Winter Wishes

AN: In this imagine reader is a Redfield. Also, this imagine is loosely inspired by Love Actually♡
-----------------------------------------------------------

Leon POV:

I sit alone, the faint glow of the Christmas lights fills the living room as I sit on the floor staring at the wall. It's been two weeks since Y/N and I decorated for Christmas, both of us excited and joyous for our first festive season together. I let out an empty laugh to myself, wondering how it all went so wrong.

Truthfully it was my fault. I fucked up. I said things I didn't even mean. We'd been discussing plans for next year, hinting about wanting to get things going between us and talking about marriage. I freaked, it isn't that I don't want to marry her, fuck I'd to it tomorrow if I could, but in the moment I felt so scared. All good things always get ripped away from me, and for the first time I thought about the possibility of losing her. Little did I know that mere hours later she'd be packing her stuff and leaving me.

I swallow back tears, I've already cried enough and if I keep going I'm worried I'll never be able to put myself back together again. I look up out of the window of our...my...apartment, noticing the small flakes of snow drifting down. She'd love this, if anything she'd drag me outside to go dance around and have a snowball fight, and I'd do it. I'd do anything for her. Shit, I miss her so much.

All of a sudden breaking the silence my phone begins to ring. Bleary eyed I look around, crawling to the coffee table where I left it, then see it's Claire calling. Y/N's sister. I take a deep breath, then answer.

"Yeah?" I mumble, already bracing myself for another lecture. Claire practically went on a rampage when she found out about the breakup, but she understood my fears since we've been through some of the same shit together, however Chris didn't quite take it as gently. Even thinking about the punch he landed to my jaw makes me wince all over again.

"Hey Leon, look I haven't got time since Chris and I are heading out soon, but I need someone to help, and I guess you're the only one I can think of." She rambles softly, but I groan and feel my patience thinning.

"Spit it out."

"Y/N's gone on a date with some guy, she refused to listen to me when I told her not to go to his house but she didn't listen, and she's fragile right now. I know she's going to do something she'll regret, because she's not over you, and I know you're far from being over her. You love each other, anyone can see that, so could you please go get her back before she hits rock bottom."

I process the information, going quiet for a few seconds. Claire calls my name a few times until I clear my throat and answer her. "Yeah, send me the address and I'll sort it out. I don't know if she'll forgive me, but I'll make sure she doesn't do anything I know she'll regret." I quickly say, then hang up as I stand and grab my jacket. Jealously claws at every inch of my mind, I deserve to feel the pain but at the same time she's still my girl, and I'm not letting her go so easily.

I just hate how long it's taken me to realise that. She won't forgive me easily, so I know I'll have to do something ridiculous to prove myself. To prove I'll walk to the ends of the earth just to see her smile again.

I drive to the address Claire sent, then wait until exactly eight thirty before I get out of the car and knock on the door. I texted Claire earlier for one last favour, so if all things are going well the guy Y/N is with should currently receive a call that'll keep him busy and possibly panicked for a while. I knock again when there's no answer, but this time the door swings open and Y/N stands there in one of her favourite outfits, one I think she looks ethereal in.

A cloud comes out of my exhale from the cold as I give her a small smile. Rubbing my hands together for a second I then grab my phone and put on her favourite Christmas song outloud, then I begin typing, glancing up every now and then to see her shocked yet confused eyes staring at me. Her phone pings as I send the first text. Hesitantly she reaches into her back pocket and retrieves it, then begins reading.

I'm sorry, I said some stupid shit and I didn't mean a thing.

Her eyebrow raises, then she scoffs and goes to put her phone away, so I send the second text I already typed out.

I think I've loved you forever, but I've been too scared to say. Of course I want to spend my life with you. I want all of your birthdays and Christmases. I want to see every smile and wipe away every tear. I want to build a family and a life with you. It's you and me until the end of the world.

A small inhale of breath is all I need to know that she's paying attention to what I'm saying. Her eyes glisten and we're getting somewhere, until I hear her date swear and call her name.

"I'll be right there, I'm just taking a call." She shouts back, then she steps outside and closes the door, leaving us alone in the wintery night.

I really don't deserve a woman like you, but I can't move on. I need you, and I want to know if there's another chance for us. Please?

My eyes are pleading as she looks at me, "You really hurt me Leon." She whispers, voice cracking as she fights back tears. I nod, clenching my fists to keep from reading out and embracing her. When her first tear rolls down her cheek my heart breaks all over again, I almost collapse to my knees as she wipes it away and sniffles. I'm losing her, so I try one last thing.

Will you marry me?

I didn't even know that I was going to ask her tonight, I never planned to use that card, but I'm desperate and so in love and on the verge of my world collapsing that I feel no regret. No fear for my own future, I just feel love and loss.

"I-I'm sorry." She sobs, then she turns and walks inside, closing the door as the song on my phone ends. I stand there, staring as the cold reaches my bones, filling me with an empty void and a broken heart. I can't do anything else, I've gotta leave her alone and let her live her life, even if it's without me.

I walk back to my car, closing the door and throwing my phone over my shoulder in defeat before I grip the steering wheel, knuckles white as I breathe in and out. In and out. In and out. A wet droplet lands on my hand, I didn't even know I was crying. My body shakes, my cheat aches. I thought I knew loss, but this is something so much more painful.

A knock on the window startles me. I freeze, then suddenly the door opens and I see Y/N standing there with her arms wrapped around herself, eyes shining. "You and me until the end of the world?" She sadly smiles, "You're so lucky I love you." She cries seconds before I launch up and scoop her into my arms, holding her tightly as I spin her around, snow falls around us as I bury my face into her hair, instantly relaxing and feeling at home.

I set her on her feet, then kiss her lips, the salt from our tears mixing along with the whispers of "I love you's" and her answer to my earlier question. "I want to marry you, even if my brother wants to kill you." She laughs, cheeks rosy red and perfect. I don't yet have a ring, but we'll sort that out tomorrow.

Right now, I'm not even thinking of the future, I'm just believing in the now, and thankful that my winter wish has come true.