Chronic Case of Love

AN: This imagine features a reader who has a chronic illness. Since I have hypothyroidism I wrote some of the symptoms I sometimes deal with, but obviously everybody is different and there are numerous different chronic illnesses out there♡
---------------------------------------------------------

I smile as Leon dips me, leaning down to press a kiss to my lips. I smile as he sets me back on my feet, and the song ends. I look around the ballroom, seeing all the different government officials here with their dates and family. I'm glad Leon's actually getting credit where it's due, this little celebration for the government agents is a nice idea, even though I'm sure most of them would prefer something less...eighteenth century.

"I need some air." I mumble to Leon, ducking under his arms as he watches, I head out of the hotel ballroom and into the garden, once out of sight I finally allow myself to wince. Every single muscle aches not just from dancing, though I'm sure it didn't help, my bones hurt and I need to sit.

I find a bench and slump down, looking back at the hotel I can see through the windows, watching as everyone enjoys the party. I bite my lip as another wave of pain washes over me, all I want to do is go home and curl up in bed, sleep off this pain and get rid of the headache that's forming.

I take a few more deep breaths and force myself to stand, I don't want to ruin Leon's night, especially since he doesn't often get time to come to social events like these. I head back into the party but find an empty table, I sit down and pour some water, hoping it'll keep the headache at bay just for another hour or two, but I'm rapidly declining and I might have to leave soon.

I hate having flare ups like these.

"Y/N, you look a little pale, are you alright?" Leon softly says, I didn't even notice him come back over. I nod and force a smile, but I end up yawning instead. Great, now I'm overcome with exhaustion too. Fucking body.

Leon's brows knit together as he takes the seat next to me, he gently reaches out and takes my hands in is. "If you're not feeling great we can head home, it's okay-"

I shake my head, pursing my lips, but honestly I'm not up for much argument. "It's fine, I'm not ruining your celebration just because my body doesn't know how to body." I half joke, adding a smile to try and reassure him, but it doesn't convince Leon.

"Honey, this isn't just for me you know." He flashes me a warm smile, "I don't care about any of it, I'd rather be at home with you anyway."

I look around, gritting my teeth as my knees shake, "I-..." I let out a breath, "Are you sure? I feel terrible but..." I lead off, taking a deep breath in to fight the nausea.

Leon nods and shrugs off his suit jacket, wrapping it around me as he stands. "Will you be okay for a few minutes whilst I go say a few goodbyes?" I nod, pulling his jacket further around me. The noise and everything is too much, so I stand and begin making my way outside to the car, Leon finds me a short time later.

Once inside, Leon puts on the heater but I crack open a window, the cool night breeze helps calm my headache and keeps me awake at least until we get home. Once parked, Leon scoops me out and I don't have the energy to protest, I cling onto him as he carries me to bed, helping me undress as I yawn twenty times in the space of five minutes, I'm ready to pass out.

"It's been a long day," Leon softly murmurs, "I know they really take it out of you." I nod, pulling the covers up as he begins to undress too, I forgot to take my makeup off but Leon helps me, grabbing a face wipe he perches on the side of the bed and carefully wipes off the little makeup I have on, pressing a kiss to my nose afterwards.

"I'm really sorry we had to leave, I know you liked speaking to the other agents." I mumble, guilt washing over me but my head pounds so I force my eyes closed and focus on not working myself up too much.

Leon waves it off, "I sometimes see them around anyway, besides I'm more concerned about you than I am some stupid get together, you're what matters to me, not them." He says before disappearing for a while, he comes back with my hot water bottle, some painkillers and some water.

I thank him and sit up, taking the tablets and downing the drink, then I lie back down, setting the hot bottle on my achy knees. Leon climbs into bed beside me, wrapping his arms around me as his breath tickles the back of my neck, his fingers begin to run through my hair soothingly.

"If I could take all your pain I would, you're so strong and brave, I love you so much." He murmurs as he kisses my shoulder, it's the last thing I hear as I fall asleep.