Not Exactly A Bad Dream PT2

I'm sat at the kitchen table with my laptop in front of me, my fingers rapidly typing away as I work on my current book, I'm so concentrated on it that I don't even notice Leon's come home. It's the sudden rustling of bags being put on the counter that distracts me.

"Oh, hey!" I smile, closing my laptop as I stand and head over to Leon, unsure whether to hug him or not. Leon gives me the usual warm smile, and thankfully takes the leap and wraps his arms around me. I sigh happily into the hug, sniffing the cologne he wears to work. "So what's all this? I thought we go shopping on Tuesdays?"

Leon nods, pulling my hand away as I try to reach into a bag. "It's the ingredients I need plus a few other things," he says until his eyes dim, "You're still up for the date, right?"

I nod exaggeratedly, attempting one more peek into the bag, but to distract me Leon grabs my cheek and plants a dizzying kiss on my lips. "Stop being nosy. Do you mind staying in your room for a while whilst I...cook?" He asks, looking a little worried.

I smile, nodding as I grab my laptop and give him a thumbs up. "Sure, just come pick me up when you're done." I joke before heading off into my room and closing the door. Immediately I hear the bags rustle and things being moved about, making my excitement grow by the second.

I change into some more date appropriate clothes that are still casual but better than before, then begin resuming my work, glad that my imagination is currently by best friend. I don't know how much time passes until there's a knock on my bedroom door. I bite back a grin as I practically leap out of bed to answer it, to find Leon wearing a different outfit too which is still casual, it doesn't matter though because he could look good in anything.

"Ready?" He softly asks, holding out a hand. I notice the hallway lights are off which is odd, but regardless I nod and take his hand, allowing him to guide me into the living room. I gasp at the sight. Candles are lighting up nearly every surface and Leon set up the table in here, which is adorned with a vase of fresh bright red roses. Tears of elation fill my eyes but I blink them away as I grin and let leom guide me to the table. He pulls out the chair for me, I softly laugh as I sit and touch the roses, smelling their floral sweet scent. "This is...beautiful." I whisper to him, truly breathless from the effort and thought.

Leon shrugs but I can tell he's blushing. "It's not much but, my mom used to say it's the thought and effort that counts." He fondly replies, his smile dims for a second at the mention of his late mother. I reach out and grab his hand, giving him a reassuring squeeze before he springs into action again.

Leon disappears for a few moments until he comes back with plates of food. My eyes widen at the delicious meal, even the smell makes my mouth water. He jogs away and comes back again with a bottle of wine and two mugs since we don't own wine glasses. "This is your favourite, right?" He asks.

"Yeah, how'd you remember?"

He shrugs again, then begins pouring us both some. "To our first date." I say holding up my mug, Leon chuckles as he grins, clinging his mug with mine before sipping. Soon enough we dig into the food, it's almost like restaurant food it's so good. We laugh and talk, discussing an array of topics whilst eating. I've never felt so listened to and interested about a person.

Once we're done Leon takes our plates and grabs a cheesecake he made. Once again, it's the best. I groan at the taste, which does make Leon blush. After I sit back, completely full. "That was so good, I really enjoyed it. Thank you so much."

Leon waves it off, "You're welcome, I wasn't sure if you'd like the idea of staying in for our first date."

I shake my head, "It was so much more meaningful, it's really been the best date I've ever been on." I reply, but then Leon leans forward over the table and reaches up, brushing a crumb off of my lip. My breath hitches as I let out a small embarrassed laugh, but at the same time I'm desperate for a taste of his lips. Without taking my eyes off of him I stand and then climb onto his lap, cupping his jaw I lean down and kiss him deeply, Leon's arm snakes around my back as he pulls me to his chest, his other hand tucks my hair away from my face as he kisses back with the same ferocity.

I let out a small whimper when his hand moves to my ass, giving it a squeeze, but then Leon chuckles and pulls away. "Shit sorry, I was trying to be a gentleman..."

I smirk, "Well don't be. Let loose Leon, it is a date after all-" I begin, but it ends with a yelp as Leon stands and carries me to my room, both of us laughing as we kiss and cling to each other.

We collapse onto my bed, doing nothing but kissing and some light touching for a while until we're both just so out of kisses. In the end Leon lies on his back with me on top of him, his arms around me as I listen to his heartbeat. "Can we take this slow? I don't want to fuck this up before we even begin." Leon murmurs near my ear.

I nod, feeling the same way. "Of course, but I don't think you're going to mess anything up, I'm ready to do things when you are."

"You know," he begins as he strokes my hair, "I didn't have the best time growing up, but getting into the academy and then RPD was such a turnaround, I didn't think my life could get better, but then I met you and now we're here, it turns out my life could get better, all I needed was you."

I smile, cupping his cheek and kissing him before sitting up and stretching. "I should go clean up." Leon sighs, standing. I nod and stand too, insisting I'll help. Reluctantly Leon agrees so we both clean up whilst listening to music. When everything is put away, the candles are blown out and all is clean Leon grabs my hands and pulls me into a slow dance, both of us laughing as he twirls me around the kitchen and dips me, kissing the tip of my nose.

"Stay with me tonight. Just sleeping I promise." I whisper, and thankfully Leon nods, following me to my room. We get ready for bed then climb under the covers, it all feels so natural and it doesn't take long for us to find a comfy position to sleep in where we're tangled together.

"Do you think we can have another night like this?" Leon whispers, pressing a delicate kiss to the back of my neck. I nod, bringing our intertwined hands to my lips.

"We can spend every night like this." I say, before drifting off to sleep finally in the arms of the man I've always wanted. I sleep like a baby, not once waking up.

When morning comes Leon is gone off to the RPD. I'm slightly disappointed but when I find a note next to my pillow along with a red rose I can't help but to smile.

'Y/N,
Getting up this morning was hard since all I wanted to do was stay with you, but duty calls and I've got a city and hopefully a girlfriend to protect. I thought we could go see that movie you wanted to see tonight so I'll be home to pick you up at eight.
-Leon'

I grin like an idiot, gripping the handwritten note to my chest as I collapse back into bed. I know for a fact as soon as Leon comes home I'm going to give him his answer, of course I want to be his girlfriend. And wife, but I don't want to scare him just yet.