Thanks For The Revenge

The tears just keep falling, and even after a whole pack of cookies and watching the funniest movie I could think of, my ex's earlier words still hurt me. All I was doing was picking up some takeout for dinner, then I bumped into my ex. He'd grabbed my arm, saying such awful things about how he was doing better without me and had replaced me already even though he was the one to break up with me.

I wish I didn't care, but I do. Hence why I've tried to eat my feelings away and stop my emotional train wreck before-

The front door opens, and my bodyguard comes strolling in, immediately stiffening when he sees my vulnerable position. He'd been off duty temporarily just as I decided to go out, it was a stupid mistake on my part, but I craved the freedom and privacy even just for a short time. Now I know it was all a mistake.

"Who do I have to hurt?" Leon says deeply, his eyes are glued to mine as I hastily wipe my eyes and sniffle, I stand as I begin to tidy up, I need something to do, his scrutiny makes me feel on edge. I rush around putting rubbish in the bin and dusting off crumbs until Leon walks towards me casually and gently grabs my arms, his touch light compared to my ex, who left a bruise on my wrist. As if just spotting it, Leon's jaw tenses and he takes a calming breath.

"Y/N," he softly says, "it's up to you whether you tell me or not, but I will find out what happened eventually." For a second I thought he was being nice, but now I see there's deadly intentions behind the words.

The thought of more trouble makes my stomach churn, so I grip his arms back as my eyes widen. "Please don't do anything," I plead, Leon just lowers his head waiting for me to explain. I sigh and tell him about how I ran into my ex, I miss out the exact shit he said since Leon stiffens more and more by the second, and once I'm done a deadly calm washes over him.

He nods. That's it. I feel on edge, but it's out of my hands now, so I just slump into Leon's chest despite how unprofessional it is, and wrap my arms around his middle. I'm surprised when he hugs me back, his hand rubbing my back soothingly as I begin to relax and bask in the comfort.

"Your ex didn't deserve you, and I can guarantee he's a pathetic man who only needed you to make himself feel better, because you're not someone to just date, you're someone who deserves to be cherished and loved." Leon murmurs, his voice takes on an odd tone, and a part of me wonders where the emotion is coming from. Surely he doesn't like...no, that's ridiculous.

I smile, the words hitting home as I pull away and nod. "That means a lot, thank you Leon." I whisper, before turning my back to him and heading towards the bathroom, a relaxing bath would make me feel better.

"Don't thank me yet." Is the last thing I hear Leon mumble, but I don't understand what he means until a few minutes later when I'm laying in the tub, and I hear Leon leave the house.

Shit.

Leon POV:

It wasn't hard to find out exactly what had happened. A quick favour from Hunnigan and I got surveillance footage of the incident. I watch on my phone as Y/N smiles getting her food, then outside her ex approaches her, definitely drunk or on something.

He grabs her arm, and I watch as she winces but takes the pain. My knuckles clench as I force myself to keep watching, listening to every lie her ex tells her about moving on and finding someone better. Fuck that, if I had a woman like Y/N I'd never be able to replace her, she's fucking ethereal.

Once Y/N walks away on the screen, I watch as her ex begins walking. After only a few minutes I have his location, and I get on my bike and go find the fucking bastard.

"Please! I didn't hurt her, she just wanted to talk!" Y/N's ex begs as he slumps against the wall of the alleyway, there's already a trickle of blood from his nose and a black eye forming, but that isn't enough.

"You cornered her. You grabbed her, and you intentionally hurt her just to make yourself feel better." I spit out, crouching in front of him as he holds up a hand, I look down to see my blue leather jacket undone, and my gun is visible. Good, make the fucker think I'm gonna kill him.

"I- I swear she's fine! She's used to it!" He pleads, but as soon as the words are out, he knows he's messed up. I tense up, narrowing my eyes as I see through him, he's always been an asshole to her, and now I'm not just mad, I'm infuriated.

In a quick motion I reach out and grab his hand, snapping each finger in different ways as he squeals and cries. I don't enjoy it, but I'm glad to know he's suffering momentarily, it's a fucked up form of karma.

"Stop! I don't even know why you're doing this. Please!" He shouts, sweating as I push away from him and stand, staring down at him pitifully.

"I'm the one looking after her now, and nothing, nothing, will ever hurt her again, especially useless pieces of shit like you, who think their entitled to say what they like because you're 'better' then everyone else." I snap, but I've revealed too much.

The asshole stares up at me, and even through his pain he begins to chuckle like the narcissist he is. "You're- You're in love with her!"

I grit my teeth to keep from breaking his other hand. I lean down one more time, grabbing his collar, "Yeah I am, and she's gonna learn what it's like to be loved by a real man." After that I throw him against the wall, knocking him out. I take a deep breath, then call an ambulance before walking back to my bike, desperate to get back to her.

Y/N POV:

I wait anxiously on the sofa, my knee bounces as I watch the time pass. It's been an hour, where the hell is Leon?

As of on cue, he walks in, stopping when he sees me, but then decides I already know deep down where he's been, so he just continues in and heads to the bathroom. I stand and follow, watching as he washes his bloodied hands under the tap.

"Is he still alive?" I ask hesitantly, tip toeing closer to Leon as he looks at me in the mirror. He nods once, then keeps rinsing the blood before shrugging off his jacket.

"He might have accidentally broke his hand though." Leon mumbles. I can't help but let out a small laugh, Leon's eyes widen in surprise before he turns around and looks at me with a mix of amusement and bewilderment.

"Why'd you do it?" I ask, and suddenly the laughter is gone.

"He hurt you." Leon simply shrugs.

I shake my head in response, "There's more to it, DiCaprio makes me cry when I watch Titanic but you don't go and beat him up."

Leon's lip quirks up, "Touché. I guess... I have feelings, strong feelings, towards you." He confesses.

I smile, tucking my hair behind my ear as I step closer to him. "You like me?" I ask, Leon's eyes dart to my lips as he nods, reaching for my waist.

"A bit more than like, but you can't blame me, how could I not like you when you're so...you." He murmurs, stroking my cheek as my breath hitches.

"Obviously." I lightly laugh, my gaze glued to Leon's lips, then suddenly we're kissing like lovers reunited. He pulls me closer and devours my mouth like no man has before, I gasp and clutch the back of his neck, the kiss literally making my legs weak, I thought that only happened in books.

"Thanks for the revenge I guess." I mumble after, pulling away breathlessly.

Leon smirks, his hand still on my waist. "I don't know what you mean sweetheart, I told you he had an accident, he looks like the clumsy type."

I snort as Leon grins and pulls me in for another kiss.