Bleeding Through PT 1

AN: This was a request and I didn't have much prior knowledge to the illness aplastic anemia before writing, so I apologise if some things aren't quite right. I also strayed a little from some requested details to work the plot better but most is the same.

Due to the length of this story, consider it a Christmas present from me to you😂It took a while to write, but nonetheless, I hope you all enjoy this three part mini story!

----‐----------------------------------------------------‐---------

Y/N POV:

I'm so tired, feeling too fatigued to even get out of bed I lie against Leon's chest, his breathing even as we watch a film together. I'm not really paying attention, I'm more focused on staying awake whilst he's here with me, too many times have I slept when he's home and missed out on precious time with him before he has to leave for another mission.

"You feeling alright? Should I get you some water?" Leon softly says, breaking me out of my thoughts. He glances at his watch, "You're allowed some more pain medication now if you need it?" His eyes are on me, searching for any trace of discomfort. I've become a master of hiding it most days, but today he sees through my mask.

I shake my head, forcing a smile I know he knows is fake. "I'm okay for now, I just want to stay here, it's comfy like this." I reply. Leon's eyes linger on me for a second longer until he nods and turns back to the movie, only half paying attention as his fingers gently caress my shoulder. I admit, his presence does make me feel better, but lately the illnesses and infections have been too frequent. I'm not getting any better, but I knew that wouldn't happen anyway.

The illness I have is called aplastic anemia, it's a rare blood disorder and can't be cured easily. I'm on some waiting list for more treatments but the line isn't moving fast, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even make it to then. Leon often reassures me, he's even tried to use his power working for the president to get me seen faster, but to no avail.

All of a sudden Leon's phone begins ringing. Carefully he untangles his arm from around me and sits up, taking the call.

"Kennedy speaking. Yeah. Now? When? Okay, I-I guess I'll be there." He sighs, hanging up as he rubs his face.

I look at him with question, waiting to hear where he's being sent off to now. "I'm going to Spain. The presidents daughter has been kidnapped, apparently I'm the only one capable of bringing her back alive." Leon explains, sounding reluctant.

I nod, using all my energy to sit up. "Alright, go save her." I smile, "Just make sure you come back in one piece, we don't need another one of us with one foot in the grave." I joke, but Leon swallows thickly. He gives my head a quick kiss before he goes to pack and get ready. In the meantime I lie alone, feeling even more ill by the second, fuck I hope it's not another infection, the last one was worse than ever.

Leon comes back, kissing me a few times before cupping my cheek. "You look so pale, are you sure I should leave you alone?" He worries.

"It's only a few days, I'll be alright. Now go." I murmur, squeezing his hand then watching as he goes.

The days pass in a blur. I hardly eat anything, too tired to cook. I try have a shower but I quit after a few minutes, breath coming short as I cough and cough, collapsing onto the bed just before the dizziness takes over. I miss so many of Leon's calls, I know it'll worry him sick but I just can't talk to him. He'll know I sound terrible, and he'll come home right away.

I think it's day four when Leon comes home, calling my name desperately as he rushes into the bedroom, freezing when he sees me. "Fuck, we need to get you to a hospital." He breathes out, but I shake my head, eyes pooling with tears.

"No," I cry, "I'm fine. It's just the flu. I don't want to go anywhere, I just want to be here with you." Leon's lips part in a protest, but then admitting defeat he drops his bag and comes to collect me into his arms, soothing me until I pass out.

The doctor comes and goes, confirming my suspicions. I had the flu, but it left some serious damage. My immune system is weak, too weak. One more infection and it could kill me. Leon spends his days caring for me, ignoring invites from friends or shrugging off some missions. He cooks my meals, helps me bath when I need help, and sometimes carries me outside for some air, but when I shiver uncontrollably he immediately brings me back inside.

It's exactly three months later that the infection hits me. It's night and my chest feels heavy, I wake up sweating and coughing, blood coming out of my mouth as Leon sits up straight and pales. We rush to the hospital, Leon shaking from nerves as I'm wheeled into a room and seen by many doctors, some in strange uniforms with a red and white logo on, oddly representing some kind of umbrella.

"I'm afraid you can't come in Mr Kennedy. She's vulnerable right now, and we can't take any risks." I hear a doctor say, but Leon begins to argue, insisting he can at least step at the doorway.

I frown, feeling off about the whole atmosphere. A doctor comes beside me, injecting something into the IV drip which makes me sleepy. I begin to speak, but find I'm unable to move, my breaking slows as all I can do is watch and listen. The doctor smiles at me menacingly, then suddenly a loud and long beep fills the room.

"What is that?" I hear Leon panic, "No." He softly says, then the shouting begins. "NO! Y/N, DON'T LEAVE ME! PLEASE DO SOMETHING!"

I see Leon try to claw his way into the room, tears streaming from his blue eyes as he stares at me. I realise now, that these doctors are faking my death. But why?

"Y/N," Leon sobs, falling to the ground as security comes to collect him, "I love you, I'll always love you. We'll see each other again one day, I swear-"

I can't even move my eyes. A doctor comes to my side, smiling as I internally panic. "Don't worry, we're going to make you better, and then we're going to take very good care of you, in hopes that you'll return the favour for us. Besides, Umbrella is about preserving the life of people."

The last thing I see is a bright light.