Still With Me?

'Morning beautiful!
I hope you're feeling alright today, and if not I'd be happy to come cheer you up. Don't forget to eat something if you want, but I'll probably call you at lunch anyway to remind you that you're amazing and I love you, but you should look after your precious self until I can be there to take over. Hopefully see you later.
-Leon'

I smile down staring at the last text message Leon sent me before I broke things off. I still don't know why I did it, maybe fear of commitment? Fear I wasn't good enough for him and that he deserved better? Or maybe I just couldn't believe someone like him actually wanted me.

I sigh, slumping down in bed, still dressed in yesterday's pyjamas as I stare at the ceiling. It's been weeks now, and I'm still not over him. I need to break this cycle of doom and do something.

So completely out of character, I get up and get dressed, putting on some jeans and a low cut top then applying some makeup and doing my hair. I call my friends and ask them to come out with me, and thankfully they're all happy to help me find a rebound or at least a distraction.

We end up at a club, it's only been an hour but I'm already five drinks in and dancing the night away, some guy holds my hips from behind and whilst at first i didn't like that he wasn't Leon, I relaxed and began flirting back, hoping that if I was lucky he'd take me back to his.

He doesn't, instead when I go grab another drink from the bar I come back to find him making out with another girl. Okay, bullet missed. I turn and go back to the bar, deciding that instead of drowning my sorrows in one night stands I'll rely on the alcohol to cure me.

My friends begin to worry, but I wave them off and keep self destructing, downing one drink after another. At some point my blurry vision clears, and I look around to see I'm slumped on the floor of a toilet stall, my head pounds and my friends stand around, one is biting her nails as she holds my phone, calling someone.

"I'm sorry, but we didn't know who else to call." She mumbles after slipping the phone back into my pocket. I'm sick again, and I think I pass out until a faintly familiar voice enters the room.

"I'll take it from here, you ladies go and do whatever it is you do, be careful though."

They all pat my back and leave me with the man. I turn to see Leon, my ex, looking down at me with a mixture of guilt, pity and concern. "What am I gonna do with you, huh?" He smiles, then leans down and grabs a hair tie from his pocket, one of my old ones, carefully he ties my hair up and then scoops me up, I let him, I'm weak and feel terrible.

Shit. This is the exact opposite of where I was supposed to be heading. I'm trying to escape him, not pull him back.

"Let me go, I'll find a...somewhere." I slur, my hands clutch his shirt as he carries me through the back and into the street. He shakes his head, walking to his car.

"I don't think so, you're in no state to be on your own, and your friends called me for a reason." He mumbles, opening the car door and carefully putting me in the passenger seat. My head just slumps to the side and I let him put my seatbelt on, his warm hands graze my skin and I swear his eyes meet mine for a second.

"Alright, all safe. Mind your hair." He smiles, closing the door. In a blur we make it back to his apartment, but by then I'm halfway to passing out again.

He carries me to his room, then gently sets me on his bed, the sheets still smell the same, and I'd forgotten how comfy his pillows are. I groan, smiling as I bury myself under the covers like a hamster.

"Huh," Leon smiles widely, "You're still adorable."

I try to flip him off but I can't lift my arms, and I mumble something incoherent before my eyes close.

I don't know how long passes but at some point I wake up feeling groggy and terrible, my head kills and every noise is too loud, but it's still dark out. I look beside me to see Leon awake and staring at the ceiling, lying on his back with his hands tucked behind his head. He doesn't touch me, there's space between us as if he purposely let me be, the thought should make me happy, but a slither of regret pulls me under, back into that pit of wallowing and guilt.

"You still with me princess? You look like you're trying to figure out the secrets of the universe." Leon softly murmurs, shifting as he sits up and reaches a hand out, but stopping himself and putting it down again, fitting the sheets.

I nod, averting my eyes to the floor. "I'm here, but I shouldn't be. I swore I'd stay away from you..." I whisper. Leon lets out a breath, the bed dips as he scoots forward and sits in front of me instead, lowering his head he meets my gaze.

"I don't know why you ended things between us, we had something good." He mumbles, it sounds more like a question.

In the darkness, in the middle of the night, I feel like I can tell him anything, so I do. "I got insecure, worried you'd leave me and find something better, so I hurt myself first before you could. It wasn't because I don't love you."

"Love. Not loved?" Leon asks, his eyes wider than before.

I nod, "Love." I affirm, my eyes fill with tears as I realise the massive mistake I've made, and now I can't stop the words from spilling out along with the tears, "I miss you. I miss your stupid morning messages and those stupid snacks you brought me. I miss your jokes and how you just know how I am by a single look, I miss your laughs and the way you hugged me. I've missed you so much Leon, I can't believe I was so stupid, and for that I don't deserve you at all."

Leon shakes his head, pulling me into his chest as he rubs my back. "I love you so much, but you don't get to decide for me, I know what I want and what's good for me, and it's you. There's nobody else Y/N, nobody else I would ever want," he lets out a small chuckle, "You've ruined love for me, you've taken all I have and I still have more only for you."

I laugh at his dramatic speech, it's cheesy and I know I want more of them. More of him. "I'm so sorry, please give me another chance." I ask, looking up as Leon watches me with longing.

He nods, not even hesitating. "I'd give you a million." He mumbles, before pressing his lips to mine. I wrap my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss but my head still hurts so I pull away, groaning as Leon 'hmms' and stands, going to get me some water and painkillers.

I take them and then crawl into his arms, resting my head on his chest as he holds me to him as if I'll run away. When I wake up again I see Leon coming into the bedroom dressed holding a delicious smelling paper bag from my favourite breakfast place.

We eat breakfast in bed, catching up from the last few weeks and cuddling, then surprisingly Leon asks me to move in with him, joking that it's so he can keep me prisoner. I laugh and nod, we'd been dating long enough for this to eventually happen anyway, it's like picking up where we left off.