Little Dove| Vampire AU PT 1

AN: Vampire AU. This was requested but honestly I love the idea and wanted to change things up.

Other AU requests are open, just let me know what you'd like to see!

There isn't a lot of context in this one, it's mostly just confession and gothic vibes that are deliciously dark and full of yearning.

Also, some references to Dracula.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Every creak of this old manor should have me flinching, not hoping that it's him come to see me. Every shadow should threaten me, cause me a sense of fear, not fill me with hope that he's there, watching me like a predator observes his prey. The open windows should make me want to shut out the cool breeze and any monsters lurking in the night, not beckon them in and hope that he knows I want him.

God, do I want him.

His face is like a chiselled sculpture. His hair as perfect as the portraits hung down the duty corridors. His eyes, as captivating as the blue waves crashing against the cliffs, luring me in with promise of beauty, only to be as deadly as death itself.

I sit at my vanity, only the bright moonlight bathing the room in a silver glow. My mirror stands sits in front of me, teasing me as though I can see him. I can't, but I can sense him.

I feel his presence as though we are two magnets destined to always be drawn together. I stiffen, not from fear but from anticipation. Its been like this for weeks now, his visits to me late at night. At first I was scared, until his offerings showed me that he meant no harm.

The red roses were always my favourite gift, but the antique necklaces and various perfumes were majestic too.

"You look as ethereal as ever, my little dove," Leon whispers, bending down to press a kiss to my neck. I gasp, leaning to the side as he scrapes his fangs against my skin, I shudder from the feeling, so sensual and unique, however he begins to pull away only a fraction, his breath still tickling my hair. "Are you afraid of me?" He asks, sounding more curious than offended. He's never shown attempts of completely leaving me, but he does distance himself when I have my moments of shock.

"N-no," I breathlessly admit, "I want more." I stand, finally seeing him for the first time this evening. He looks as royal as usual, a playful twinkle in his eyes as he raises his brows, he reaches out and holds up a palm, I mirror him, feeling his skin and not a single beat of his undead pulse.

"More?" He teases lightly, twining our fingers together before he brings my hand to his cheek, smoothing it down his face as he feels my warmth. His eyes flutter closed as if he's basking in my living glow, the heat of my skin, the roaring of my blood, the rapid beating of my unsteady pulse.

"Yes, more." I repeat as he opens his eyes and lifts my arm, trailing kisses from my wrist to my inner elbow, then back down again, hovering over the veins at my wrist.

"Little dove, doesn't your life please you? Are you not content?" He murmurs, meeting my eyes. I shake my head, swallowing back my previous doubts of confession.

"I want a life with you."

A small smile tilts his lips, as if he's relieved to hear me finally admit it. He tilts his head, then gently spins me around until my back is pressed to his front, and his arm presses mine to my chest, holding me in place. "I have crossed oceans of time to find you, and I can give you eternal life, everlasting love, and forever," I close my eyes, sighing happily at the idea of never being alone again, "but, I don't want to condemn you to this pain."

My eyes shoot open, and immediately I push away from him in childish anger. I cross my arms, but it only makes him chuckle as I frown. "You said-"

"I said I have waited a very long time for you little dove," He slowly says crossing the carpet to gently grab my waist, my skin raises in goosebumps from his touch, "and I will treasure this one lifetime with you. It will be full of love and devotion, for you are my flame and I burn for you and you only."

I find myself nodding, then I lift onto my toes as I press my lips to his. Unlike his touch, his lips are warm, tasting of cinnamon and a tang of copper, I moan into his mouth, unable to get enough as I wrap an arm around his neck. Leon groans too, cupping my cheek as his other hand presses the small of my back, luring me closer than before. His fangs suddenly pierce my lips, but I don't pull away. The moment only makes me yearn for him more, pulling him to the bed as I proceed to lie down, with him hovering above me like a fallen angel.

Leon is the first to pull away, leaving me breathless as I watch him wipe my blood from his mouth with the back of his hand, his wide pupils never disconnecting from my own. He's had his fix of blood, sufficient until a couple of nights from now. None of us speak as I climb into bed, with Leon following and pulling me to his chest. It's only for the night, since he cannot be in the daylight, but I take it nonetheless.

"Are you happy?" I ask, resting my head on his unmoving chest, his fingers brush my hair away from my face as he lulls me into tranquility and the verge of sleep.

"Yes. I never used to be, but you've taught me how to love little dove, and now I think I am truly satisfied with my afterlife." He murmurs.

I nod, then as usual yawn and ask "Tell me a story?"

He huffs a laugh, and begins telling me of his life one hundred and twenty six years ago. I soon fall asleep, nested in his arms and safe from the danger of solitude.