Girls Night Plus Leon

Sherry sits in front of me on the floor as I brush her hair, Mulan plays on the TV as she eagerly watches, her eyes wide and bright, finally she looks like 12 year old kid enjoying Disney movies rather than a girl having to play adult to make her parents proud. I smile, finishing the braid just as Leon comes home, holding numerous bags in each hand.

At first Sherry stiffens but when she sees Leon she relaxes and turns back to the movie, she's still anxious since being on her own for the short time in Raccoon City. I stand and head over to Leon where he's putting groceries away, looking happy to be home. "So, got the popcorn?" I ask, peeking into the bag, I notice Leon look me up and down as I gather all the snacks for tonight, I'm wearing my pyjama shorts and a matching tank top.

"Yeah, how's she been?" He asks, watching Sherry from across the room as she moves to the sofa, her eyes still on the TV.

"Good. I introduced her to Bambi earlier, and now Mulan." I shrug, Leon shakes his head and presses a quick kiss to my temple.

"Is it a girls night only or can I join?" Leon asks Sherry as he helps me prepare for the movie night. Sherry smiles and reaches for her drink.

"You're more than welcome to join us." She says, I'm still not used to the way she phrases things, like she's much older and well educated, I just can't help but to think about all the childhood she missed out on because of her parents' high expectations and absence.

Leon gives her a thumbs up and settles beside her on the sofa, talking to her about the movie animatedly as I watch them. We've only had Sherry for just under a year now, but I'm so glad she and Leon get along.

"So, face masks?" I suggest, holding up three packets I bought earlier this week. Sherry and Leon give each other strange looks before nodding at me. I roll my eyes clearly more excited than the pair as I rip open the packets and pass one to Leon, he holds it away, dipping one finger into the stuff and pulling a face, teasing Sherry.

They both laugh as I put mine on, then kneel in front of Sherry and help her with hers. She's hesitant at first, but then smiles and embraces my silly chaos. Leon does the same, and after I pull out my phone and we all take silly photos whilst we wait. Once the time has passed, we all head to the bathroom and rinse, Leon helps Sherry with hers this time, wiping away the bits she missed.

"So, what should we watch?" I ask the duo, Sherry picks out a movie so I put it on and we all settle on the sofa, with Sherry in the middle, a massive bowl of popcorn on her lap. I absent mindedly stroke her head, and she leans into my touch, not seeming to mind the affection.

Leon smiles at me from over the top of her head, and I can't help but to smile back, this is the family I've always wanted. At some point Sherry falls asleep on me, and soon enough I'm falling asleep too.

Leon POV:

The movie ends. I look to my left to see both girls asleep, with Sherry hugging
Y/N, my heart warms at the sight, but I can't leave her like this all night. I stand and stretch before scooping Sherry up and holding her limp body close, I make my way to her room and tuck her in, making sure her favourite bear is beside her and putting on the night light she insists on.

I turn to leave, but she half wakes and grabs my hand. "Night dad." She mumbles before her eyes flutter closed. I stand still in shock, but Jesus that was good to hear, I practically see her as my kid now anyway, since her real parents are dead.

I close the door, one girl settled now it's time for the other. She's still asleep on the sofa, hugging the empty popcorn bowl to her chest, I huff a laugh and pull it away with some resistance then turn off the TV. I pick Y/N up, her arms wrap around me as she wakes and looks up at me with sleepy eyes, then put her into our bed, making sure to pull the covers over her as she snuggles in and begins to snore.

I smother a laugh with my hand, watching as she mumbles and pulls faces, fuck she's so cute, then she rolls over and reaches for me, but I'm not there yet. She frowns and wakes again, noticing I'm getting undressed.

I finish putting on my sweatpants then climb into bed, ready to go to sleep, it's been a long day. Her little arms wrap around me so I pull her onto my chest, kissing the top of her head as she rests a hand near my shoulder, her fingers trace the small scar I have there. "Sherry called me dad earlier." I blurt out in a murmur.

Her breath catches as she looks up at me, pleased and proud of Sherry and I. "No way, that's...it's good, right?" She asks.

I nod, "If that's what she wants, I'm not pressuring her to call us anything if she doesn't want to." I explain, knowing from experience how it feels to lose parents and feel obliged to find replacements, it's just hard.

Y/N smiles, pressing a delicate kiss to my shoulder as I suppress a groan, her lips will be the death of me, and if I wasn't so tired I'd pull her under me and show her just how much she means to me.

"Do you think we're doing okay? I mean she's happy and healthy so..." She asks me unsure.

I nod, squeezing her closer to me, "We're doing fine, and Sherry knows she's safe and can finally let her guard down."

Y/N nods and a small yawn slips out of her, within seconds she's back to sleep, and I lay there staring at the ceiling, wondering after the hell I've been through how I'm so lucky to have my girls.