Holiday Hitching PT 1

Leon comes back from his mission exhausted as usual, even though he tries to be happy and loving, I can tell he's having a burnout. I know he deals with the same shit over and over again, and though he refuses to admit it, he's sick of being the governments attack dog.

He sighs and flops onto the bed after having his shower, he's been back only a couple of hours which we spent cuddling and napping, both comforting to Leon after the chaos he's been through. "So," I excitedly say as I lie beside him, propping myself up, "I've got a teeny surprise for you. Well, us."

Leon arches a brow as he looks at me, his eyes are half closed though, clearly sleep isn't far away. "Just tell me." He mumbles, letting out a breath of impatience.

I decide to let it slide, I grab my phone and pull up the email, shoving it in front of Leon's face as he pulls a face and squints at the brightness. "What's this?"

"A vacation!" I cheer, rubbing my hands together like some evil villain, I've been planning this for weeks and when I heard Leon was free for the last week of this month I knew I had to take advantage, he'd never treat himself to an actual vacation.

"Really?" He mutters, not sounding as impressed as I'd hoped, I deflate, my shoulders slump as I bite my lip, doubt begins to creep in. Maybe this was a bad idea, I guess I should have asked Leon before-

"Hey," he softly murmurs, sitting up and gently cupping my face, "it's a good idea, it's just...a surprise."

"Well yeah..." I retort, feeling a little defensive, but then to smooth things over I add "I thought you'd like to spend a few days at the beach, you know enjoying some peace and tranquility."

"When has my life ever been tranquil?" Leon chuckles, tapping the tip of my nose as he lies down again, tucking his hands behind his head as his blue eyes stare at the ceiling. "I guess we better pack tomorrow then." He mumbles, giving me a smile as I squeal and launch myself at him, hugging him tightly as he laughs and kisses me.

A few days later Leon and I find ourselves on the beach, thankfully the small coastal town I chose to stay at isn't well known, so the tourist rate is pretty low, which means we get almost the whole beach to ourselves, and there's hardly any waiting for anything. I walk hand in hand with Leon, wearing a cute dress which sways in the breeze. Leon opted for a plain tee and some navy blue shorts.

I look to see Leon surveying the area, his eyes more focused on distant rocks rather than ahead, or even at the sea. "What's wrong?" I ask, sensing Leon's on edge.

He forces a smile, looking down at me. "Nothing." He says, but I give him a pointed look. He sighs, "I just expect something to happen. Something to go wrong or interrupt us." I nod in understanding, but step in front of him and cup his jaw.

"I think you can relax, in fact that's an official order." I smirk, Leon's lips tilt into a wide smile as his brows raise up. "Really?" He sarcastically retorts, I nod as he leans down and kisses me slowly, taking time to enjoy the sun blazing down and the taste of my chapstick.

After spending a few more hours on the beach, forcing Leon to help me build a sandcastle and collect shells for it, we finally agree to go get some drinks at the local bar. We sit at a table inside, ordering a pitcher of drink and watching the sun begin to set in the horizon. Leon looks like he's finally beginning to enjoy himself, his hair is lighter already and I swear his eyes could challenge the sea, I guess the fresh air and lack of stress is doing him good.

"Quit staring," he mumbles as he smiles, he reaches out and brushes my hair behind my ear as I lean down and sip the drink through my straw, "and go easy on the alcohol, last time you drank too much I had to carry you home."

"Stop mothering me." I laugh, looking around and watching everyone have a good time. The hot weather and music brings out the pure joy in everyone, and people even begin dancing as the night goes on. Eventually I'm ready to go back to our hotel, so I stand and begin making my way to the door, until my eyes catch on a bright pink jukebox looking machine.

I immediately turn around and walk to it, the alcohol making me curious. Leon lets out a breath and follows me, beelining around the happy drunks as he waits for me. "We've gotta do this!" I eagerly say staring at the machine as if it's the best thing ever.

It turns out that the bright pink machine is actually some kind of fake wedding thing. I slip in a few coins as Leon shakes his head ruefully, but I ignore him and type in our full names. The screen lights up and some short worded vows appear, I look up to Leon who just smiles and nods, we both press the 'I do' buttons before suddenly a small box comes rolling out of the machine.

Leon bends to pick it up, opening it to reveal two cheap metal rings. I grin, holding out my hand as Leon gently takes it. "This is a big commitment, if you decide to break up you'll break the poor machines heart." He teases, but in his eyes I can see all the emotions he's feeling.

I nod, then without breaking eye contact Leon slips the ring onto my finger. "One day, it'll be a real ring." He murmurs, passing me the second ring. I grab his calloused hand and slip his ring on, pressing a kiss to the back of his hand afterwards.

"Kiss me, my unofficial husband." I laugh, draping my arms around Leon's neck, he chuckles before pressing his lips to mine hungrily. Behind us people cheer, clapping and whooping as if it's a real wedding. We pull away, breathless and slightly embarrassed, I look back at the machine and give it a little pat before grabbing the fake certificate printed out. Leon holds out an arm and I take it, then we practically rush our way back to the hotel.

"Still regret the vacation?" I ask as Leon scoops me up and lays me on the bed. He hovers over me, linking his ringed hand with mine as he brushes his nose against mine.

"I never regret anything when it comes to you, now let's bless the marriage." He smirks, dominating my mouth and lifting my dress up.