Sacrificial Sentiments PT 1

AN: This one's a little different because it's based on one of the Resident Evil live action movies.
Now I know we don't talk about the live actions and how they messed up literally everything, but I was watching Retribution the other day and couldn't help but swoon over the casting of Leon.

So this imagine is inspired by the the movie, but if you don't know it or would rather forget about it, then imagine any version of Leon!

🤤😍🥵
---------------------------------------------------------

I hold onto the railing of the elevator that's heading down into the depths of an underwater Umbrella facility. My eyes roam around our team, landing on my boyfriend Leon who's shrugging off his coat and reloading his gun. I take a few deep breaths, the pressure of knowing they're all counting on me to bring our brainwashed friend, Jill, back home is almost too much.

But I can't let them down.

"Let's synchronise our watches, we don't want to be a few minutes out of schedule." Leon calls out, raising his wrist.

Oh yeah, as if me having to run into the facility, fight lord knows what, grab Jill and come back wasn't enough, I'm reminded that the team have set explosives, meaning this entire place is going to flood within mere minutes of detonation and if I'm not back in time....well I hope I can hold my breath and fight hypothermia.

"Hey," Leon softly says, walking up to me steadily despite the shuddering of the elevator descending, "I know you can do this." He assures me, but it's not enough. I reach up, wrapping my arms around him with such force that he has to catch himself on the railing, he lets out a small grunt but doesn't say anything further, he just squeezes me back, until we finally begin to reach the bottom.

"Get low, there will be soldiers waiting." One of our team members says. I nod, getting to my stomach the same as everyone else, by the time we reach the floor of the facility there's already bullets flying, but our team came prepared.

Once the soldiers are down, I hop off the elevator until Leon grabs my wrist. Pressing his lips to mine urgently, he murmurs "Be safe, and come back to me. If things go sideways, forget about the mission, we'll figure something else out."

"You be safe too, and make sure you grab all the evidence you can to finally take Umbrella down." I lightly smile, then I force myself to pull away and begin jogging down the corridor, heading towards the testing areas.

I'm well equipped thankfully, and well trained too. I make my way to the furthest training facility to look for Jill Valentine, a comrade who was kidnapped and is being mind controlled by Umbrella. All I know is that she's here, but I don't know where. The first testing area is designed to look like a fake copy of Tokyo, it even has people, but when I see a zombie outbreak begin I soon learn that the monsters are very real.

After narrowly shooting my way out, I move onto the next facility, hoping this time Jill will either be a test subject or around somewhere. NYC is similar to Tokyo in the way that the whole place looks realistic, but something about it feels off. I look around the main streets, searching for any sign of life or even monsters, but there's nothing. I sigh, until I hear a group of heavy footsteps. Raising my gun I look around, seeing nothing but yellow taxis and digital adverts.