Date Night Dinner

"Ah shit." Leon mumbles, wiping a hand over his face, wincing as he ends a call and slips his phone into his back pocket.

"What's wrong?" I ask, frowning as I finish the last touches to my make-up, making more effort than usual for our date night. Leon sighs, turning and looking guilty.

"Our reservation has been cancelled, turns out the table was double booked." He says, coming over to me as my lips turn down. "I'm sorry baby, I know you were looking forward to it." I nod, standing up as I wrap my arms around him, feeling warm and fuzzy as he presses a kiss to the top of my head.

"We can still have a date night though, right?" I hopefully ask, looking up at hin with my puppy dog eyes. Leon smiles, nodding as his hand wraps around my waist. He guides me to the kitchen, then begins rummaging around the fridge as I take a seat at the counter, legs swinging as I rest my chin on my hands.

"You're cooking?"

"We're cooking." Leon corrects me, already grabbing numerous ingredients from the fridge and setting them out. My eyes widen as I hold my hands up in a surrender, shaking my head as I do so.

"I'm all for tag teaming, but cooking isn't exactly my strongest point." I argue, but Leon's not bothered. He shrugs and grabs my hand, leading me off of the stool and beside him as he grabs more utensils and pots.

"That's why I'm gonna teach you." He grins, "Now grab that onion and slice it up." He instructs pointing at the pile of food. I nod and grab a knife from the block and begin to slice the two ends off, the onion being a slippery son of a bitch keeps rolling away from me. In frustration I grab it and slice the middle a little harshly, almost cutting my finger in the process as my eyes water.

"Whoa! Okay, here maybe I should do the cutting." Leon panics, coming to my side and leaving whatever he was doing to help me. Gently he takes the onion from my hands and begins slicing it up like a professional, followed by tomatoes and some green leafy things.

"What are we making exactly?" I ask, staring at his hands, memorised by the way he chops without taking a break, it's all done in a matter of seconds. It's like the stuff you see on cooking shows.

"Pizza." Leon replies, then grabbing some other ingredients he puts them in front of me and gets behind me. "Now we've gotta measure these up, I'll help since this bag of flour is a little heavy for your tiny hands." He teases, kissing my cheek as he slips his hands through my arms and begins measuring things up. I watch, leaning back against his warmth as he works. When we reach the bag of flour he gestures for me to pick it up. With his hand holding the bottom of the bag I pick it up and begin to pour it into the bowl, until too much begins to go in and a cloud of the stuff flies in my face. I almost drop it, setting it aside as Leon backs away, giving me space to wipe my eyes.

"Did it get-" Leon begins, at first sounding concerned until I turn, and a massive grin splits his face. Immediately he doubles over in laughter as I wipe my flour covered face, definitely not feeling the same way. Damn stuff!

I frown, then childishly I grab a handful of the flour and throw it at him. It rains down onto his hair, dusting his cheeks and covering his black tee. His smile fades, turning into a 'o' as he looks down.

"Oh no you didn't." He murmurs, reaching forward to wrap his arms around me as I squeal and try to break free. Leon grabs some more flour, and sprinkles it into my hair, only stopping when I begin to elbow him in the ribs gently. Lightly chuckling now, he pulls away and gives my ass a cheeky slap before we settle back into our position with his arms under mine, guiding me. "Next step is to mix all of this bowl together until it forms a dough. That'll be our pizza base."

I nod, and grab a fork, but Leon sighs and plucks it from me, passing me a wooden spoon instead. I begin to mix the dough, and Leon adds some hot water gradually until the mixture begins to toughen and form a dough. Raising my brows I look back at him, seeing that he's smiling at me.

"Good job baby."

"Now what?" I ask, poking at the dough. He uses the flour mess to pour the dough out, then with him still behind me he begins to mess around with it, pushing it down then folding it.

"We need to knead it."

"Yeah I know we need it, but-" I tease, but Leon nips my ear with his teeth, making me giggle. He gestures for me to have a go, which I do as he leaves me to go work on something behind me, I hear some sizzling but focus on my job. "Am I doing this right?"

Leon turns to look, nodding. "Yeah that's it, you're doing a pretty good job."

I smile at the praise, then begin to do some guess work. "And now we need to shape it right? To make the base?"

Leon nods curtly. "Yeah, if you make a circle-"

"I want a square." I pout, earning a look of confusion from Leon.

"Babe, pizza should be round."

"But we can make a special one. Besides I've seen square pizzas before."

Leon watches me for a beat longer, then shrugs and gives me a nod. "Alright you madwoman, square it is. You're lucky I love you, considering you're going against tradition."

I roll out the dough and make a shape that doesn't quite resemble a square, but definitely isn't a circle. Leon comes back over with a bowl of cheese, grabbing a pinch he offers some to me, I open my mouth as he puts some in, then he begins making a wall of cheese around the pizza, then carefully he rolls it up to make the crust. I watch, once again fascinated.

"How are you so good at all this?" I ask, leaning against the counter.

Leon's face warms, "My mom taught me a few things when I was little. I used to watch her cook sometimes so I picked up some skills here and there." I smile, giving his jaw a quick kiss, then Leon grabs the pot of sauce he was making earlier and pours it on. Once done, he points at the pizza and leans back.

"Now you can put all the toppings on." I do as told, adding all the things we prepared earlier. Leon then carefully puts the pizza on a tray and slips it into the oven. "And now we wait."

I let out a sigh, smiling as Leon pulls me in for a hug. Somehow we end up slow dancing and chatting until the timer goes. I quickly set some flowers and a candle on the counter along with some sauces whilst Leon does the honours of cutting up the pizza and dishing it up. Leon also grabs half a bottle of wine left over from Christmas, pouring us both a glass.

We sit side by side, the atmosphere just as romantic as a fancy restaurant. We eat and talk, enjoying each others company until the food is gone and the candle is dim. "You've got sauce-" Leon begins, but deciding it's easier to do it himself he reaches out and wipes a thumb across my chin, grinning at my small blush.

"I wish we made dessert." I mumble, admittedly feeling full but still craving something sweet. Leon gets up, taking the plates with him before coming back with a pack of cookies and a bowl of ice cream.

My eyes light up as Leon murmurs a "Bon appetit." Sitting down he grabs a cookie as I dig in, offering him a spoonful which he rejects. I've never felt so loved and taken care of, it warms my heart.

After, we clean up together. I do the washing up as Leon dries, both of us full and sleepy. After that, Leon runs us a bath filled with bubbles and oils. We settle in together, murmuring lowly and yawning for at least an hour before we seek out the bedroom, snuggling together in an embrace.

I couldn't have wanted a more perfect date night.