Out of Town

I yawn for the millionth time as I head to the front door, my backpack weighs  heavy on my shoulder and I swear my arm is going to drop off from the extra bag full of essentials I took with me for the trip.

I unlock the door and step into the house, half expecting my fiancé Leon to appear, but it's dead silent. I frown and look around, a tingle of fear crawls up my spine, my overactive imagination begins to kick into overdrive, but then I step into the living room and flick on the lamp, and my nerves immediately disappear.

I smile, looking to see Leon sprawled out on the couch, I take one more step closer and his eyes open, darting left and right until he sees me. Right away he sits up, and to my surprise my favourite plushie I sleep with all the time falls onto the floor. I frown and walk over to it, picking the little guy up as I look down at Leon with question.

"We're talking about this in a sec," I mumble, before climbing onto Leon's lap and wrapping my arms around his neck, Leon envelopes me into a tight hug, burying his face into my middle as he literally squeezes the oxygen out of my body, "I missed you too, but can you not go all boa constrictor on me." I laugh, Leon releases me and reaches for my chin, bringing my face down for a kiss.

"Three days is too long, next time I'm coming with you." He murmurs, kissing me once more before I pull away and slump into the empty space beside him. I shrug out of my coat and reach for my plushie, dusting off some invisible fluff as Leon's eyes meet mine, then he immediately looks away.

"So, why did you have my plushie captive?" I tease, Leon yawns as he waves it off.

"Just keeping it safe for you."

"Really?" I playfully say, narrowing my eyes as I lean in to inspect his handsome face. Leon's lips tilt until he sighs and wraps an arm around my shoulders.

"I couldn't sleep without you, so I improvised." He shrugs.

Oh my god, that's the cutest thing ever, not that I'd say it to Leon, he gets pissy enough when I compliment him.

"Well I'm here now, and I'm tired from the journey, so let's go to sleep." I say, and in time I yawn again, which leads to Leon yawning too.

We both laugh then stand up, walking to the bedroom, but at last second Leon pulls me into the bathroom and picks me up, setting me on the counter as I tilt my head in confusion.

"Gotta take your makeup off otherwise you get antsy about looking like a panda in the morning." He mumbles, grabbing my makeup wipes as I sleepily smile.

With care, Leon begins to wipe my little makeup off, being extra careful with my eyes as I yawn again and again. I can tell Leon's tired too, but I can tell he wants to do this for me.

"So, how was your trip?" He asks as he grabs my hairbrush, he gently begins to brush my hair, his hand sets on top of my head as he's careful around the tangles, I close my eyes and begin to tell him about my short trip out of town, and Leon nods and comments every now and then.

Once done, he picks me up again and carries me to the bedroom, he helps me get undressed as I help him, then we climb into bed. Almost immediately Leon pulls me to him, sighing contentedly as his chin rests on the top of my head, my chest presses against his as his warmth and comforting scent envelopes me.

"Wait!" I say after a few minutes, Leon darts up as I rush out of bed, running to the living room to grab my plushie, then I crawl back into bed in the same position as before, but this time my plushie is sandwiched between Leon and I.

"Me and the little guy have been hanging out, I think he likes me more than you." Leon mumbles, smiling as he closes his eyes.

I snort as I squeeze closer to him, my nose brushing against his neck, "Hmm, I don't think so, but I like you more than him, don't tell him though." I reply to Leon, he breathily laughs as I close my eyes, and soon enough we fall asleep together, reunited once again.