Loved That Bike

AN: Welcome to the second book of imagines! 

This particular imagine features spoilers from Death Island, so beware! 

----------------------------------

I raise my head up to the sky, basking in the sunlit streets of San Francisco as my bike rumbles underneath me. The coms open and I press a hand over my left ear to hear properly. "So what's the deal with this Dr Antonio Taylor guy?" I hear Leon ask, the vague sounds of his own bike sound in the background. I could almost picture Leon sitting on his own bike, only a few blocks away from me. 

"He's wanted for espionage in three enemy states. San Francisco PD sent a SWAT to his last location, but they were attacked by an unknown group with a lot of fire power." Hunnigan replies, I huff as I look around. 

"Sounds like someone's eager to have him." I joke, Leon makes a noise of agreement. 

"Well, whoever these people are, they have Taylor now." 

I glance down at my phone, watching the video footage of Taylor being kidnapped. "Uh, that can't be good." Leon sighs. 

"That's an understatement," Hunnigan replies, "he was involved in top secret research for our military, and now foreign agents are after him too. We need him in custody ASAP, like yesterday ASAP." 

I shove my phone into my back pocket once the video ends. "You love to rush me, don't you?" Leon teasingly says. The line sends warmth through me, and I can't help but to cut in. 

"Maybe she does, but nothing we do is ever fast, we take our time." Leon chuckles as I rev the bike, getting ready to help Leon catch this Taylor dude. 

"We know the route the van took," Hunnigan interrupts, "and if our calculations are correct it should pass through in a minute or two." 

I hear Leon curse under his breath, and immediately I'm more alert. "Their early." Leon updates, I can't help but to swear too. This minor inconvenience now means I'm too slow, Leon's gonna be on his own for at least a couple of minutes. 

I speed out of the street as fast as I can, heading onto the freeway and passing numerous cars as I force myself to keep calm. I hate minor fuck ups like these. When I sew Leon on his green bike in the distance following the van, relief fills me, but not for long. 

I briefly see Leon pull out his gun, but suddenly another bike comes at my side, a woman in a tight fitting suit riding it. I frown, already knowing  something is off. She turns to me and knocks into my bike, I shout and regain control, but she's already sped past me and does the same thing to Leon. 

"Hey, we got company!" I call through the coms, Leon grunts as I see him dodge cars and speed past the woman. 

I grab my gun and try to shoot her, but the woman turns and shoots the driver of a car. Immediately it veers towards me, and I'm forced to break, but it's too late, the car slams into the bike and I feel myself fly through the air, I reach out and luckily land on the roof of another car in front, my fingers beginning to slip already as I hold on for life. 

"Leon!" I yelp, Leon's bike slows down as the car catches up, he holds out a hand and grabs my outstretched one, then using his strength he pulls me onto the back of his bike. I wrap my arms around him, swearing as I look behind and see the woman still tailing us. 

"Bitch is still there." I mutter, Leon hands me his gun over his shoulder and I take it, then turn to shoot the woman as one hand stays wrapped around his body. Every shot misses, and I can't help but to admire this woman's quick reactions. 

The woman speeds up and reaches a car carrier trailer, I shake my head more from annoyance as she presses a button on the side and cars begin falling down. "Ah shit." Leon murmurs, his arm wraps around me from behind as he guides the bike around the cars, pulling me to him as if using his body as a shield. 

"See if you can get in front!" I call out, Leon nods and does as told, speeding up as we pass the woman once again. I aim and shoot, finally hitting the front tyre of her bike. However, she brings the bike into a wheelie and drives up the ramp of the car carrier, seconds later her bike falls in the middle of the road, and Leon only just manages to swerve past it. 

A body falls in front onto the bike, wrestling to pull Leon off as I push Leon down and shoot, but she ducks and moves too fast for me to hit. The bike wobbles from our weight, and I pray we'll survive this. 

I aim at her chest instead as Leon grunts, trying to release her hold on him and keep control of the bike. The woman jumps up, using her heel to pull the bikes breaks as she grabs hold of a passing truck. 

Everything moves in slow motion as the back wheel of the bike comes up, once again I'm falling forward and in the air, but Leon somehow wraps his entire body around me seconds before we roll across the road. My eyes stay shut, buried into Leon's chest as he quickly leans up and aims the gun, but the woman is gone. And somehow we're alive. 

I open my eyes and crawl away from Leon's caging body, glancing at the ruined bike. Once Leon's established our safety, he reaches out and cups my cheek, his eyes scan me for injuries but other than a few sort muscles, I'm fine. 

"You alright? Not hurt?" He asks, his voice laced with worry. I shake my head as I do my own check of Leon, but he waves me off and smiles reassuringly. 

"I'm okay," he murmurs, but then his eyes move to the bike behind me, his face falls and I swear his lip juts out, "but damn...I loved that bike." He sighs, I can't help but laugh, patting his shoulder as cars beep and rush past us. 

"It's fine, we'll get you another." I wave off. 

Leon stands and helps me up, "Yeah, I'm more bothered about you though, maybe once this is all done with you can find a way to cheer me up?" 

I reach up and press a kiss to his cheek, my face tickles from his stubble. "Yeah, sure."