Problematic Parents

I've had enough, so I end the call with my parents before launching phone onto the bed, it bounces off and hits the floor with a loud thud. Seconds later Leon rushes in, his brows drawn together as he observes the room, checking for a threat that isn't there.

"It's okay, I just threw my phone, I'm sorry." I mumble, tears of frustration well up in my eyes as I grab my hair, pulling at the root as I force myself to be okay.

Mission failed. Immediately I let out a sob, then feel even angrier at my stupid reaction, I slide down to the floor with my back leaning against the bed, my knees to my chest. Leon doesn't hesitate to kneel down beside me, his arm wraps around my shoulders and pulls me towards him as I cry. Like snotty nose puffy face cry.

He rubs my shoulders, "Shush, it's alright, I'm here for you, it's okay." He softly coos as of talking to a child. I shake my head, my breaths hiccup as I look up at him.

"They don't understand. They still hate me for moving away." I manage to get out, but it's wheezy and I'm sniffling even worse now. Leon frowns as he tenses up, he's mad, automatically pissed because someone upset me, regardless of the fact that they're my parents. Honestly, they deserve it though.

"It wasn't their choice, you're old enough to start a life for yourself, they probably just miss you-" Leon tries to reason but I pull away from him and wipe my eyes harshly, the fabric burns my cheeks but I don't care.

"No, they said that I'm selfish and ungrateful. They're probably just mad because I'm not around to fix things between them anymore." I say, standing up, my body shakes because I'm so frustrated, and thankfully Leon is the master of dealing with pent up anger.

"Hit this pillow." Leon mumbles, grabbing a pillow from the bed and holding infront of him. I shake my head, but the desire to do it is strong. Leon gives me a playful smile. "Come on, I know you want to."

I roll my eyes but raise my fists, then punch the pillow. Leon huffs and then suddenly whacks me with it, I give him a look of disbelief before hitting the pillow again, this time harder. It feels good, and Leon cheers me on but then tackles me and backs me onto the bed, climbing on top of me to tickle my sides.

"Stop! I'm not in the mood-" I gasp out, but I laugh anyway, feeling a little lighter. Leon stops and leans down to kiss my forehead.

"I'm always here for you, no matter what, you're more than enough and you shouldn't let anyone make you feel like shit to make themselves feel better." He murmurs, stroking my hair. I nod and sit up, kissing his lips.

After Leon leads me to the kitchen, and cooks me a lovely dinner, he extravagantly dances around the kitchen and pops some cheese into my mouth during cooking. Then we sit and eat together, it's my comfort meal so it doesn't take long for me to devour it all.

"What do you wanna do now? Play a game? Take a bath? Go visit your favourite bookstore?" Leon asks, clearing the plates away. I shake my head.

"I honestly feel drained, I'd rather take a nap." I huff, Leon nods and grabs my hand, pulling me to the bedroom and helping me snuggle up. He climbs under the covers beside me, wrapping his body around mine and making sure he doesn't lie on my hair. I nuzzle into his chest as he begins drawing lazy circles on my back, soothing my nerves.

"I'll be here when you wake up, just tell me what you need." He mumbles, I nod and close my eyes, falling into a deep sleep.

A phone call wakes me, I sit up bleary eyed and pick up the call as Leon shifts next to me, sitting up and smoothing down his messy hair. It turns out to be my parents, surprisingly they apologise and tell me that they miss me. I make up with them, but I know it won't be the last time.

"So, all good?" Leon asks, I nod, but narrow my eyes thinking he might have had something to do with it.

"Come back into the cave." Leon mumbles, collapsing onto his back and opening his arms, I snort and hug him, then he pulls the covers over us and kisses me.