Pumpkin Picking

Leon's hand gently squeezes my thigh as he drives to the pumpkin patch, Rockwell's Somebody's Watching Me plays from the radio as I smile, watching Leon's focus on the road ahead. "Any reason you're staring?" Leon muses, his lips lifting into a smile as he takes a brief moment to glance at me.

I shake my head and link my fingers with his just as we arrive. It isn't too busy so finding a parking spot is easy. Leon and I step out, and immediately the chilly fall air hits me. I frown, it wasn't this cold when we left home, and by the way Leon's looking at me he knows he was right, I should've put a jacket on. I stand up straighter and smile, grabbing his hand as we head towards the patch.

My eyes take in the vibrant pumpkins, then excitedly I pull Leon's hand and lead him towards the middle of the field where I begin my search for the perfect pumpkin. My eyes are constantly downcast, and every now and then Leon's hand tugs me so I don't trip over or fall. After around fifteen minutes of searching Leon begins to sigh. "Baby, they all look the same, why don't you just pick this one?" He mumbles with a smile, crouching down to grab a lopsided pumpkin. I frown and shake my head just as I begin to shiver, the breeze has picked up now.

"It's got to be perfect." I reply, wrapping my arms around myself as I plod forward. I keep walking until suddenly there's a weight on my shoulders, I look to see Leon's brown bomber jacket draped around my shoulders, the warm fur cosy and comforting. I stop to shrug it on, eyeing up Leon, but he doesn't seem bothered by the cold. Leon once again links our fingers together until a few minutes later when I gasp and bend down, prying up the most beautiful pumpkin I've ever seen. I cuddle it to my chest, patting it's top gently.

"That's the one, huh?" Leon muses, attempting to take it from me. Childishly I turn and hold it closer to me protectively, gazing down at the pumpkin.

Leon quickly grabs his phone and takes a photo of me before wrapping an arm around my shoulders, guiding me back to the main area. I huff as I carry it, but I refuse to give it up. Eventually after paying Leon and I drop it off at the car then return to the stalls where hot chocolates and waffles are being sold. He doesn't even need to ask before he orders two chocolate covered waffles.

"Which one do you want?" Leon asks when we sit at one of the benches. I shrug and wave a hand, I don't mind. Leon huffs a laugh as he leans forwards and raises a teasing brow. "Oh, but you've got to have the perfect waffle, right?"

I snort and take one of them, thanking him as I dig in and devdour the delicious snack. Once done Leon smirks at me, "You've got something-" He begins, but then reaches out and brushes his thumb against my lower lip, then unexpectedly he sticks it in his mouth, sucking the chocolate sauce. My eyes widen before I laugh and stand, taking out my own phone and taking a photo of us both, Leon's arm wraps around my middle and pulls me to him as I snap a few more, then finally we call it a day.

We go home and I set the pumpkin on the windowsill for now, planning to carve it in a few days. "Aww, look at our child." I joke, looking up at Leon as he gazes down at me lovingly. He snorts then kisses my head.

"Just as adorable as you." He cheesily drawls before spinning me around and kissing my lips.