Little Dove| Vampire AU PT 2

AN: A lot of you seemed to enjoy the first part and requested more, so here's the part where reader gets turned! 🩸

I changed up the requested idea to make it darker, so please take caution when reading.

-------------------------------------------------------------

In the dead of night is when I've grown accustomed to feeling most comfortable. Enveloped in the darkness, I feel more at home than I ever have in my life, especially when my vampire boyfriend makes it seem like the stars are our only witness of our undying love.

My eyes flicker open at the sound of movement from downstairs. My heart beats excitedly at the thought of Leon's arrival, so much so that I don't question why he isn't at my window of balcony like usual. Dressed in only my flowing nightgown I hurry down the creaky wooden steps, almost missing a few as I race to meet my lover.

But it isn't my lover I meet.

Once I step into the living room, I notice a figure dressed in all black rifling through my cabinet of antiques and trinkets. An intruder. I gasp, stepping back as fear consumes me. I should've knew something like this would happen eventually, I'm a single young woman living in an old manor by herself, that's filled with valuable things. I should've changed the locks. Installed security. Taken more precautions.

Instead I've been so wrapped up in myself and Leon, that I'd completely abandoned the idea of trivial things like this being a danger.

The intruder looks shocked to see me, which only heightens my fear even more. I continue stepping back until I knock into a side table, a vase worth more than I could imagine tumbles to the floor with a crash, shards already cutting my feet but I don't feel them. The slices of pain are nothing compared to how my throat feels closing up, I can't breathe from the all consuming panic.

"You shouldn't be here. You should've stayed tucked up in bed." The intruder growls, annoyed as if my own presence is an inconvenience for him. I begin to shake, pressed against the wall and trapped as the intruder drops his bag of findings and begins to prowl towards me.

I've been so used to an actual bloodsucking predator cornering me that a part of me isn't scared, the rest however realises that this simpleton wants to hurt me, and I'm fucking terrified.

"Please-" I sob, frozen to the spot and wishing that Leon would appear to save me, but I'm on my own. The intruder grabs something from the inside of his jacket, a blade, then with quicker movement than I thought was possible from a human, he drives the blade into my side.

All I know is blinding pain. So much blood. So much life draining away from me.

My eyes close as I fall to the floor, breathing unsteady since it hurts to do so, and I watch as the intruder grabs his bag and leaves casually, unfazed by the crime he has committed. I don't know how much time passes as I lie there, gasping like a fish with only the ticking of the grandfather clock to keep me company.

Finally, Leon calls my name from a distance. He sounds heartbroken, desperate, and as soon as I feel him approaching I can't hold back my tears. "L-Leon." I whisper thickly, reaching out to him with bloodied hands.

He somehow pales, then throws himself to the ground beside me as he scoops me onto his lap, rocking as he brushes my hair back, his eyes darting to my deadly wound. "Why?" His voice cracks, "Why did you come down here?"

"I wanted to see you." I smile, but wince as another knot of agonising pain fills me. His hand presses the wound, but I know that he sees what I do.

I'm dying.

"We didn't have enough time," I whisper, "but I know you can give me more."

Leon's face crinkles with pure anguish, he thinks on it, but we don't have time. I reach up and cup his jaw, leaving a smearing of blood as he shakes. Lips trembling as he finally nods. "Please don't hate me for this."

An eerie calm washes over him as if he's going through the motions. My vision fades for a second until another blinding  pain consumes me, Leon's sharp fangs pierce my wrist as I writhe in agony, but it's over within minutes and I can't feel a thing. I'm on the verge of death, teetering on visiting the afterlife until Leon tugs me back, not quite to the living but not exactly dead either.

A coppery warm liquid drowns me, my mouth full of it and I can't get enough. I claw at the flesh above me, drinking more and more, feeling drunker every second until I finally gag, reaching a point of no return.

Then I know nothing but sleep.

When I wake, I feel no more pain. I squint against the moonlight seeping through the curtains of my bedroom, looking around it all feels so familiar, but somehow sharper. More vibrant. My eyes then settle on Leon, who's sat beside my bed, my hand clutches in his as he gazes at me.

"Welcome to the beginning of your afterlife my little dove." He murmurs, kissing my hand as I sit up, feeling a little dizzy at first until I get my bearings. When I stand Leon has a hand wrapped around my waist, guiding me to the balcony for air. I'm completely healed, and feel as weightless as a bird. I smile, feeling my teeth sharper than before piercing into my lip. I lick the blood, a sweet taste filling my mouth.

"I promise you'll get used to your new wings soon, and I guarantee you'll soar." Leon smiles. I nod, turning to wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him deeply, now no longer feeling a sense of yearning or distance between us, we are now forever frozen in time, our hearts stuck on the same beat, like fossils encased in a passionate embrace.