Chapter One Hundred Twenty Seven

Chapter One Hundred Twenty Seven – Zayn

Zayn closes the door behind his mum and dad, after thanking them again for everything, not only had they spoiled the twins but Trisha had just handed him an envelope for his and Liam's anniversary as well. And if Zayn knows his mum as well as he thinks he does, it's not only a card but either money, or some kind of gift card for them to use. "Alright, let's go and find Daddy, Zack, Chloe, and all those crazy Uncles of yours" Zayn murmurs, scooping a giggling Bella into his arms and heading back up the stairs towards the living room. Zayn smiles as he sees Chloe passed out against Josh's chest, while Niall cleans up the last of the party debris, Harry is lying on the couch, watching fondly, where Louis is laying on the floor, playing with Zack who's giggling at him. But what confuses Zayn is Liam is nowhere to be seen, "hey, do you guys know where Liam went?" he asks, as Bella runs towards Harry climbing into his lap for a cuddle.

"Right here, Love" Liam answers from behind him, and Zayn spins around to face him, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion when he sees that Liam has put on a tie and his suit jacket, and is holding Zayn's in his hand. "What is-. I mean why are you wearing that?" Zayn stutters as their friends all chuckle, even Bella giggling where she's shoved her face into Harry's neck. "Just put this on Zee, and I'll explain everything on the way" Liam murmurs, passing the suit jacket to Zayn. Who blinks twice before he reaches out slowly to take the jacket and slip it on, "you're all welcome to crash in the guest rooms, we might be late. And thank you again for this" Liam says, guiding Zayn towards the door by his elbow. "Where are we- Liam what the hell is going on?" Zayn asks pulling his arm away and stopping. "Happy anniversary Baba" Bella calls out happily, and Zayn furrows his eyebrows, "thanks Boo" he mumbles. "The guys are going to watch the kids and you and I are going out. I've planned a surprise, because I love you. Now come on" Liam insists, once again steering Zayn towards the door by his elbow. Zayn nods slowly, before he allows himself to be led away, blindly following Liam as he takes him out towards his car.

They've been driving for ten minutes before Zayn finds his voice again, "I thought we weren't celebrating our anniversary?" he asks confused. Liam sends him an amused smirk, "I can't believe, you believed we wouldn't celebrate our first anniversary so easily" he teases, pulling Zayn's hand up to his lips, and kissing his knuckles gently. "But Li, where are we going?" Zayn mumbles, his stomach doing an involuntary flip at Liam's gentle kiss, him still working Zayn up like they just met. "You'll see" Liam hums, turning his attention back to the road. Zayn groans but doesn't bother to question him further, knowing his husband isn't going to tell him anything else.

Zayn's eyes narrow as they seem to be driving past his old university, and then he lets out a loud laugh when Liam pulls into the parking lot of the diner where they had their first date. "What are we doing here?" Zayn mumbles as Liam parks the car in the almost deserted parking lot, "and aren't we a little over dressed?" he adds looking around. Liam chuckles turning off the car, "we're reliving our past a little, and no, we aren't, because I called in a few favours, and this place that isn't normally open for dinner, is doing something special just for you and me" he explains. Zayn's speechless as he looks around, a large smile coming to his face, that he can't bite back. Liam is suddenly opening his door for him and reaching into the car to help Zayn out, Zayn smiles as he places his hand into Liam's and steps out of the car, "I love you" he murmurs, pressing up to kiss Liam gently. Liam breaks the kiss a moment later, "I love you" he mumbles as he leads Zayn towards the building.

Zayn can't hide his smile as they step inside the diner, and he lets out an audible gasp. The inside looks nothing like he remembers, sure there are still all the old worn booths around the windows, but the tables that usually crowded the middle of the room, have been pushed back leaving only one. The single table is covered in a white tablecloth with candles sitting in the middle, "you did this?" Zayn asks turning to see Liam smirking back at him. "I did, Bella helped, this was our top secret mission" he chuckles. "I love you" Zayn murmurs again, just as the owner of the diner Rick steps out from behind the bar. "Mr Malik-Payne, welcome back" Rick exclaims, gesturing for them to sit at the table, before he opens a bottle of wine and pours it into two glasses on the table. "Thank you" Liam hums, before Rick nods and disappears again. "So what do you think?" Liam hums and Zayn grins taking a sip of his wine, "this is amazing Li. But you know I would have been just as happy with a bottle of wine on the couch after the kids went to bed" he grins. Liam chuckles nodding his head, "I know, but today is special" he hums, reaching out to intertwine his fingers with Zayn's, who nods and squeezes his husband's hand back.