College Party

AN: This is kind of a college AU set before RE2♡
--------------------------------------------------------

I tuck my hair behind my ear nervously as I trail behind my new friends, I've only known them a few weeks but they seem nice and easy to get along with, other than the fact their all party lovers, opposed to me who'd rather have a chilled evening.

"Come on, aren't you excited!?" One chirps over her shoulder to me, I nod and force a smile, adjusting my outfit again as we reach the dorms where some big party is going on.

We all head upstairs, couples make out along the stairwell and a few people sit slouched against the wall with cigarettes in their mouths and bottles dangling from their fingers. I instinctively want to turn and rush out, but as if sensing my hesitation one of my friends grabs my wrist and pulls me into the doorway. I freeze, seeing more people than there should be stuffed into a decent sized lounge area, loud music plays from some speakers whilst people dance and laugh. I'm uncomfortable, but try to convince myself it'll be fun, it's the whole college experience right?

I beeline around swaying limbs and grab a drink as my friends head off in different directions, meeting up with people from their classes. I see a few people I've briefly spoken to, but I'm not one for being outgoing or social, I'm a worker bee, here to study and learn.

I down the alcohol as fast as I can, turning my face so nobody can see me scrunch my face up, then I grab a red solo cup and fill it with water without anyone seeing, I'd rather stay sharp in a room full of intoxicated strangers thanks.

I see my friends all dancing, all have partners and aren't afraid to show off. I huff a laugh and edge my way around the room, sticking to the wall as I find a nice empty spot where I can just observe. I watch everyone, living vicariously through them as I sip my water and smile at them all living it up, until my eyes catch on some vivid blue ones staring at me.

I immediately glance away, blushing, but when I look up the stranger is still watching me, vaguely. His eyes look to me every few seconds but then he looks around as if trying not to make it seem obvious. He's cute. Really cute. Darkish blonde hair frames his face, his jawline is sharp and he'd dressed in casual blue jeans and a black tee that fits him perfectly, he's got a little muscle but not too much, enough to scoop me up and-

Whoa, okay, let's stop that thought.

When our eyes meet again he finally gives me a small smile, I see he's doing the same as I am; holding a cup and leaning against the wall, it doesn't seem like he's with anyone, or maybe they've just ditched him.

The guy lifts his drink up, giving me a half shrug as I huff a laugh and nod, pretending to toast. We both sip but then I lose sight of him as people move in the way. I'm not brave enough to go over there, so I just stay hoping to see him again. "Hi, I'm Leon." A soft but masculine voice says from beside me.

I jump and he pulls away, holding a hand up as if to apologise. I laugh it off, "I'm Y/N, it's nice to meet you." I reply, looking up at him. He smells good, like freshly washed clothes and cologne, I wished all the guys at college smelt like him.

"So, you're not-" Leon begins, but he gets cut off when another guy my age saddles up to me, smirking down as he wraps an arm around me, suddenly he kisses my cheek before laughing and pulling away.

I stare, disgusted and shocked. Leon looks confused and pissed, pursing his lips as he looks between me and the disappearing guy. "Do you know him? I can go talk to-"

"No!" I dart out, but when his brows falter I soften up, "It's fine, just guys, right? I mean, not guys like guys, but...guys?" I trail off sounding unsure of myself, Leon just stares at me before grinning and watching me with fascination.

"You're...do you want to get some air?" Leon asks, I nod and put my cup aside, then take the lead stepping out into the night air, Leon follows, the sound of the party dissolving slowly.

I look back at the building then back at Leon, suddenly I can feel my social battery getting low, and I know I don't want to go back in. "I'm probably not going back in, it's uh, not for me." I mumble, feeling silly.

Leon just nods though, tilting his head in understanding. "Yeah, I get it. I can only stick one or two parties every few weeks." Wow, so not entirely an introvert? "Want me to walk you back home?"

I bite my lip, but nod and begin to walk. We start talking about our classes and other things until we reach my dorm, we both stand there as if not entirely ready to leave, but then Leon breaks the silence with a chuckle. "Funny, I live just over there." He says, pointing to a building opposite mine but in the distance, I work out our windows must be facing each other too, I guess fate keeps trying to shove us near each other, and for once I take a leap.

"It's been great talking to you, I don't suppose you want to get lunch or something tomorrow? Or whenever you're free?" I ask, Leon's comforting presence doesn't set my nerves off.

He nods, looking a little taken aback, "Damn, you beat me to it. Yeah, that sounds good."

I smile, and Leon smiles, both of us shuffling awkwardly until I begin to back away, "Cool. Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

Leon nods, but then stops and calls out "Can I pick you up tomorrow evening instead? There's better restaurants outside of campus."

I nod, my smile growing as my hopes are confirmed, this is date planning. We arrange a time before I wave to him and head inside, exhilarated and excited for the future, especially since Leon will be in it.