Chapter One Hundred Twenty Nine

Chapter One Hundred Twenty Nine– Zayn

Zayn can't find Liam or any of his kids, he was taking a nap, because he'd had a vicious headache, and everyone was downstairs, but no one appears to be around now that he's awake. "Liam!" he calls as he heads towards the basement, hoping everyone is in the playroom, because in the two weeks since the twins turned one Zack cannot be left unattended without mass destruction happening, even when he is being supervised he likes to do all the things Zayn and especially Liam tell him not to. Zayn really just hopes that Zack keeps his defiant ways to their house once Zayn goes back to work in January and the twins go to daycare. So far it only seems to be them Zack likes to ignore, especially Liam, which is honestly funny to Zayn but drives his husband crazy. "Bella?" Zayn calls as he rounds the doorway into the playroom to find it empty, which is confusing, just as he's about to go check his and Liam's offices although he can't see why Liam would have all three kids in his office, his phone starts to ring in his pocket.

"Hello...?" Zayn asks heading back towards the main level of the house, "hey Babe, did you have a good nap?" Liam replies and Zayn chuckles as he drops to sit on the couch. "Yeah, thanks. That headache is completely gone, where are you, and the kids?" he asks. "We're at my parents' house. Mum called she wanted to see the kids, so I figured it couldn't hurt to bring them here, and let you actually rest" Liam explains, but Zayn can sense the older man's frustration with something. "Why do you sound upset then?" Zayn asks, and Liam sighs into the phone, "Zack is being his usual mischievous self, and everything I ask him not to do he's doing, and he ended up breaking one of Mum's lamps. She says it's fine, but it's not I don't know what to do with him" Liam practically whines. Zayn chuckles, "make him sit in time out, I know he's young, but it seems to work, strap him in his high chair for a few minutes" he suggests. "I tried that and Mum told me I was being mean, can you come meet us here? Please?" Liam grumbles and Zayn chuckles, "yeah sure I'm on my way. What are the kids doing now?" he asks. "Chloe is asleep, Bella is helping Mum bake cookies, and Zack is with Dad, I'm not sure what they're doing to be honest" Liam explains. "Hang in there Li, I'll be there soon" Zayn chuckles, before he hangs up and heads towards the foyer to get his shoes and keys before making his way to his car in the garage.

Zayn pulls into Liam's parents' driveway behind his husband's car, and shuts it off, climbing out he jogs through the cold to the front door. Zayn's barely knocked on the door when Geoff opens it a giggling Zack in his arms, "hello Zayn" he greets, stepping aside to let Zayn in out of the cold December air. "Hey, Geoff" Zayn greets happy to see that Liam's dad's new medication seems to really be helping his health and he seems a lot better, and a lot happier. "Baba!" Zack screeches reaching for him and Zayn chuckles taking the boy from his grandpa. "Hey Bubba. What's this I hear about you giving Daddy a hard time?" Zayn coos, pressing a loud kiss to Zack's cheek. Zack shakes his head "no Baba. Dada no" he giggles, pointing a finger at Zayn who furrows his eyebrows, "I don't know what that means, but you Sir, need to listen to Daddy" he scolds gently. Zack furrows his own eyebrows, pouting at Zayn "Baba" he hums dropping his head to Zayn's shoulder. "The rest of your family is here somewhere" Geoff explains and Zayn chuckles, "thanks, has this troublemaker really been as bad as Liam's saying?" he asks, following Geoff towards the living room. The older man shrugs, "he has been for Liam, but to be fair Liam used to do the same thing to me when he was this age, no matter what I said, he would do the opposite" Geoff chuckles. Zayn groans, "so basically we just have to wait for him to outgrow this" he mumbles. Geoff laughs, clapping him on the back, "basically. But from what I've seen you guys are handling this pretty well" he chuckles.

Zayn turns his focus to where Liam is laying on the couch a sleeping Chloe on his chest, with his eyes closed, "'Lo?" Zack asks and Zayn nods, "Chloe's sleeping, looks like Daddy is too, let's leave them alone" he hums. Zack nods and points towards the kitchen "Bel-la?" he asks head tilting to the side, Zayn grins, still not used to hearing his son say Bella's name, "sure Bub, let's go find Bella" he murmurs, heading towards the kitchen. "BABA!" Bella cheers running towards him and hugging his waist, "hey Boo, you having fun?" Zayn asks and Bella grins nodding, "me and Grandma made your favourite cookies" she exclaims bouncing on her toes. "You did?" Zayn gasps, setting a struggling Zack onto the floor, "stay away from Daddy and Chloe Zack" Zayn warns as the boy leaves the kitchen. "Hey Karen" Zayn says turning to hug his mother in law, "hey Zayn, how're you feeling?" she asks. "Much better, the nap really helped" Zayn answers, pulling out of the hug, "why did you make me cookies, Boo?" Zayn asks scooping his rapidly growing first born into his arms, Bella giggling as she rests her head on his shoulder, "to make you feel better" she hums. "You're so sweet" Zayn coos, kissing her cheek noisily, making Bella giggle and squirm out of his arms.

Zayn's about to chase after Bella to tickle her when he hears Liam in the other room "Zackary don't you throw that" Liam calls and Zayn groans, moving into the living room just in time to see Zack grin as he drops the TV remote behind the couch he'd climbed up onto. "I told you to let Daddy sleep" Zayn groans stepping into the room and arching an eyebrow at his son, Zack claps his hands "oops" he giggles and Zayn rolls his eyes. "Not oops" he grumbles, scooping the one year old into his arms, and carrying him into the kitchen where Liam's parents have a highchair for when their numerous grandchildren come over, "I think you need to sit for a minute Bubba, you need to listen to Baba and Daddy" Zayn hums as he settles the whining boy into the seat, slipping the tray into place. Zack whines pushing on the tray before he turns to pout at Karen "'Ma?" he whimpers reaching for her, "Sorry Zack, but your Baba's right"she hums, just as Liam appears carrying a sleepy looking Chloe, "so when Zayn does it he's right, but when I made him sit there earlier I was mean?" he asks. Karen chuckles, "well, earlier I was sure you were never going to let him out again" she laughs and Liam rolls his eyes as Zayn bites back a laugh. "Baba"Chloe whines reaching for Zayn, who takes her into his arms cuddling her close. "Aw Tiny Dancer did Zack wake you up?" Zayn coos, swaying a little on his feet, Chloe pouts, nodding "s'eep" she mutters and Zayn laughs kissing her head.

"Baba. Baba. Baba." Zack chants and Zayn turns his focus to his son who is pouting in the highchair. Zayn passes Chloe back to Liam before he moves closer to his son, "I'm going to let you out now. But you have to listen.Or you come right back" Zayn explains. Zack nods quickly, making grabby hands at Zayn, who quickly scoops him into his arms, "s'rry Baba" Zack mumbles pressing a sloppy kiss to his cheek, "that's okay, Zack. What do you say to Daddy and Chloe?" Zayn asks. Zack turns his head to eye his sister, "S'rry 'Lo" he mumbles reaching out for her, Zayn steps closer so he can reach, cooing as Zack leans over to kiss Chloe's cheek. Zack then reaches for Liam, who passes Chloe to his Mum before taking his son. "S'rry Dada. Lub Dada" Zack nods, patting Liam's cheek, before planting a sloppy kiss there. "I love you too Zack. But you've gotta listen to Daddy" Liam murmurs, Zack reaching out to place his tiny handover Liam's mouth. Zayn bites back a laugh at his son who has effectively made Liam stop talking, "no" Zack says seriously and Liam just playfully rolls his eyes as Zayn laughs.

"Are you all staying for dinner tonight?" Karen asks as she rocks Chloe and watches them all, Zayn shrugs "we don't want to impose" he says as Bella nods her head "I staying" she says. Liam chuckles, "you don't mind Mum?" he asks, but Karen is waving him away before he even finishes, "what do you think Zee?" Liam asks turning to Zayn. Zayn shrugs again "it's fine with me" he answers,"as long as you're sure" he adds turning to his mother in law. Karen just arching an eyebrow at him in response as she continues to rock Chloe, who looks seconds away from falling back to sleep. "Dada" Zack whines and Zayn looks to see Liam tickling the boy gently as he squirms in his hold, trying to get down to the floor. "If I put you down, you aren't going to cause trouble are you?" Liam asks, stopping his fingers, Zack shakes his head, "no. Dada" he says shaking his head. Zayn chuckles as Bella rolls her eyes "he's totally gonna cause trouble" she mumbles and Zayn can't help but laugh, as Liam sets Zack down on the floor and they all watch him scurry out of the kitchen.

"How long 'til he breaks something?" Liam asks and Bella giggles as she holds up one hand indicating about five seconds. Zayn shakes his head, "do you need any help?" he asks turning to Karen who has managed to rock Chloe to sleep, "no Zayn, but thank you, you guys just go and relax" she answers. Zayn bites his lip but nods and follows after Liam and Bella to the living room, where they find Zack sitting with Geoff as the older man reads him a story. "What are you and Grandpa reading?" Zayn asks dropping to sit on the other couch Liam sitting beside him and Bella climbing up between them. "Choo choo" Zack answers, before he holds a finger over his lips, silently telling Zayn to be quiet. Zayn tilts his head to read the title and sees that Geoff is reading Zack 'The Little Engine that Could' anything with trains has the boy's complete attention at all times.