The Weekend Away

I sigh contentedly into Leon's bare chest as we snuggle on the sofa, still basking in the high Leon had just given me. His fingers lazily draw patters on my shoulders as we finally relax together. He'd only come home from his mission earlier this morning, but that didn't stop him from taking the shortest time necessary to shower, nap and eat before scooping me up in his arms and not letting go.

"I've got this weekend off work you know," Leon mumbles, his voice rough from our previous activities, "Why don't we go somewhere?"

"Like that new bowling place?" I ask, arching a brow as I look up at him. A smile tilts his lips as he shakes his head and cups my cheek, his thumb tracing my lower lip.

"No, somewhere a little further. Why not Paris? Or maybe Bali?" He suggests. I laugh at his ridiculous idea, but when he just watches me my giggles fade as my eyes widen. Shit, he's serious about this.

"Leon, we can't just go to fricking Paris within twenty four hours! I mean, we have to book flights and-" I begin sitting up, but Leon quietens me with a lingering kiss.

"Sure we can. I'm practically best friends with the president, I could get us a jet to anywhere you want. I mean it baby, tell me where you wanna go and we'll do it." He murmurs, lips now moving to my neck. I gasp, letting out a breath as he nips and caresses me.

"I-I can't go to a different country, but why don't we go to a different city? A nice hotel with a view, exploring different restaurants and shopping at- oh, okay we're doing this..." I lead off as Leon dips his head between my thighs, the weekend getaway temporarily forgotten.

--------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god, look at this jacket!" I all but gasp as I pick out a stunning leather jacket. Leon, already carrying numerous bags of things he insisted on buying me, smiles and stands next to me. I pull it off of the rack, slipping it on but then seeing the price tag. My jaw drops, so with extreme caution I take it off and go to put it back.

"What're you doing?" Leon asks with a frown, gently grabbing my wrist to stop it from raising anymore.

"It's too expensive, I can't afford it and you've already spent so much on me." I shrug, adding a small smile. I'm sad to let the jacket go, I've honestly fell in love with it, but I know logically it's way too much money for me to spend. Leon looks at me with that look, the one where he thinks I'm being cute but stupid.

"Baby, what is it I keep telling you?" He coos, his smile widening as I flounder but repeat the same phrase he's told me numerous times since we arrived in the city.

"If I want it, I'm getting it." I mumble, earning a strong nod from Leon. I wrap my arms around him in a quick hug, then walk to the checkout with Leon following me. He stops, grabbing a pair of shoes I was looking at earlier. I grin, then watch as Leon taps his card. The jacket and shoes are wrapped then put into a bag which I reach for, however Leon takes it and murmurs a thanks to the woman.

"Let's go back to the hotel and drop the goods off, then we can find somewhere to eat." Leon says, lacing his free hand with mine as we head back to the hotel. After dropping the things off and quickly doing some research on my phone, we make a reservation at a fancy restaurant overlooking the city.

I dress up in one of my new dresses and shoes, adding my leather jacket on top. After fixing my hair and makeup I finally exit the bathroom, only to find Leon staring at me wide eyed. "What's wrong?" I ask, smoothing down my outfit. He shakes his head, then grabs my waist and pulls me to him.

"I love you so fucking much mia bella, don't ever leave me." He murmurs, looking vulnerable for a second. I frown, reaching up and stroking his jaw as his eyes close, his hand covers mine in this intimate moment.

"I love you too, and I'm spending a very long life with you Leon." I assure, reaching up and kissing him. When I pull away I smother a laugh and wipe some of my lipstick from his mouth before we finally head out into the night, hailing a taxi to take us to the restaurant. After a short elevator ride up we get seated by the window, where we're able to see the twinling lights of the city as classical music surrounds us. We order wine and talk, the food is delicious and Leon insists I have dessert, watching with admiration as I devour it.

Once back at the hotel near midnight we're exhausted but I want to have a bath. I run an extra bubbly one as Leon orders yet another bottle of wine, then as I slip into the warm water Leon joins me, settling in behind me and wrapping me into a hug, kissing my bare shoulder as we silently enjoy each others embrace. It's around one in the morning when we finally go to sleep, nestled together without an inch between us, but it isn't long before Leon has other ideas than sleep.

In the morning I wake up, I grab Leon's white button up shirt and slip it on over my bra and underwear, looking around the room to find him. When I do, I see his stood on the balcony with a mug of coffee in his hand, his eyes fixed on the city beyond. "Good morning." I mumble, hugging him from behind as he relaxes and turns to look down at me, a lazy smile transforms his face into a piece of art.

"You look as beautiful as ever." He murmurs, setting his coffee aside as his blue eyes trail across my body. I blush and huff a laugh, knowing my hair is a mess and I probably look half asleep still.

"Sure." I playfully drawl, letting out a squeal as Leon quickly picks me up and carries me back into our room, pressing me against the wall as my body heats up. Once again Leon makes me see stars numerous times before we spend our last day exploring the city again, this time visiting a museum, an art gallery and an old bookshop nestled on a street corner. It's the perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

When we're back home Sunday night, it isn't long until Leon receives a call, a new mission has arisen and of course his expertise is needed. I sigh, the usual yearning and anxiety fills me as he tells me he'll be gone a week from tomorrow.

"I'll come back, you know I always do." He reassures me the next morning, kissing my forehead as he finishes packing his duffel bag.

I nod, "I know, but like I say every time, don't make me come and hunt you down if you're late." A sad smile lingers between us, "Please be safe."

Leon nods, kissing me one last time before leaving me alone in our apartment as he goes to face hell. I'll wait for him though, like I always do, and when he gets back I'll be everything he needs and more.