Chapter Eighty Six

Chapter Eighty Six – Liam

Liam's in his office a week later typing up a new contract and questioning his sanity for wanting to work with the person it's for, when there's a knock on his door. "Come in" he calls waiting as the door opens slowly and Nikki pops her head in, "hey, am I interrupting?" she asks and Liam chuckles shaking his head, "no, you're fine. Did Niall need something?" Liam asks. Nikki laughs now and shakes her head "no, actually, I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing with everything that's been going on" she shrugs. Liam smiles turning away from his computer to look at her. "I'm doing good actually. We get our house in three weeks, just found out we're having twins. And no one has to go to court for the whole Sadie incident, there was enough evidence without us. I think my life might be returning to normal" Liam answers grinning slightly. Nikki smiles, nodding her head, "that's great Liam, really. You deserve to be happy" she says, before moving back towards the door, "I should get back to work, I just wanted to check in" she mumbles, opening the door and stepping back out, Liam watches her go and shakes his head slightly, before moving back to the contract with a groan.

Liam decides to call it an early day and leave as soon as he's finished the contract and sent it to the lawyers to be looked over, make sure he's not missing anything. It's just after one so Zayn will still be at work so Liam tosses his stuff into the passenger seat of his car and heads to pick Bella up, after sending Zayn a quick text to tell him he has Bella. It's not long before Liam's pulling into Trisha's driveway and shutting off his car, he makes his way to the door knocking before stepping back and waiting. Trisha pulls it open a minute later looking confused "Liam? Is everything alright?" she asks concerned and Liam chuckles "yeah everything's fine, I just got out of work early and decided to come get my favourite girl" he explains. Trisha grins and steps aside letting Liam walk into the house, "come on in, Bella's napping at the moment, I can go wake her up for you" Trisha says but Liam shakes his head "no, don't wake her up, I can come back later" he mumbles. Trisha laughs, "she'll probably wake up soon, why don't you just stay and have some tea?" she asks. Liam chuckles nodding his head, "yeah as long as it's not any trouble" he agrees as Trisha leads him into the kitchen and practically pushes him down into a seat.

Liam looks around the kitchen as his soon to be mother in law makes them tea, he can't help wondering if it's always looked like this and how often little Zayn was in here. He's jolted out of his thoughts by a cup being placed in front of him "thank you" he hums as Trisha takes a seat across from him with her own. "How was she today?" Liam asks and Trisha smiles "she was great, Bella always is though, she's a sweet girl" she answers and Liam nods, "yeah Zayn did a great job with her" he murmurs. Trisha smiles at him "he has, but so have you Liam" she hums and Liam smiles, nodding slightly, "thanks, but she is who she is because of Zayn and his parenting, I haven't been around long enough to make that much of an impact" he mumbles. Trisha smiles at him "Liam, you are an excellent father and you've been so good for Zayn and Arabella. Your twins are going to be wonderful because of the two of you" she assures and Liam smiles because honestly he's been worried about how he's going to handle being a father. Yes he already is one to Bella, but he's never had to worry about infants before and he's scared if he's being honest with himself. "It's normal to be scared Liam. Zayn was terrified when he found out he was going to be a father but do you want to know what I told him?" Trisha asks. Liam nods, "please?" he mumbles taking a sip of his tea, "I told him, that it's okay to be scared but when the time comes you'll do right by those babies and you'll love them, and they'll love you because you're a family and that's what counts" Trisha says. Liam smiles "thank you" he murmurs just as a sleepy looking Bella stumbles into the kitchen.

"Grandma, I hungry" she whines. Trisha jumps up and moves to scoop Bella up, "okay sweets, let's get you a snack" she cheers, passing Bella to Liam who takes her and snuggles her close. Bella turns to look at him after a second it finally registering for her who's lap she's sitting on, "Daddy?" she asks confused. Liam chuckles "hey Princess" he coos, kissing her forehead, "Daddy why here?" Bella asks head tilting to one side in confusion. Liam grins, as Trisha passes over a plate of apple slices, "I missed you, and left work early to come see you" Liam explains. Bella appears to be thinking about it before she nods and leans back into Liam's chest more as she eats her apple slices "what did you and Grandma do today?" Liam asks and Bella giggles, "it secret Daddy" she laughs and Liam arches an eyebrow, Trisha laughs, "I honestly don't know, all we did was play in the garden and make brownies" she explains. Bella pouts at her "Grandma shh, it secret" she huffs and Trisha raises her hands in surrender "I'm sorry, Love" she coos. Bella just huffs and crosses her arms over her chest looking away, Liam bounces her slightly on his lap, "hey, don't be rude" he say sternly and Bella pouts before sighing "it okay Grandma" she mumbles. "Well Princess,should we get going? Find an adventure to go on, until Baba comes home?" Liam asks, draining his tea cup. Bella nods "what adventure Daddy?" she asks and Liam shrugs "I don't know, but we'll find something" he murmurs setting Bella down off his lap. "What do you say to Grandma?" Liam asks standing up, "bye Grandma, thank you" Bella chimes running over to hug her. "Bye Love, be good for Daddy" Trisha coos, kissing Bella's cheek, "thank you, for tea and watching the monster" Liam hums but Trisha waves him off pulling him into a hug, "anytime Liam" she murmurs before Liam scoops Bella and her backpack into his arms, heading out to his car.