Biker and Beauty PT2

Leon keeps his word, and only a few days after our first ride together he takes me to a fancy Italian restaurant. We talk and learn much about each other, and it turns out we have a lot in common. Once the meal is over Leon insists on paying before he links his fingers with mine and leads me outside towards his bike, but when he stops and pats his pocket I frown. "What's wrong?"

Leon looks at me, then begins backing away, leaving me by his bike under the light. "Forgot my keys. I'll be back in a minute, unless you want to come with?" He calls out, but I shake my head and give him a smile, I'll be okay on my own for a short time, and it isn't even that late at night, probably around nine.

Leon disappears back into the restaurant with me standing beside his bike, my eyes wandering upwards to the stars like they always do, until a low rumble comes towards me. My head shoots up, watching as another biker parks beside me, giving me the sense of deja vu. I step back uncomfortably, eyes darting between the guy and the restaurant. It's probably nothing, I'm sure bikes just park together in some unspoken rule?

"Hey gorgeous, the bike yours?" The guy asks, climbing off the bike as it continues to rumble, probably his way of showing off af if he's some kind of peacock. I shake my head politely, wrapping my coat around me even more as a defence mechanism. The guy doesn't take notice, he just tilts his head as his eyes slowly roam my body, not even bothering to hide the fact.

"My, uh, friend will be back soon if you wanted to ask him about it." I mumble a little nervously to avoid the silence between us. The guy laughs at me, I almost open my mouth to say something until he speaks up.

"I don't need to know about this sorry excuse for a bike, but I would like to know if you want a ride with me? I promise I'll make it good for you." He murmurs, the innuendo so blatant my eyes widen as a blush covers my cheeks.  Jesus, this guy is feral compared to Leon's gentlemanly side. Sure Leon was a little forward at times, but he never made me feel uncomfortable.

"No thanks, like I said my friend-" I begin, but when Leon saddles up to my side and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me close to him, my words die on the tip of my tongue.

"Is right here." Leon all but growls, his jaw in tense as he stands straight, glaring at the other guy. Leon glances down at me, his eyes softening as if to ask if I'm okay. I give him a nod, leaning into his body as a sign of trust and security.

"Well, if if isn't Leon Kennedy!" The guy laughs loudly, "I haven't seen you in quite some time."

I look between the two, now noticing dislike, the kind that has history. Leon takes a breath, nodding without looking away from the guy. "Yeah, I've been busy." I watch the two, mind wondering why the hell Leon knows this awful acquaintance. The guy's eyes flick to me as a cruel smirk tilts his lips.

"Ditching meet ups for an easy fuck, that isn't like you Kennedy."

Leon stiffens, then gently pushes me behind him as if to protect me. I do so, only for Leon's sake, but I still watch over his shoulder, my nerves tangling at the aggressive atmosphere. "Don't talk about my girl like that." Leon deeply warns, fists clenching. The guy just laughs again, brows raising in disbelief.

"Really? Just wait until everyone hears you've gone soft." The guy teases, but Leon's having none of it. He steps forward, arms raised as if to punch the guy, so I quickly grab Leon's arm and meet his eyes pleadingly.

"Let's just go." I beg, worried about Leon's safety. The guy watches us with amusement, then shakes his head and gets on his bike. He holds up a middle finger to Leon before revving off into the night, leaving Leon angry and me confused.

"Are you-" I start, but Leon turns and kisses me with such passion I'm literally swept off my feet. Leon catches me, pushing me against the bike as his hand digs into my hair, it's messy but damn sexy. We pull away panting, then as if to apologise Leon gives me one more softer kiss.

"I'm okay. Are you?" He asks, hand moving from my hair to my neck, where his thumb brushes over my rapid pulse. I nod, dazed from the best kiss of my life.

"You said my girl, right?" I whisper, a grin forming.

Leon nods, his own smile mirroring my own. "You're with me now, if you want to be?" I reach up and kiss him again in answer, then wrap my arms around him, savouring the scent of his cologne.

Leon helps me with the helmet then takes my hand and guides me onto the bike before we ride home, his hand grabbing my thigh at every red light. Once parked, I get off as Leon stays seated on the bike, but he takes the helmet off and dangles it from his finger as I finally ask. "What did that asshole mean by meet ups?"

Leon sighs, looking pained for a second. "As you'd expect, they were just meet ups for bikers to talk and ride, but it soon became more of a gang. People started racing, drug dealing...it wasn't what it was supposed to be. So I stopped going. I guess people noticed."

I nod, understanding his choice. Leon's eyes widen as if remembering something, then he opens his jacket and pulls out a red rose. Once I take it from him I see it's fake, but the thought counts. As if answering my thoughts Leon says "It'll never die, just like my feelings for you."

I let out a small laugh at his cheesy but romantic words, then carefully kiss his cheek. "I love it, thank you." Leon smiles, pressing his forehead to mine before putting on his helmet, ready to ride off.

"Goodnight, be safe and text me when you're home." I say. Leon nods, then blows a kiss as he drives away, leaving me lingering in the street, feeling head over heels in love.

BONUS:
Leon POV:

I promised myself I wouldn't get involved again, but after Grayson's words to my girl, I can't let it go. After dropping Y/N off I head right for the main meets. Straight away I'm met with dozens of familiar faces and loud music from someone's car, it used to be bikes only but as the gang grew, so did the diversity.

I hop off the bike, ignoring curious looks as I storm my way to Grayson, who hardly has the chance to turn before I throw a punch across his jaw. He's thrown off balance, and falls to the floor. All goes silent as people watch, but violence isn't a stranger here, if anything it's a welcome friend.

"What the fuck man?" Grayson shouts, palms on the floor as he attempts to get up.

I point a finger down at him. "Don't you ever come near her, and don't you ever try find me again. I told you, I'm not coming back."

Grayson huffs, getting up as people gather. "Leon, we need you man, you were the best of us. Friday fight nights aren't the same without you." He adds that smug smile as I shake my head, turning and flipping him off behind my back.

"I'm done with that life. I've got something worth more than money now." I say, getting back on my bike and texting Y/N that I'm home. I don't want to lie to her about my past, but I'm worried if she finds out she'll see me as a different man. I'm not risking the one good thing I've found for a slice of the darkest days of my life. With one last look at the gathering, I speed off and away from the life I used to live, and towards the one I so desperately want.