Other Boys PT1

I'd never understood true longing and obsession until I first set eyes on Leon S. Kennedy. It was just a damn shame he was the one man around here that I could never be with, considering the face he's my mentor plus he's a little older than me.

I sigh quietly, not that it makes much difference since bullets smother any noise. I shuffle on the bench, awaiting my turn on the shooting range. I watch my fellow agents in training shoot, not a terrible sight other than the fact most keep missing the giant red dots on the targets, but they're nowhere near as nice to watch as Leon. He leans against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, displaying his muscled arms in a navy blue tee. His blue eyes watch the bullets fly, a look of displeasure crosses his face at the poor attempts.

My lips quirk up, glad to know our thoughts are similar, but my slight smile immediately drops when Leon turns his head and looks at me. I blush on instinct, averting my eyes to the floor as I swallow, I glance up one, noticing his eyes are no longer drilled on me, but he does keep tilting his head towards me, as if he wants to look but isn't.

I sigh again, then the bell rings and it's finally my turn. The recruits set the guns down as I, and three other guys, stand and take our places. I pick up the gun, reloading it and slipping on the ear guards before aiming up and shooting. This is my favourite part of the training, the focus overtakes any other thoughts on my mind as I just concentrate and shoot.

At first I'm rusty, only hitting the limbs of the targets, but after twenty minutes I finally begin to hit the red dots. I smile triumphantly, feeling proud of myself that my hard work has paid off. I often look over my shoulder at the recruits watching me, their eyes watching my moves and probably my ass as I lean over to aim. When the bell rings for us to change again, I look behind me to see eyes on me. Even Leon's watching me with an odd look, one I appreciate silently.

"Good work." He murmurs, nodding at me. I nod back, then suddenly all the other guys flock to me, laughing and joking with me, patting my back and flirting. I brush them off, politely declining their advances as I rush out and head back to my room.

As I walk back, I think of Leon's comment, it was only simple and honestly generic, but it still sends butterflies to my stomach, sending my mind to various places. It wasn't like the other guys didn't say the same thing, but I don't want their praises or affections, don't get me wrong they're great and friendly, but I don't want the other boys the way they want me. They all stare at me whilst I stare at Leon.

I just wished he wanted me the way I want him.

Just as I reach my room I hear footsteps jogging towards me, I freeze until Leon comes into view, his eyes wider than usual as if surprised he caught me. "Hey," he smiles, "I just wanted to say I'm proud of the progress you're making," he places an hand on my arm, his touch makes my heart beat faster as I nod breathlessly, "and I just wanted to make sure you're okay? Those other recruits aren't bothering you are they?"

I shake my head quickly, tucking my lose hair behind my ear. "No! I mean, no it's okay, they're probably just weirded out that I'm the only girl here, it's fine."

Leon gives me an odd look, watching me for a beat longer before nodding and stepping away, dropping his arm low. "Alright, but let me know if they...if something happens. I'll sort it for you."

I swallow, nodding as he backs away and leaves. I rush into my room, closing the door just as I inhale, realising I didn't even breathe when he was talking to me. Fuck, I'm in deep shit.

A few days later I grab my food on the tray and walk into the cafeteria, sitting at my usual table in the corner opposite Leon's. I always liked this spot, watching out of the window at the landscape, it wasn't until a couple days after my arrival that Leon claimed the table next to mine, his eyes often flick to mine as if checking up on me. Today though, I'm not alone. Since the shooting range achievement a lot of the guys have been throwing themselves at me, constantly asking if I want to sneak off or hang out.

It seems like as many I turn down double try shoot their shot. I take one bite of my sandwich before an arm is wrapped around my shoulders, "See? She's so small but deadly, like a black widow or some shit?" One guy says, I wince, shrugging him off and frowning. "Nah, she's too cute for that." Another laughs.

I drop my food, getting up as they all coo and try to talk, but I've had enough. "Just fuck off and leave me alone!" I shout, earning the attention of the whole cafeteria. I wince, then turn on my heel and head for the exit, planning on eating my food in my room. However surprisingly Leon comes in at the same time I try to leave, catching my arm.

"What's wrong? What's going on?" He asks, everybody seems to go back to normal now his presence fills the room. I shake my head, tears springing to my eyes.

Leon's jaw clenches, and somehow he knows something has happened. Instead of making a scene he gently leads me to a table and sits down, ushering me to sit beside him. "Finish your food in peace, it's okay." He softly says, sitting upright beside me like like kind of guard dog. I'm too stressed to swoon, so I just eat in silence, avoiding the dirty looks from the recruits.

Leon doesn't make much conversation, he just breathes steadily, checking on me every now and then whilst asking if my food is good. Once done, I stand and thank him for sitting with me before rushing out.

The next day is hand to hand combat training. I throw a punch at the guy who kept harassing me in the cafeteria, silently cheering as he lands on his ass. He flips me off, and Leon doesn't let it slide. "Hey! Don't be an asshole because you lost, you should be embarrassed of your shitty skills and worse behaviour. You're supposed to be protecting people, not making them uncomfortable." He calls out, pointing a finger at the dude.

Without looking at me, Leon waves me over then turns, opening his arms. "Show me what you got." He says, giving me a nod as I get into position. All of a sudden I throw a punch, he blocks it. I kick, he blocks it. I duck and swipe, he tackles me to the floor.

I grunt from the force but realise he put his hands behind my back to soften the fall. His touch burns as his eyes lock onto mine. "Wrap your legs around me and roll." He whispers, I blush but do as he says, and finally he's underneath me.

"Lesson over." Leon calls out, and everyone leaves, but when I try to stand Leon's hands grab my waist, pulling me back down. I plant my hands on his chest to balance, gasping as he leans up, one hand caresses my face as my breath catches. "You learn quick, and you're the most determined one here, you'll graduate within the next year."

I just stare, savouring the way he's looking at me. "Maybe," I whisper, leaning down so our lips are inches away, "but then you won't be able to teach me anymore."

Leon's lips curl into a smirk, "There's always more to learn." He deeply replies, then finally rolls over throwing me off. I stand, brushing myself down and heading for the door to regain my composure, but then Leon's grabbing my hand and tugging me to his chest.

"I've seen the way those recruits look at you, and I hate that I look at you the same." He mumbles, his lips hovering over mine, asking for permission.

"It's never their attention I've wanted, it's yours I crave." I whisper.

"I know, and you've always fucking had it." He groans before kissing me. I gasp, wrapping an arm around his neck as I tilt my head, deepening the much anticipated action.

It doesn't last as long as I wished, but it leaves me breathless nonetheless. Leon pecks my lips one last time as he steps away. "What does this mean?" I ask, touching my lips with the tips of my fingers, still feeling the warmth there.

"It means you're my secret, for now." He shrugs, giving me a look that absolutely makes my legs weak.

One year. Once I graduate we don't have to be a secret, but for now...we'll have to be careful and sneaky.