Other Boys PT2

After Leon's confession of his feelings towards me, we knew we had a thing between us. The trouble was, we weren't supposed to feel this way about each other, it was technically forbidden considering he's my mentor.

But it didn't stop us.

The first week of our newfound relationship we were desperate for each other. We'd find any silent moments to kiss and talk. After lessons Leon would pull me back and kiss me so hard by legs would be weak, at lunch I'd sit with him as he held my hand under the table, comforting me as the other guys gave me odd glances as if I'm avoiding them, which I was.

A month into our relationship things didn't slow down, they sped up. We'd take more risks, sneaking around at night to head out and talk for hours, kissing and touching without going further. Our eyes would always find each other during training, and Leon's jealousy became evident during hand to hand combat when other guys would grab or touch me. Leon would often step in, insisting I needed a better parter to teach me. We'd smirk at each other, biting back grins since we both knew how close we'd gotten.

At the three month mark we finally reached the limit of what we could do. After countless nights spent together, we'd never actually slept together. It changed exactly at our three month anniversary, when Leon came to my room in the middle of the night, pushing me against the wall and kissing me with fevor. I'd pleaded with him to finally take things further, and so we did. With a hand over my mouth and a slow pace to stop the bed from creaking, we'd finally crossed that line and became more than just a fling. It was meaningful, and we both knew what we had was love.

Leon would seek me out, and I him, at least three times a week. One time we both fell asleep after a long session, snuggled together in the warmth of his blankets, until the morning came and I had to frantically sneak out, almost getting caught by the major.

Leon and I both agreed to slow down again, it wasn't worth the risk of being torn apart just for some release.

At six months I was progressing well with my training, but honestly I wasn't too concerned with it, I was beginning to realise this line of work wasn't for me. Leon and I spoke about it one night, and after a hefty discussion I decided to quit the program.

I didn't see Leon for two months once I'd left and finally gone home. I wasn't myself, and felt lost. I'd begun a different training programme in counselling instead, wanting to help people in that way rather than working in the line of fire. The learning helped keep my mind busy, but still I knew something was missing, and I had no idea how to get it back.

One random night a week before I graduated, Leon came to my door holding a bunch of roses and a worried expression. I'd hugged him, crying like a banshee as he held me tight and apologised for taking so long to find me. He'd been on a mission, unavailable to come see me. Of course I'd forgiven him right then and there, and after we'd made up for lost time in my bed...and in the shower. I'd told him about my life and what I'd been up to, and Leon was nothing but proud of me.

We'd exhanged numbers and went on a date every day until the day of my graduation, where Leon cheered me on and bought me a ring, not an engagement ring but a promise that I'd always be his no matter where we were in the world.

Two years of dating and we now live together in an apartment, Leon's still an agent and I'm a counsellor working in the city. Most of the time we spend our days and nights together, except when Leon's forced to go on missions, but he always comes back to me, usually with gifts and more trauma to carry on his shoulders, but we support each other no matter what and always say "I love you" at the end of the day.