Chapter One Hundred Twelve

Chapter One Hundred Twelve – Liam

Liam's looking through a bunch of random papers on his desk, as he looks frantically for the documents, that Niall just called saying he needed, and Elise was on her way to collect them. The problem is Liam cannot find them anywhere, scrubbing a hand down his face he flips through a pile of papers he pulled out of his drawer, stopping when he finds not only the documents in question, but also all the information he had about taking Zayn to Barcelona on their honeymoon. Which they never got to take, what with the twins making an appearance on their wedding night. He's snapped out of his thoughts by Elise, actually snapping in his face with one hand, her other arm cradling Zack. "When did you get here?" Liam asks confused and Elise giggles, "Zayn let me in, and he seemed to have his hands full, so I offered to take this little man while I came to talk to you" she explains. Liam just nods, slipping the documents into a folder for Elise to take back to the office, although he knows she won't be leaving anytime soon, now that she has a baby in her arms. Liam watches as Elise coos at Zack as he squirms in her arms, "this is why you offered to come get these papers isn't it?" Liam asks, gesturing to Zack. Elise grins, nodding her head, "of course" she answers in a baby voice. "But I also miss seeing you around the office everyday, you know it's weird working as your assistant, when you aren't in the building" Elise adds, looking up at Liam, wincing when Zack grabs ahold of her loose hair and pulls. Liam chuckles reaching over to untangle his tiny fingers from her blonde hair "c'mon Bubba that's not how you get the ladies" Liam chuckles, running a finger over Zack's arm.

Elise drops into a chair a moment later and Liam smiles at her "for what it's worth, I do miss seeing you at the office too" Liam hums, and she smiles at him. "But, Zayn and the kids need you here. We get it Liam, really" Elise assures him, and Liam nods, flipping absently through all the paperwork about Spain. "What's that?" Elise asks quietly, and Liam looks up to see that Zack has drifted to sleep in her arms, "information about Barcelona, I was planning on taking Zayn for our honeymoon, because he's always wanted to go. But this little man and his sister had other plans for us" Liam answers. Elise nods, gently rocking Zack in her arms and Liam can't help but think that she'll make an amazing mother one day, if she ever manages to settle down, and find 'the one'. "So why don't you take him now?" Elise asks after a moment and Liam furrows his eyebrows, "but the kids, we can't" he mumbles and Elise shrugs, "you could, I'm sure your mum, or Zayn's or even one of your sisters would help out with the kids and you and Zayn could get away and be Liam and Zayn, without the kids for a week, or so" she explains, like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Liam furrows his eyebrows, could he and Zayn really go to Barcelona, alone for a week? "Well I should get these papers back to Niall, before his brain explodes, but think about what I said Liam" Elise says suddenly, snapping Liam out of his thoughts as she stands up. "Do you want Zack? Or do you want me to take him back upstairs to Zayn?" Elise asks and Liam smiles making grabby hands towards his son, "I'll take him" he murmurs as Elise passes him over to him carefully.

Liam follows Elise up to the door, saying goodbye and watching as she gets in her car and backs out of the driveway, before he turns and heads up the other flight of stairs to go and find Zayn and their girls. The papers about Barcelona are still in his one hand as he cradles Zack and he plans to talk to Zayn about the possibility of them going away together and maybe he'll plan the trip after that. Bella's sleeping on the couch in the livingroom when Liam passes through and he smiles fondly at their oldest child, before continuing on to find Zayn. His husband isn't in the kitchen, or dining room either, so he heads upstairs towards the bedrooms, and he finds the younger man sitting in the rocking chair in the twins' nursery rocking Chloe gently, as he feeds her a bottle. "Hey" Liam murmurs leaning against the door frame, Zayn looks up at him smiling, "hey yourself. Did Elise leave?" he asks and Liam nods, "yeah she stayed for a little to snuggle Bubba here, but then she had to head back" he explains. Zayn just nods before his attention diverts back to the hungry baby in his arms. "What's with Bella?" Liam asks, moving towards the change table with Zack, because he can just feel that the boy needs a change. "She wore herself out, throwing a tantrum about socks, and I figured a nap wouldn't hurt" Zayn shrugs, setting the now empty bottle down and switching Chloe to his shoulder to burp. "About socks?" Liam asks and Zayn chuckles tiredly, "honestly I don't even know" he mumbles, as Liam finishes changing Zack and turns to face Zayn "we'll manage" he assures his husband, his only response a tired smile from Zayn as he rocks Chloe gently.