Emergency Contact PT 1

I throw myself out of the window, thankfully I'm only on the second floor so the impact doesn't kill me, but I still land in a bush, which did cushion the drop, but also cut me to pieces.

I hear the men shouting to each other inside the building, and as soon as I force myself to stand a bullet flies past me.

I grunt, sprinting away since getting to my bike is a no go. Poor thing, I'm more upset about abandoning it then I am about the fact this mission has gone so so wrong. I run through the woods, the last rays of sunlight shining a path. I'm breathless and in pain by time I reach civilisation again, somehow I've ended up by a main road which does make my shoulders slump in relief...until the first boom of thunder fills the sky, seconds later rain relentlessly pours from the sky.

"Fucking really!?" I shout, slumling on my ass and bringing my knees to my chest. I take a few deep breaths, licking the rain away from my lips as I think.

I can't go home, it's not safe.
I can't go back, I'm in no state for fighting.
That leaves...fuck.

I pull my phone out of my pocket, surprised its survived everything, then I pull up the number I haven't called in so long. I don't want to call him, I'd rather save my dignity, but sadly my dignity dies with me if I don't get somewhere safe, and soon.

I dial my ex, Leon, before I can think twice. It rings and rings until after the fourth chime he picks up.

"So, you've remembered I exist then, I'm surprised you haven't deleted my numb-"

"Leon." I whisper, feeling too much emotion, but mostly guilt and longing. Leon picks up on my solemn tone and immediately his playful tone is gone.

"Y/N, what's wrong? Are you in trouble? Where are you?" He asks, I hear keys in the background as if he's already preparing himself to come find me.

"I-I don't know," I begin, then describe what I can see, by some miracle Leon knows and insists he's on the way. "Please be careful, I don't think I'm gonna die like right now but-" I break off, my voice cracking.

"Shhh," Leon coos, "I've got you sweetheart."

I hang up, feeling my tears mix with the rain as I allow myself to break down for only a minute, then I begin to build myself back up, ready for Leon's appearance. It doesn't take long for him to reach me on his bike, as soon as he pulls up he rushes to me, kneeling in front of me as his hands hover over my face.

"Tell me who did this." He deeply says, his jaw clenching as I shake my head.

"Don't think you can beat up a bush," I lightly tease but wince as I smile, "but the guys who forced me to jump out of a window deserve a few punches."

Leon's eyes widen as he helps me stand up, his hand stays linked with mine as he guides me to the bike, but we both know the drill of getting on, we've done this together so many times before. "I'm taking you to my place, 'kay?"

I nod, wrapping my arms around him for the first time in so long, God I've missed him so much. I lean into his warmth as we race down the road, the rain blocked by his body as I hug him closer than needed. Leon tenses but doesn't comment.

We arrive at his place quick, and straight away he leads me to the bathroom, pointing to the bathroom counter. I hop on it, twiddling with my fingers as I comprehend what I've done. Where I am. Who I'm with.

"Fuck," I sigh, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to drag you into this."

Leon reaches into the cabinet and pulls out some first aid supplies, giving me a pointed look in the process. "I'd rather you call me than anyone else, you know you can rely on me no matter what."

I nod, but my breath hitches when he stands between my legs. "May I?" He softly murmurs, his hand already lingering near my face. I nod again, then he tucks my hair away from my face before grabbing some alcohol wipes. I stay silent until he begins to clean my cuts up, but it stings like a bitch and in reaction I clutch his hand.

He stops, leaning down to look into my eyes. "I'm sorry," he says, "want some painkillers first?" I shake my head letting go of him, so he continues but his brows are knitted together as if my pain is causing him pain.

Once all the cuts are cleaned he puts an ointment on the smaller ones but grabs a plaster for the bigger one on my forehead. I watch as he rips the paper with his teeth then smooths it over my cut. I reach for the pack of painkillers once he's done, then take them with a handful of water.

Leon steps back, crossing his arms. "Right, now I've patched you up I think I deserve an explanation."

My lips part, but decidedly I know I've got to tell him the truth. I explain how the mission went wrong, and Leon listens intently, cursing once I'm done. "Damn it Y/N, why didn't you have backup."

I wince, "Actually...it was supposed to be you, but I...I said I could handle it on my own."

Leon's glare sends chills down my spine, I hop off of the counter and begin to walk out when Leon catches my arm and pulls me to his chest. "You're telling me you almost died because of, what, our history?"

I bite my lip but stop when it stings. "I didn't know if you'd want to work with me because of that." I argue, but Leon huffs a fake laugh before wrapping an arm around the small of my back.

"I don't care about any of that. You need me, I'm there, of course it doesn't make a difference that I'm still in love with you."  He murmurs, but the words are out and we both look at each other with shock, but Leon drops his guard.

"Take it back." I plead, pulling away but Leon keeps ahold of me.

"Not happening."

"You didn't mean it."

He pulls me closer, a hand cups my cheek carefully. "I know what I'm saying, and I know how I feel. I. Love. You."

My mouth parts, but then I find myself leaning up on my toes to kiss him. Leon groans and kisses me back, his arm pulling me closer than possible as he devours my lips, I whimper, and Leon picks me up, carrying me to his room and laying me on the bed. I wrap my legs around him but he pulls away smiling, giving me a final kiss on my nose.

"I want to, but not tonight. You need to rest, and I need a cold shower."

I smile, pulling him back by the neckline of his tee. "Stay with me then?"

He nods. "I never left you."