Cat Curiosity

AN: Let's call this one self-indulgent. Lately there's been a cat coming to visit me and for some reason my mind became hooked on cat dad Leon🤷‍♀️😍
---------------------------------------------------------

I was minding my own business listening to music with my headphones in when something dark caught my attention. Immediately frozen to the spot with my music still playing, I only allow my eyes to drift to the corner of my living room where I squint into the dim light. I begin to think my mind is playing tricks on me, until the shadow moves.

I yelp, standing up as my headphones rip out of my ears, I scuttle backwards hitting the wall as the small shadow quickly darts under the curtain, only a fluffy black tail with a white end sways. Wait? Is that a cat?

Taking a breath I force myself to stop being so jumpy. I slowly step forwards, carefully peeling back the curtain to reveal a pitch black cat with blue eyes staring up at me. I smile to myself, crouching down and holding out a hand to the stranger as it hesitantly walks towards me and sniffs my hand, then once it knows I'm not going to hurt it, the cat begins headbutting my hand and purring. I pet it, stroking the soft fur as it weaves itself between my legs. I look up at the open window, figuring that's how the little guy got in.

"Hmm, are you lost or just on an adventure?" I ask the cat, who stops and blinks at me without any signs of understanding me. Obviously. I hold back a laugh as I head to the kitchen, grabbing some meat from my leftovers. I don't even have time to turn around before the cat jumps onto the counter and nudges my hand, seeking out the snack.

"Here, bon appetit." I coo, watching as the cat takes the food from my hands. I pet it a little while longer until it's had enough, then it trots back to the window and jumps up, strategically balancing on the railing as it makes its way down. I close the window, feeling a sense of happiness at my usual visitor.

The same thing happens the next night. And the one after. I soon learn to close my window but when I get home from work one evening I find my little stranger waiting to be let in, it paws the window as if pleading for more food. I can't resist, so I let it in for a while and feed him until once again the guy leaves.

I sigh, flopping on the sofa. Story of my life.

The night after there's a massive storm. I'm partway through a movie when I hear the desperate cries of the cat. I rush to the window, letting the soaked animal in before closing it again. It's fur drips as it plods across the floor, tail drooped. "Hold on a sec Stranger." I say, grabbing a towel then scooping the feline up, it doesn't resist when I wrap it up and try to dry it, then I settle down on the sofa again with a blanket, the cat lays on my chest. A blast of thunder hits, scaring the poor thing, so I do my best to kiss and cuddle it, wondering why it's even out in weather like this.

"I bet someone's missing you right now." I murmur, brows furrowing when I notice a small thin collar around the cats neck. It's black, and easy to miss. I lean forward, narrowing my eyes as I trace my finger over the collar, noticing there's a name and a phone number. "Oh, so you do have a home?"

I hesitate, debating whether to call now, but in the end I pick up the phone and call the number. The person doesn't answer at first, then finally they do.

"Hello?"

I'm met with a masculine voice. An attractive one at that. I glance down at the cat, who's now asleep.

"Uh, hi, are you Leon? Because I think I have your cat?" I stumble, unsure the protocol for this kind of thing.

"Yeah I am, can I come pick him up now?" Leon asks, I hear the sound of keys jangling before I can even tell him my address. It turns out the guy lives across the street, almost in the apartment opposite mine. Minutes later there's a knock on the door, so I stand letting Stranger meow and walk off somewhere in a huff.

"Hello-" I begin, but I stop and stare at Leon. He's taller than me, and is built like a fucking model. His blonde hair sticks to his head, but he still looks gorgeous, and those blue eyes, almost ocean like, oddly similar to the cats.

Speaking of, the freeloader comes trotting Leon's way. Leon's eyes widen as he bends down and scoops the cat up, holding it close as if he cares for it a lot. "Panza, you damn animal." He coos, giving the cat a scratch behind the ears that makes my heart and legs weak.

"Panza? I've been calling him Stranger." I smile. Leon's eyes meet mine, they widen, then drop as he scans me from head to toe, then meet mine again this time with a glint in them.

"No," Leon smiles, "He's Panza, like from Don Quixote."

"Ahh, good book." I nod, earning a incredulous look from Leon. He shakes his head subtly, then holds Panza closer.

"Sorry he's been bothering you, he's not really a fan of being in one place too long." Leon apologises. I wave it off, leaning against the door.

"Eh it's okay, he's in good hands over here whenever he feels like taking a holiday." I joke. Leon laughs, and it's the most beautiful sound, I even blush until we say our goodbyes and he leaves.

I let out a breath, needing a cold shower.

A week later, Panza makes another visit. I sigh, shaking my head at the little guy. "Your dad's gonna get pissed if you keep running away from home. Let me guess, you're in your teens?" I say as Panza sits on the floor and begins washing himself. I call Leon again, and this time I invite him in.

"Thank you for calling me, some people around here wouldn't be so...nice." Leon softly says as we sit on the sofa, mugs of steaming drinks in front of us.

"It's really okay, it isn't a problem. If anything I've become attached to Stran- I mean Panza." I correct myself. Leon smiles, our eyes lock for too long, my lips part, but then Panza jumps onto Leon's lap breaking the moment.

"Let me repay you, how about I buy us dinner?"

"Like now?" I ask in shock, not entirely against the idea. Leon nods, shrugging up a shoulder. For the first time since I met him, he actually looks shy.

"That would be amazing. Do you like pizza?" I smile.

Three hours later Leon and I have eaten way too much whilst watching some movies, and Panza is curled up on the rug fast asleep. "I had a really great time tonight, it's been a while since I've had company." I admit.

"Me too, hence the whole cat thing." Leon replies, pressing his leg to mine. Once again, our eyes connect, then without anymore hesitation our lips do to. It's soft but deep, and only deepens when Leon cups my cheek and tilts my head. I gasp into the kiss, clutching his shirt as we makeout.

"I..I should get Panza home." Leon whispers, I nod and kiss him again, then he stands and gently scoops up the cat.

"I'll call you if he comes by again." I say at the door as Leon hesitates.

"Or you could just call me. Whenever." Leon smiles, kissing my cheek then saying a goodbye. Once he's gone I close the door, grinning to myself before slapping a hand over my mouth, completely feeling on cloud nine.