Yearning For The Agent- Pt 1

AN: This imagine begins with RE4 Leon but after a time skip features Infinite Darkness Leon♡
---------------------------------------------------------

I wrap my arms around Leon's neck as he smiles and picks me up, spinning me around both of us full of relief and joy now we're finally safe away from Spain and the horrors he saved me from.

Leon finally sets me down on my feet, his hands linger on my waist as his smile slowly fades, and I just know the atmosphere between us has changed. Something terrible is about to happen and all I can do it stand and let it unravel.

"I-" Leon clears his throat and looks away, "I never thought I'd get so attached to you, but...I'm an agent, and you're the president's daughter, it just...this can't happen between us. Not now."

And there it is.
I nod, swallowing back tears as the sound of helicopters coming to get us fills the silence between us, but we've still got a few minutes. And I'm going to make them count. "Just one more time. Please." I whisper, Leon's lips purse but as of he can't resist, his calloused hand cups my cheek as he presses his lips to mine in a bittersweet kiss, it's drawn out and I know will haunt me forever.

"I'll wait for you," I blurt out, "I don't care about some stupid government policy, one day, maybe not soon, but one day we're gonna meet again and..." my voice wobbles as a tear falls down my cheek, Leon's brows knit together in pain, he presses his forehead to mine before completely pulling away and waving to the helicopters.

Ironic. All I've wanted since being captured was to be saved, and now help is here and I can finally go home, all I want is to stay with Leon longer.

His eyes meet mine, and I know he's hurting as much as I am, but like he said, in reality our paths are so different, but maybe one day we'll meet again...

         *****2 Years Later*****

I sit in the Whitehouse library, it's my favourite place to relax and be away from all the hustle and bustle, I can just be me. No press or expectations, just me. Reading what I want. Slouching how I like.

I turn the page of my book when the lights suddenly go out. I frown and look around, but it's hard to see other than the few emergency exit lights lit up near the door. I close my book and hesitantly stand up, my nerves get the better of me as fear slowly creeps up my spine. Something isn't right, there isn't even a storm, so who cut the power?

I take a deep breath before opening the library door, my head peeks left and right down the dimly lit corridor, moonlight streams in and I only just make out a figure stumbling towards me. As it gets closer I recognise it as one of the men who work for my dad, I think he does meeting arrangements or something.

"Hey, I'm so glad to see you, I got worried everyone had up and left-" I lightly begin, but he stumbles to the wall and slides down, I frown and rush over to him, gasping when I see him clutching his neck, blood streams down between his fingers, his breathing barely there. "Oh my God, give me your phone, I need to call-" I begin, but footsteps sound from behind me, I turn to see another one of my dad's men stumbling towards me, groaning as his arms outstretch towards me.

"No, no, not again." I mumble, seeing now he's a zombie. I step back, tripping on my feet almost as I desperately look around for something to defend myself with. Nothing. I look between the zombie and the library door, but I can't make it past.

Another moan, and I look down to see the other man stand, now turned too. I'm stuck in the middle of them both, and I'm doomed. I clench my fists, refusing to do down without a fight, seconds later one zombie lunges for me, I duck under it and kick him forwards into the other, then absolutely sprint my way down the corridors.

I pass a few more zombies but don't stop to say hi, I need to get somewhere safe. I need to find my dad, or someone-

I crash into a hard chest, arms right me but I'm too busy punching and shoving the body back, trying to escape.

"Hey, hey, stop fucking hitting me!" A slightly familiar voice growls, I pause and look up, my jaw literally drops when I see Leon S. Kennedy. My first and only love. The man who saved me then abandoned me.

"Leon?" I ask, I'm pretty sure it's him because I'd never forget those gorgeous blue eyes, but he looks older. Darker hair. Stubble. A suit that looks expensive.

"Get down!" He shouts, pushing me behind him as he fires three shots, and I hear bodies fall. I tremble, I'd heard enough gunshots before to last a lifetime, and now I'm dragged back into the madness.

"Come on, let's get you somewhere safe." Leon softly murmurs, grabbing my hand like old times as he leads me to safety.

Two hours later I'm sat in my bedroom, violently shaking after all the fear and shock. A knock at my door scares the life out of me, but I mumble a "Come in" anyway. To my surprise, Leon enters holding a mug of hot chocolate, little marshmallows float on top as he sets it on my side and stands awkwardly.

"Everything is secure. We still don't know how they got in but-" Leon begins, but I stand up and wrap my arms around his middle, burying my face into his chest as I hold him like a lifesaver.

"I missed you." I whisper, Leon stiffens but then relaxes after a second, he wraps his arms around me and hugs me back, his warm hands run through my hair as he rests his chin on my head.

"I missed you too," he murmurs, "looks like you grew up a lot the last two years."

"Speak for yourself," I tease, pulling away as he smiles down at me, "So, you're still an agent?"

Leon nods, I sit down and pat the space beside me, Leon hesitates but sits anyway, our shoulders brush as he runs a hand over his face, "Yep. And you're still closely related to the president?"

I give him a pointed look before we both laugh, God I've missed him. "At least I was right, we did meet again." I whisper, I've yearned for him for so long, I'm not letting this opportunity pass.

Leon begins to shake his head, but I grab his hand and his eyes immediately meet mine. "I haven't been with anyone else since you. I went on one date, and it failed miserably because he wasn't you. I can't keep pretending that you're not on my mind, you're the only one I've ever felt I could open up to, the only one who truly sees me."

Leon gulps, his eyes dart to my lips as he begins to speak. "Y/N, I...we're still in the same spot as before, nothing has changed-"

"Then tell me you don't care about me then. Tell me you'll happily meet someone else and be with them for the rest of your life, forever knowing we could've been good together. Happy." I beg, my voice pleads as Leon makes a noise and stands, I stand too and wait for him to reply.

"You're....you....fuck it." Leon grumbles grabbing my face and kissing me like the world is ending. I gasp, kissing back with the same ferocity, Leon grabs my legs and hauls me up, pushing me to the wall as I grab his hair and arch my back, he groans and slows the kiss, until it finally stops.

"What am I to you?" I ask, needing to know where this is going.

"Everything, but if we do this, we're gonna have to be careful." Leon says, nudging his nose against mine.

I nod, "The offer for my security detail is still open." I ask smiling, Leon huffs a laugh as his eyes crinkle.

"Does that include making sure your bedroom is safe? Should I check out the shower in case something is lurking when you're in there?" He teases, but my breathing speeds up and I nod.

"You should definitely check my bed." I laugh, but then a knock at the door interrupts us. Leon sets me down and helps me straighten out my clothes before opening it.

"The president needs you," A voice demands, "Both of you."

Shit.