Operation Support Surprises

AN: I got a request to write an imagine similar to my 'S.T.A.R.S Surprises' one-shot but featuring agent Leon so here it is but adapted to suit the timeline♡
---------------------------------------------------------

"Sir, you're not supposed to come in here. This is for Field Operation Support agnets only." I hear one of the guards outside my office say sternly. I slip off my headphones and sigh, some part of me already knows who it is since we've had this conversation before.

I stand and stretch as I make my way to the door, opening it to reveal Tim the usual guard stationed near my office, and my agent boyfriend Leon Kennedy. His blue eyes are narrowed on Tim as if he's ready for a fight if he needs to, a brown paper bag is clenched in his hand dangling at his side. I gently put my hand on Tim's shoulder giving him my sweetest smile.

"It's alright, he's got clearance to be here. This is Leon Kennedy." I say, gesturing to Leon who's eyes soften when he sees me. Tim's mouth parts as his gaze swivels between me and Leon in disbelief.

"He's the big hotshot? The guy who rescued the presidents daughter?!"

I nod, biting back a grin as I reminisce about the time I met Leon when we were assigned to work together. The bond we developed after hours of conversation whislt he was in Spain. How he came to see me when he got back and insisted he would take me out for dinner to thank me, which turned into multiple dates and a strong, loving relationship.

"Yeah, him. Now can you get out of my way so I can give my girlfriend this?" Leon sighs, glaring at Tim as he nods and moves to the side. I let out a small huff as I grab Leon's hand and pull him into my office, closing the door hastily.

As soon as we're alone Leon wraps his arms around me, his chin resting on my head as I breathe him in. I've missed him, and honestly needed this. I smile, clinging to him as he lets me stay in his arms for a while. "So what brings you here today Mr Kennedy?" I tease as I pull away, sitting back in my comfy chair as Leon pulls up another.

He gives me a wide smile, "You," He murmurs, but then adds "and this." He holds up the paper bag and passes it to me. I take it, peeking inside before breaking out into a smile. "You know you can't survive on Oreos and coffee."

"I drink tea too." I argue with a laugh, but reach for the delicious looking sandwich and begin eating. I almost groan as if my body is only just now telling me I'm hungry. Sometimes being a FOS agent is tiring and a long job, I often forget to eat or am forced to stay awake for long hours. Thankfully every now and then Leon tries to come vist me and bring me food or something to cheer me up.

Leon just watches the numerous screens as I eat, it's probably all gibberish to him but he analyses anyway. "Everything going okay with work?" He asks.

I nod then finish the last mouthful. "Yeah, just had a few...technical difficulties." I wince, my current agent I'm helping isn't very cooperative and really is a pain in my ass.

"Ah," Leon deeply humms, he then reaches out and wipes the crumbs from my lap before taking my hand in his, his thumb idly strokes the top of my hand soothingly, "I'm sure you're doing your best. If they're causing you too much trouble I can have a word with someone and get you assigned to a different agent?"

I shake my head, looking to the door quickly I make a decision and crawl onto Leon's lap, my arms hook around his neck as I lean into his body, letting out a small yawn. "It's fine, it's almost done and I can finally go home." I mumble as Leon kisses the top of my head and envelopes me into an embrace. We stay silent for a few minutes, just the hum of the computers the only sound. Combined with Leon's natural warmth I'm almost falling asleep, so I sit up and stretch my arms over my head.

"How has your day been? Haven't been assigned to anything yet?" I ask, cupping his jaw as Leon tilts his head up to look at me.

"It's been okay. No new missions yet but I've heard about something happening about some doctor who specialises in bioweapons, so I suppose I'll be assigned to that soon enough." He murmurs, rubbing my back.

I nod then reach for the bag again, Leon's hands hold my waist as I balance to reach, then I grab the cookie he bought me and split it in two. I pass Leon one half which he reluctantly takes and we both snack together. My legs swing happily as my energy and mood recuperate, of course twenty minutes with Leon would do that to me. God I love him and the way he looks out for me in his own ways.

I get up and dispose of the rubbish as I wipe my hands. I glance at the clock and sigh, turning to Leon. He already knows he's got to go, so he grabs my waist and pulls me in for a deep and meaningful kiss. "Be careful and keep safe, text me when you get home okay?" He murmurs, pecking me one last time before walking to the door. I follow behind, opening it for him as I nod.

"I will, thanks for lunch. I owe you one, maybe tomorrow night if we're free?" I smile, shuffling my feet as Tim watches us. Leon's lips quirk up as he smiles lovingly at me.

Leon nods, "For you, always. I love you, see you soon." He murmurs before walking away casually.

It isn't until he's disappeared around the corner that I realised he said those special three words. I gasp, then grin like a maniac. Tim just shakes his head ruefully and smiles at me fondly. "Guess he'll be back around here again soon."

I nod, then close the door and rush to my desk, putting on the headphones and responding to the call from my assigned agent with more energy than before.