Spies and Sensitive Spots PT1

AN: Have you all seen the new DLC Separate Ways coming to RE4R next week! I can't wait to play as Ada and see Leon from her POV!
------------------------------------------------------------

I narrow my eyes as I watch a familiar blonde man enter the gates of the village. Carefully I walk across the roof and slip past a wall, out of view in case the smart man sees me. He's always been observant and really deserves more credit than people give him.

I peek my head out, now Leon's just under the building I'm on I can see him better, and I can't help the exhale that escapes my lips. He's so different yet the same rookie cop I met six years ago in Raccoon City. He's gained a lot more muscle, and that brow seems to be in a constant furrow, no surprise there. I watch his blue eyes scan the numerous plagued villagers mindlessly tending to the village, a hint of smile tilts my lips. Yeah, he hasn't changed as much as I'd initially thought.

A group of villagers torch the police officer they dragged up here not long ago, and thankfully he's too beat up to scream. Leon kicks into action as I debate whether or not to use this as a time to get a move on. I'm supposed to be retrieving the amber, not fawning over some old...acquaintance.

Leon's gunshots echo, disturbing the peace as every single villager grabs their farm tools, ready to stab or whack. I bits my lip, tasting the watermelon chapstick I put on top of my lipstick. I should move. I've got no reason to stay.

Yet I do. Watching as Leon aims and fires with great accuracy, with his other hand he parries an attack from a pitchfork. I arch a brow, impressed by his skills. I don't I'd even be able to do that. I force myself to step back, my high heeled boots click on the stone underneath be as I turn, but then a pained grunt captures my attention. Immediately my head swivels to Leon, seeing he's backed near a corner with more villagers than he can handle prowling towards him.

"Shit." I curse, then grab my grapple gun and point it at the building opposite me. As soon as it sticks into the stone I run forwards, jumping off the roof and swinging my body as my legs clamp together. I aim my feet at the nearest villager to Leon, kicking him down before landing and unlatching my gun from the stone. I don't have time to look at Leon's face as I pull out my handgun, shooting between every red eyed villager. A shovel swings my way so I duck and roll, feeling a sense of relief as half the villagers head my way.

I lead them away, kicking out and dodging blows whilst defending myself. It's a tiring job, until Leon's back meets mine. "Are you okay?" I ask, not bothering with pleasantries.

Leon huffs, his voice deeper as he replies "Should've knew shit could always get worse."

My brows knit together as I feign a sound of offence. "Okay, clearly my presence is a sensitive spot." I murmur, letting loose another bullet. All of a sudden a bell tolls, and the villagers just stop.

I look over my shoulder at Leon in confusion, we step away from each other as we watch the villagers drop their tools and walk into an ominous looking building. Once gone, Leon leans down and reaches for his knife that's buried in a chest. He wipes the blood off on the body and sheathes it, shaking his head. "So what brings you here?" I ask happily.

"The presidents daughter got kidnapped, brought here for some reason." He says, beginning to walk away. I lift a brow, new to this dynamic.

"Aren't you going to ask what I'm doing here?" I smirk, playfully teasing him. It feels so good to speak to him again after all this time, but a part of me sees it as a weakness. Fuck it though, this is a rare opportunity.

Leon pauses in his tracks, turning around he gives me a smile, but it doesn't meet his eyes. He's angry. Maybe upset? "I would, but I don't think you're gonna give me a straight answer."

My smile widens, he knows me so well, or at least knows the facade I put on. If we'd have met under different circumstances I'm sure things would have gone so well, but I'm a spy, and he must be some kind of agent by now. I shrug my shoulder, finally responding to him before glancing down at my watch. Behind schedule.

"Maybe we could help each other," Leon says but I can see through him, he's trying to use my own tactics against me, "we could both use the help."

I shake my head, "Sorry handsome, I'm on an important job, but I'd love to hang out some time." I say, watching as his shoulders slump. Just a little. As if he was actually hopeful.

Leon lets out a long sigh, and I hate the way I've just let him down and made him believe I'm still that selfish woman he met years ago. I'm not...well not entirely. He walks away towards a set of wooden doors, and for some reason I blurt out "I've heard there's reinforcements at the old church. Seems like something important is there."

Leon nods, mumbling a "I'll check it out." I watch as he opens the doors and disappears, a man on a mission with no time to lose. I snap myself out of the daze, clearly I'm losing my mind, but there's always been something about him that's so...good.

I turn, reaching into my pocket for the insignia key as I head to the ominous building. A shortcut to the church, of course I couldn't let Leon get too far ahead of me, I'm here for a reason after all. We head our separate ways for now, but I've got a feeling we'll run into each other again before leaving this godforsaken place.