Overseas to Home

AN: Someone requested this ides of Leon surprising reader when he gets back from overseas. 

I wasn't sure what to do with the idea, so I made it as fluffy as possible!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tears fill my eyes as I lie on the sofa, some movie playing in the background as I flick through my camera roll and look at all the photos I have of my boyfriend Leon. There's so many of us smiling, his arm around me and some with his lips on my cheek. It only makes me miss him so much more. 

Leon's been overseas on a mission for two months now. He's never usually this long, but after telling me the government were in shambles after some sort of incident, I practically pushed him out of the door, knowing he would regret it if he didn't go. 

I still don't take back my decision, but I just wish it didn't hurt to much being alone and away from him, especially with little to no contact. These days I'm clinging to snippets of updates from a woman Leon works with; Ingrid Hunnigan. 

The ringing of the doorbell stirs me out of my depressed stupor. I quickly answer it, unsure who it could be. "Are you miss Y/L/N?" A man asks, holding a bouquet of colourful flowers. I nod, brows knitting together in confusion. I didn't order these, and unless I've got a secret admirer, I've got no idea where they could have come from.

Unless...

I nod and sign my name, then gently take the flowers back inside, setting them in a vase. A piece of cream cardboard flutters to the ground when I go to move them, when I pick it up I see there's a printed note.

'Sweetheart, I miss you and love you so much. I'll be home soon, here's a clue; The number of flowers is the number of days until I get back. Be brave for me, love Leon.' 

I let out a sound resembling a sob and a laugh, pressing a shaking hand to my mouth as my lips grow into a grin. I should've expected something like this, it's so Leon coded. Quickly, I turn to the bouquet and count the flowers numerous times, making sure I don't mess up from the excitement. Sure enough, there's sixteen flowers, which means Leon should be home in just over two weeks! 

Fifteen days later, I'm practically a ball of energy, unable to keep still from knowing Leon's going to be back with me tomorrow. I'm reluctant to do anything, stuck in a form of waiting mode, unable to focus on anything but the thought of him coming home. 

I get a short call from Claire, one of my good friends, asking me to join her for coffee since she's in the city. I want to decline, but it's been so long since I've seen her, so I agree and quickly throw on a coat, heading out to walk there. As I stroll there, my mind does wonder if this is another kind of set up from Leon, since it's an odd coincidence seeing Claire only a day before Leon gets back, but I shake it off, putting it down to a strange cudcumstance. 

We spend hours chatting away, and by the time I begin to head home it's almost dark. As soon as I step up to the front door, I know something is amiss. Unlocking it slowly, I swing the door open, gasping at what I see. 

Pure red rose petals litter the floor, creating a path towards the bedroom. Candles are lit around the room, the strong scent of vanilla arresting my senses. I bite my lip, a little scared since I'm not completely sure it's Leon, but I'm trusting myself to hope so. 

I close the door behind me, take off my coat and inhale deeply as I very slowly walk to the bedroom, following the petaled path. When I press my hand against the half closed bedroom door, it swings open to reveal Leon standing there with a smile, some black gift bag in his hand. 

"Hey beautiful." He murmurs as if hesitant. I still, shocked by the sudden appearance after not seeing him for over two months, but as soon as he opens his arms, I'm a goner. 

Sobbing with tears streaming down my face I dart forward, wrapping my arms around him and pressing my face to him. My legs end up giving way but Leon's got me, holding me up as he squeezes me tightly to his chest, softly soothing me with words of praise and love, his lips kissing my head as he rubs my shoulders calming me. 

After what feels like forever, Leon guides me to the end of the bed, sitting with me on his lap and his arm around my back to make sure I don't fall. "You shouldn't be here until tomorrow?" I frown, only sniffling now. 

Leon huffs a laugh, teasing me as he raises his brows and says "You want me to go away and come back tomorrow night?" 

The thought makes my heart hurt, so I shake my head and grab a fistful of his tee as if keeping him here. "Don't you dare, it's girlfriend cruelty." I mumble, giving him a watery smile as he rubs my back, his hand warm and anchoring. 

"I got you a present, here." Leon says, passing me the small black gift bag from earlier. I take it, looking up at him as he nods encouragingly, then with a gentleness I undo the bow and peek inside, gasping at the necklace. It's silver with tiny crystals on, and a few dainty shells too. 

"Some old lady was selling it at this town my squad were staying at. I saw it and thought of you, she said it's supposed to be a token of good luck." He softly says, taking it from me as I lift my hair. He clasps it around my neck, his lips kissing the back back my neck moments later. 

"Thank you Leon, I'll never take it off." I smile, cupping his jaw as he grins down at me. He nods, then leans down to nudge his nose against mine, then his lips touch my own. 

"Everytime I think I can't love you anymore than I already do, you prove me wrong. Fuck you're my everything, you know that right?" He deeply says. 

"Yeah, and I love you too Leon, more then you know." 

He breathes me in, holding me for a while until my stomach growls. We end up ordering some pizza and playing some games together whilst talking and laughing, making up for missed time by creating new, homely memories.