Emergency Contact PT 2

I smile, pulling him back by the neckline of his tee. "Stay with me then?"

He nods. "I never left you."

Leon then begins getting ready for bed as I lie under the comfortable sheets, they're still the same ones I used to spend hours under, when Leon and I used to fuck then talk a lot. The feel of Leon's lips against my shoulder stir me out of my thoughts. "Lost in your head or can I have you back?" He teases, reaching out to brush his knuckles against my cheek. I shrug, then turn over carefully, even though the painkillers are kicking in I'm still sore, then I nuzzle into Leon's chest. His arm wraps around my back, caging me to him as we just breathe each other in, I never thought I'd have him back, so I'm savouring every moment from now.

When I wake up in the morning Leon is gone. For a second I panic until I enter the kitchen to find Leon whisking something in a bowl, only dressed in his black sweatpants. I gawk at the sight, the view sends a thrill through me. "Yum." I laugh, letting out a smal yawn as I reach up and kiss his cheek. Leon grins, turning his head and pecking my lips before he points to a cup of fresh juice at the kitchen table. I nod my thanks and sit, taking a few sips and stretching my back. Since my dive out of the window my body has been a constant battle, and this morning isn't any different. If anything I'm hurting more now than I was last night.

I watch as Leon makes us some pancakes, it's a treat he'd always used to make me the day after he returned from a mission. We talk a little until he brings over the plates, then we dig in. "Thank you for coming to my rescue last night." I murmur midway through eating.

Leon's eyes snap to mine, but they're soft. "I'll always save you when you need it, but I wish you didn't need saving in the first place."

I give him a pointed look but then my lips tilt into a smile. Once done I stand up but my cuts and bruises protest. Leon notices this time and immediately comes to my side, cupping my face between two hands. "You're in pain." He says, not a question since he knows me too well.

It's pointless lying. "It's just my...entire body?" I draw out, biting back a smile which Leon doesn't reciprocate. He sighs and shakes his head, mumbling a curse and a murderous intent under his breath before scooping me up.

I yelp in surprise as he carries me yet again to the bathroom, sitting me on the counter. I open my mouth to ask what he's doing until he begins drawing me a hot bath. "It'll relax the muscles, and clean you up more thoroughly." He murmurs, adding in some bubbles and checking the temperature.

Once it's filled I hop off of the counter and begin undressing, but Leon stops me with a hand on my shoulder. "Let me help." He softly says, the statement isn't sexual, it's genuine kindness and compassion. I nod and lift my arms as best I can as he pulls off my top, then I lean on him as he slides down my underwear. His eyes linger on my naked body for only a second longer than needed until he holds out a hand and helps me step in.

I sit in the water, already feeling lighter and more at ease, but when Leon turns to leave me I grab his wrist. "Join me." I whisper. Leon hesitates, but then nods and undresses and climbs in behind me. I lean against his strong body and between his legs as his arms wrap around my chest, I lean my chin down, just letting him embrace me.

"Before I called," I begin, "what were you up to? I honestly didn't think you'd answer me."

Leon's breath tickles my ear as he replies. "Since I had no active missions I was on unofficial vacation." He huffs with a smile. I stiffen, turning my head to face him with an apologetic look, I know how often he gets vacations; practically never.

"I'm so sorry I ruined it, you were probably chilling out for once and there I go fucking it up." I say.

Leon shakes his head, then flicks some bathwater at me playfully. "I was bored as hell, and like I keep telling you, I'm never not gonna be there for you, regardless where I am or what I'm doing. You're my priority, everything else comes third."

"Third?" I laugh, lifting a hand and grabbing a bunch of bubbles, but as if knowing what I'm doing Leon grabs my wrist and shoves my own hand in my face.

"Second spot is reserved for...nevermind." He mumbles.

I arch a brow and lean forwards, turning to face him as I wipe the bubbles away. "Tell me."

He looks anywhere but at me. "Our kid. If one day you still want to...I know we talked about...I guess I just....fuck." He leads off, looking shy.

I smile, grabbing his hand and linking our fingers together. "I do still want a family with you, one day." Leon's lips tilt, he leans forward and kisses me deeply.

"As much as I want to stay here, I was supposed to report my findings and mission status to Hunnigan like yesterday." I sigh, standing up and feeling much better then before. Leon follows my lead, helping me dry off regardless and then we both get dressed.

"I'll come with you, I'm gonna ask to be assigned to this mission like I was supposed to be." Leon says, I nod for once glad he's going to be by my side during one of the few failures of my career. An hour later I'm sat behind Leon as he speeds through the streets on his bike, I've missed our rides together so I smile the whole way.

*****A Week Later*****

I kick the man out of the window, smiling when I look down and see him crawling away, but he won't get far. Payback is a bitch.

I look across the room to Leon who's just finished pummelling the guy who tried to shoot me, Leon's eyes meet mine as he walks over, holding out his first.

I bump it, rolling my eyes before grinning and making my way to the stairs, ready to grab the man and take him in.