Gaming Together PT1

My eyes keep darting between Leon, who's sat on the floor in front of me, and the TV screen. A PlayStation controller sits in his hands as he rapidly presses the buttons, gaming with all his might. When I first got with Leon I had no idea he was secretly kind of nerdy like me. When I moved in with him and finally learned that he liked to game to blow off steam and escape reality, I knew I'd picked the right man.

My fingers play with his blonde hair, occasionally his head will tilt back when I scratch the right area, he's worse than a cat. Occasionally he'll sigh or let out a low noise when his video game character is almost dead, but other than that we haven't spoken much within the last hour. I don't mind though, it's the quiet moments like these where I appreciate his existence, besides he rarely lets me touch his hair so I use his gaming time as an excuse to do so.

I look down again at the small smile on Leon's lips now he's defeated the fictional bad guys, I can't help but to reminisce about my own gaming days back when I was a kid. I think about the hours upon hours I'd spend in my room playing my Nintendo SNES. It used to be my own personal escape from school and life. I'd only recently learned Leon didn't game much in his childhood, hence why he's making up for lost time now.

As if sensing a shift in my atmosphere, Leon pauses his game and turns to look at me, his blue eyes scan my face. "What's on your mind honey?" He softly asks.

I smile, shaking my head and not wanting to bother him with my silly thoughts. "It's nothing." I wave off.

Leon gives me a pointed look, arching a brow slowly which draws a laugh from me. I shrug and lean forwards, wrapping an arm around his neck as he kneels up and hugs me back. "I was just thinking about my own gaming days."

"Yeah?" He smiles, kissing my cheek as he takes the spot beside me on the sofa, the game now forgotten.

I nod, toying with some invisible lint on my jeans. "Yeah. I used to have a SNES and I'd spend ages on Mario Kart and Street Fighter," I softly laugh as Leon watches me lovingly, "but I had to sell it when my parents lost their jobs. I just miss it, that's all." I force a smile, leaning my head on Leon's shoulder as he wraps an arm around my shoulders. "It doesn't matter, games nowadays have way better graphics." I finally wave off, dismissing the heavy vibes.

"I've spent enough time gaming today, I think you should have a go." Leon smiles, grabbing the controller and passing it to me. I nod then begin playing, my previous thoughts soon vanish as I make my character ride a bright yellow bird creature known as a Chocobo.

Leon POV:

From the second her eyes glistened when she spoke about her SNES I knew I had to do something. Sure I knew she loved sharing the video games with me but the way she spoke...I know it'd make her happy.

Since a few days ago I've been searching everywhere online for one, and today it's finally getting delivered. I kiss Y/N goodbye as she leaves for work, and not an hour later I rush out to the game store and pick up my order. Along the way I also grab her some new pyjamas, a new candle of her favourite scent and a fluffy blanket she's been eyeing up for a while.

I absolutely love spending my money on her, and since she doesn't treat herself enough I'm more than happy to take charge. Once home I set everything up and smile to myself. I can't wait to see her smile, it'll be so worth it.

I finish off some work and do some things around the house until I hear the door open and the familiar noise of her shoes. I rush to her, glad it's Friday because she's mine for the weekend again. She smiles when she sees me, but immediately I close my hands over her eyes, making her gasp in surprise.

"I've got a present for you honey," I say into her ear, she nods and bites her lip, shrugging off her coat as I lead her to the living room, "open your eyes." I grin.

Y/N does and I step back, admiring her as her eyes widen in shock. Her lips part as she takes in the new console set up as well as the extras I bought her on the table. Tears fill her eyes so I walk over and wrap my arm around her middle, embracing her as her lips tilt into a grin. "I can't believe you did this! Thank you so much!"

I pat her back, chuckling as she cries happy tears into my chest. "I want to give you everything that makes you happy." I whisper, kissing the top of her head before pulling away. She immediately kicks into action, kissing my cheek as she reaches onto tip toes then grabs her new pyjamas. Minutes later she comes back looking cosy and comfortable, grinning as she rubs her hands together.

I shake my head ruefully, letting out a laugh. God I can't believe this woman is mine, I love her so much.

Y/N POV:

Two hours later and it's pitch black apart from the vivid TV screen in front of us. Leon and I sit side by side on the floor, knees touching as we battle it out on Mario Kart. An empty pizza box sits beside me as the blanket Leon bought me covers our shoulders, we probably look like two tortoises the way our heads are peeking out.

"Yes!" I cheer, "Once again I've kicked your ass!" I sing song, wiggling as my character stands on the first place podium. Leon fake pouts, crossing his arms but smiles widely at me.

"Shut up. I love you." He murmurs, I laugh and climb onto his lap, straddling him as he contentedly sighs. I lean forward, kissing him softly.

"I love you too, and I think we should head to bed now." I whisper, earning a smirk from Leon as he suddenly stands with me in his arms. He takes me to bed and disappears to turn everything off, then comes back and shows me how much more he's got to give me.