Rookie In Love PT2

AN: This is the sequel to the first part which must be read in order to understand some references♡ I wanted to write a second part because the first part was so cute!

TW: This imagine features emotional and physical abuse. Take care please.
---------------------------------------------------------

After the whirlwind of events earlier, I'm glad to be home, even though my dad's already on his third beer and we've only been back half an hour. I start making a sandwich, offering my dad one as he sits himself in front of the TV and drinks continuously. He waves me off, and I can tell he's in a mood. It's best to just leave him alone when he's like this, since I'm usually the one who gets the brunt of his sharp tongue and drunken outbursts.

I finish the sandwich and reach to put my knife in the sink, but it falls and clatter to the floor, and immediately my dad stands and swivels to face me. "Can't you be more careful! I didn't raise a- nevermind, you're not worth the stress right now." He sighs, sinking back down onto the sofa.

I bite my lip, my appetite gone but I force the sandwich down quickly anyway, then head to my room, ready for bed. Before I leave, my dad calls out "I don't want you seeing that rookie again, he's just gonna get you into trouble or pregnant, and I'm not paying for anything if you end up being his mistake."

My eyes fill with tears, but anger flares up. I shove it down, getting into an argument with him has never ended well. I nod, looking at the floor as he harrumphs feeling like he's given me good advice. Little does he know I have no plans of listening, Leon is a nice guy. A good guy. He'd never think of me as a mistake, and I'm not planning on having sex with him yet.

I close the door to my room, then allow myself to cry for exactly a minute. After I just fist a pillow, refusing to feel anything more.

***The Next Night***

It's Wednesday night and I've got an hour until I'm meeting Leon. I slip on a black dress and some heeled boots, then do my hair and makeup nice, but not too nice, I don't want my dad to think I'm going anywhere I shouldn't be.

I look at myself in the mirror, feeling pretty for once. I smile, wondering what Leon's doing right now, is he as worried as I am? I wonder if he's overthinking everything as well?

I push those thoughts aside as I grab a long coat and button it up, it hides my outfit well enough, so as long as my dad doesn't ask to see, I should be in the clear. I grab my phone and purse, then head out to see my dad once again sitting near the TV, a bottle of beer dangles from his hands, numerous empty cans are scattered on the table. Fuck, I didn't think he'd be so drunk yet.

My hands shake as I head for the door, but his voice rings out. "Wheeree ya going sweetie?" He slurs, narrowing his eyes at me suspiciously.

"Just to see some friends, we're studying for an exam together." I lie, shoving my shaky hands into my pocket, he stares until he nods, then turns back to the TV.

"Watch your back," he mumbles, "lotta trouble out there, not as safe as it used to be."

"I thought it was your job to make it safer." I scoff, but immediately I know I've made a mistake. Just as he begins to stand I run out of the door, sprinting my way to the restaurant where Leon will be.

Soon enough, the posh restaurant comes into view, as well as a smiling Leon dressed in jeans and a button up shirt, he's holding a bunch of flowers and passes them to me as we say hello. "You look beautiful, I mean, really really nice." Leon nervously says, opening the door for me as we head in. A waitress seats us at a cosy table in the corner, with candles lit and the table set fancily.

A loud pop makes me jump, but I look across to see a group of people celebrating with champagne. "Hey," Leon softly says, reaching out to place his hand over mine, his blue eyes bore into mine, "You seem on edge, is everything alright?"