have a little more to drink than Liam. Liam's not upset, he's glad that Zayn's enjoying himself, but he's never seen this side of him before. Zayn lands in his lap, hands squishing Liam's cheeks, much like Bella always does to him, "you're kind of beautiful, you know?" Zayn asks, cocking an eyebrow. Liam laughs, gently removing Zayn's hands from his face and holding them in his own, "so are you, and I think you're kind of drunk" he teases, Zayn pouts, shaking his head, "not drunk, Louis' drunk" he slurs. Liam chuckles, "I hate to tell you this, babe, but so are you" he says. Zayn glances around the bar before flopping against Liam "okay, maybe a little, can we go now?" he asks. Liam smirks, pulling Zayn into his arms, "of course, you want to tell Louis, and Harry?" he asks. Zayn shakes his head "nah, they're kinda busy" he mumbles gesturing across the room. When Liam follows his arm he sees Louis pushed against the wall by Harry, while they make out wildly, and grind their hips against each other, nodding he kisses Zayn's temple "let's go then" he says, pulling Zayn to his feet.

Liam's only had one drink so he knows he's alright to drive Zayn back to the apartment, he struggles to get Zayn into his car, the younger babbling almost incoherently, about Liam's eyes as far as he cantell. "Liiiiiiiiiii" Zayn whines once they start to drive and Liam arches an eyebrow humming to indicate he heard Zayn. "Where's my Arabella?" he pouts, and Liam chuckles "she's staying at Ruth's remember?" he asks. Zayn laughs, nodding his head "oh yeah" he mumbles. Liam shakes his head at Zayn and keeps driving towards Zayn's apartment, "she's getting so big, used to be soo tiny, miss the tiny" Zayn rambles as they drive. Liam chuckles looking at Zayn as he stops at a red light, "that's what happens babe, babies grow up" he reasons. Zayn pouts again, "no" he says stubbornly and Liam just laughs, shaking his head, as he starts to drive again. Zayn's quiet, too quiet after that, and Liam's pretty sure he's fallen asleep, but then he's speaking again and what he says catches Liam a little off guard, "I want another one" Zayn mumbles, reaching out to grab Liam's hand. Liam furrows his eyebrows,"another what?" he asks, although he's pretty sure what Zayn's talking about. "Another baby, your baby" Zayn says slowly, Liam glances over to see Zayn biting his lip, "one day, Zayn" he answers, eyes going back to the road, a slight grin on his lips, because there's honestly nothing he could want more than to have a baby that was his and Zayn's, somehow.

If getting Zayn into the car was a challenge, getting him back out again is practically impossible, he's still mumbling incoherently, but now he's not even attempting to help Liam, as he undoes his seatbelt and pulls him from the vehicle. Liam grunts as he tries to support Zayn while opening the door to the building, "you know this would be a lot easier if you stood on your own" he groans. Zayn giggles at him and it may be the cutest sound Liam's ever heard, "too tired" he whines and Liam rolls his eyes, as he tugs Zayn into the elevator. Once on Zayn's floor getting a now very sleepy looking Zayn back out of the elevator is another task Liam never really wants to repeat, once he has him inside, he lets Zayn slump to the floor, where he curls into a ball. Liam sets about locking the door, and then sending a text to Louis that they had gone home, "c'mon then, let's get you into bed" Liam cheers nudging Zayn with his foot. Zayn just groans and swats aimlessly at Liam's foot which makes him chuckle. "I'm not carrying you" Liam warns, Zayn whines and bats his ridiculously long eyelashes at him, the same eyelashes Bella uses as a weapon. And Liam knows he's going to give in and carry his drunk boyfriend to bed "I'll pay you" Zayn groans and Liam laughs, "uhuh" he says slowly, bending down to pick Zayn up into his arms.