Mr and Mrs Kennedy

AN: Yes this is inspired by the movie Mr and Mrs Smith 🤭
-------------------------------------------------------------

I drag myself into the bathroom, stripping off the blood clothes carefully since I took quite a beating from my last mission. I wince seeing the massive bruise on my shoulder, then stiffen when I see the cut on my forehead. Fuck, how am I going to explain this to my husband, he thought I was out of town seeing some old friends.

I grab a cloth and begin cleaning up the blood splatters from my skin, grateful that most of it isn't mine. A faint smile tilts my lips as I recall breaking the man's fingers one by one, listening to his whimpers as he told me the locations where he's keeping the poor women being held. Hopefully by now the team have secured them and the women are getting the help they need.

Midway through putting on some fresh clothes I hear the bedroom door open. My head swivels to the bathroom door, immediately I close it and slump against it as Leon knocks. "Hey honey, I wasn't expecting you home for another day."

As usual, I quickly think of an excuse. "Yeah well I wasn't feeling to well, and then I fell down some steps so I thought I'd best be at home."

"Shit, are you alright? Do you need anything?" He asks, his voice gruff as I hear him get changed rapidly, a part of me wonders what the rush is, and why there was a slight panic to his voice when he first asked about me.

"I'm fine, I'm just getting ready for bed then I'll be out." I say, then I speed up getting fixed up. I throw my ruined clothes out of the bathroom window for now, since I'm usually the first one up I can get rid of them tomorrow morning.

I take a few breaths in the mirror, reminding myself that I'm not a terrible wife for lying to my husband. It's for his own safety, and for our relationship. He'd never be with me if he knew I was a secret agent for the fucking government. No way.

When I come out of the bathroom Leon's lounging on the bed, a book in one hand. "Jesus, you weren't kidding about that fall honey." Leon mutters, putting his book aside as I climb onto the bed and straddle him. His hands find my hips as I lean forward and press a loving kiss to his lips, but then I see he's got a bruise on his cheek.

"What happened to you?" I ask, arching a brow in concern. Leon looks momentarily confused, but then his eyes widen as if realising what I'm on about.

"Ohh, I just was sparring with one of the guys at the gym and got distracted."

I don't believe him, but I nod anyway, allowing him to have his small secrets since I have mine.

We cuddle and talk for a bit before eventually calling it a night. Leon's arms wrap around me as I snuggle into his chest, my arm drapes around his middle and it isn't long before we're both asleep.

Hours later my phone rings, I frown and wake up to answer it, Leon stirs and sits up as I get up and take the call, giving him a silent "sorry" as I duck into the bathroom. It's work calling.

"We've got an emergency. The hotel where the rescued girls are being kept has been attacked. The girls are all trapped in their rooms and the attackers need taking out."

I huff a sigh, pinching my nose. "Can't someone else take this one, I'm not sure I can-"

"You've been requested."

I stifle a groan then accept, hanging up I head back into the bedroom just in time to see Leon quickly shove his own phone under his pillow. I stare for a second but I don't have time to interrogate him about it right now.

"I've got to go. Apparently one of the girls as gotten into some car trouble and her phone is about to die." I lie, slapping myself mentally for the poor excuse. Leon surprisingly doesn't question it, he just nods and gives me a quick kiss as I rush around to get dressed in the dark.

"Be careful, watch out for assholes." He murmurs. I give him a knowing smile.

"I can look after myself baby."

*********************************

I arrive at the hotel quickly, already I've taken down two men guarding the entrance. I raise my gun and walk to the elevator, pressing the button I wait for the doors to open, and when they do I blink once. Twice. Ten times.

Why the fuck is my husband here? More specifically, why is he pointing a gun at me looking confident and not at all phased by the chaos and dead bodies behind me.

"What are you doing here?!" We both exclaim at the same time. I open my mouth to speak but then Leon grabs my arm and yanks me into the elevator, shooting a man behind me who apparently wasn't dead. The doors close as we stare and stare at each other.

"I-..." I lead off, "I'm working." Leon's eyes widen just a bit more. "I work for the government, like an agent. What the hell are you here for?"

Leon shakes his head in disbelief, muttering something under his breath as his lips tilt into a fake smile. "Samw job honey. No wonder we get along so well."

I watch him, wondering how come we've never picked up on it before. It all makes sense now, some of the odd things he did and random trips he took sometimes, even the new scars I'd notice when he wasn't looking.

"So, guess we're gonna have a long chat after this?" I wince, giving him my sweetest smile as his lips thin, he nods once, then the doors to the elevator open.

We both raise our guns, nodding at each other before stepping out and facing different directions, back to back. "All good?" He asks.

I begin to nod but then some doors open and the attackers begin to step out. Leon curses, so I assume he's having the same dilemma. "Fuck. You ready to show me what you've got baby?" Leon murmurs.

I can't help but let out a small laugh. "Yeah...if you think you can keep up." I tease. His blue eyes flick to mine as he gives me a seductive look, I'm so going to pay for that comment later.

We both begin shooting, somehow working together in a silent rhythm ducking and dodging bullets, whilst shooting and and occasionally throwing knives. Every few seconds we admire each other, giving each other small smirks or impressed eyebrows.

My side is all clear as the bodies pile up, but when I turn I see Leon frowning, wrestling with someone on the floor as another man aims his gun. I shoot the second guy between the eyes, but can't get a good shot on the other.

"Out. Of. Ammo." Leon grunts, I nod and reach for a clip attached to my belt, I throw it to him as he catches it with one hand, then sexily he reloads his gun with one hand and then shoots the man above him three times. I let out a relieved breath and rush to him, kicking the body off before helping Leon up.

"You're fucking amazing baby," Leon says with awe before pulling me to him and capturing my lips with his. I moan into the kiss as he backs me to the wall, my arms wrap around his neck as he cups my cheek. "But I think I won."

I scoff and push him away playfully, "I saved your ass, so technically I win, but who's counting? I just...it feels so good for the truth to be out now."

Leon nods, linking our ringed fingers together. "Yeah, but you're still in trouble."

"So are you!" I accuse as I laugh, shaking my head as he leads me to the stairs, onto the next floor.

"Come on, we've got a hotel to defend."