Lazy Luring

I toss and turn in bed, but I'm cold and alone, I sigh and end up lying on my back for a few minutes, but then I decide enough is enough, and sit up, huffing as I head into the living room to see Leon still sitting at his desk, papers strewn everywhere as he props his head on his elbow.

"I'm tired." I whine, my feet pad over to Leon as I stop beside him, he doesn't even turn his head as a mumbles "Go to bed then sweetie, that's usually what people do."

I scowl at the side of his blonde head, but he still keeps jotting down notes and occasionally passing to trace his finger on a line, reading something before underlining it. "Leon..." I drawl, a shiver washes over me and he finally turns to look up at me, his brows crinkle as he takes in my pyjamas and brushed hair, if anything he looks confused.

"Wait. What time is it?" He asks more to himself, glancing down at his watch his eyes widen, "Shit, I've been here four hours, it's almost two in the morning."

I nod, then pout, reaching out to him. "I can't sleep without you, come keep me warm." Leon sighs, raking a hand over his face as he shuffles his papers but one falls out, he plucks it up then shakes his head.

"There's always one more..." He mumbles, then looks up at me apologetically, "I've gotta get this last one done, go back to bed I'll be there soon."

I huff and cross my arms, "You said that two hours ago." Leon's lips thin, then he scoots his chair backwards and opens his arms, my lips tilt as I climb onto his lap and wrap my arms around his neck, clinging to him like a koala bear as he uses one arm to press me against him, his other hand continues to scrawl away, the lulling sound combined with my exhaustion sends me to sleep.

"Ah fuck." I hear Leon curse, my eyes open to see him carrying me to the bedroom, but his face is laced with pain and I look down to see him shaking his foot, clearly he's stubbed his toe. "Shit, sorry, I was trying to do this without waking you up." He whispers, pressing a kiss to my head as he finally tucks me into bed, I look to the clock to see it's almost three now.

"Go back to sleep, I'm here now." Leon murmurs, climbing into bed next to me as I immediately shuffle close to him, basking in his heat and faint scent of cologne. His arm is ready and waiting as I rest my head on it, his other wraps around my waist, molding me to his body.

"You shouldn't work so late." I sleepily slur, Leon nods, rubbing my back as my eyes begin to close.

"I know, I promise I'll only keep you up for good reasons for now on." He replies, I smile despite being two seconds from falling asleep. Leon kisses the top of my head and that's the last thing I remember as darkness takes over.