Inseparable

"Baby, turn that frown upside down." Leon teases, reaching over to pinch my cheek playfully, but I shake my head and refuse to smile. How could I possibly be happy when I'm filled with so much anxiety and longing for the man who hasn't even left yet. Leon frowns, analysing me.

"I'm just...I don't feel like laughing." I mumble, bringing my knees up to my chest and wrapping my arms around them. I feel like a woodlouse, just trying to cocoon into a ball to hide away from everything.

Leon narrows his eyes then moves closer to me on the bed, the movie we were watching continues without our attention. "Hey," he softly coos, then wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his lap, I snuggle into the crook of his neck as he rubs my back and rests his chin on the top of my head. "I know it's for a week, but I'll be alright, I always come home to you."

I can't help the emotions that swell up, my eyes glaze with tears as I shakily say "What if you don't this time? What if something happens and-" I break off with a sob. Leon and I knew our relationship would be difficult with his job as an agent, but we manage, however for some reason this time I just can't contain my worries.

Leon shushes me softly as he gently rocks, I cry into his chest as he squeezes me tighter to him, never once judging me or telling me to stop. Leon holds me as I fall apart, and once I'm out of tears, he cups my cheek and tilts my head up to meet his concerned gaze. "I don't know you were so upset about it after all this time."

I shrug, wiping stray tears with the back of my hand. I sniffle, "Of course, usually I cry when you're gone," Leon tenses up, but I let out a small laugh and press a hand to his chest, "It's okay, chocolate is usually keeps me company, but I don't know...there's a niggling feeling this time that's telling me you shouldn't go."

Leon takes a deep breath then exhales, he closes his eyes as of thinking something over, then he reaches for his phone on the side. Gently he slides me off of his lap and stands, bending down he gives me one last forehead kiss before walking out of the room.

I stay still, stunned. My nerves fray as I think of every single worst case scenario, is he plotting something? Telling someone off? Quitting his job?
Don't be ridiculous, Leon would do anything for me but he's still a hero deep down, he thrives helping people.

A few minutes pass until he comes back, his shoulders more relaxed as he gives me a small smile. "Someone else is taking over. You've got me for another two weeks."

I smile and jump onto my knees, wrapping my arms around Leon's neck as he hugs me back, burying his face into my hair. "We're just inseparable, aren't we?" He chuckles, pulling back.

I frown, "I didn't...I hope it wasn't an important mission, I'd hate for my love for you to have destroyed the panda population or something."

Leon smirks as he taps the tip of my nose, "I'll let that one slide. No, it was just to gather intel, nothing someone else can't do."

I let out a relieved breath then lie back down, Leon joins me and pulls me into him as we put on a different movie and spend the night snuggled up.

*******A Few Hours Later*******

A high pitched ringing wakes me up. I sit up and rub the back of my eyes as Leon tucks the covers over me and picks up his phone.

"Kennedy speaking. Yes sir. No sir. I'll be there soon."

I frown but my heart drops as Leon turns to me, looking guitly and crestfallen. "I've got to go in, there's been a major incident."

I want to say no, I want to argue and cry and beg him to stop risking his life, but he's Leon Kennedy, the silent soldier who will use his life to do good. I nod and open my arms for him to hug me. We breathe each other in for a few long seconds, then he pulls away and brushes my hair away from my face.

"It'll be a few days. I promise I'll be back, don't worry about me, okay? I'll make it up to you."

I wave him off, my heart silently pining for him to stay. "Go save some lives, but come back to me after or I'll hunt you down myself."

Leon huffs a laugh as he gets dressed and grabs his emergency bag. From the doorway he blows me a kiss then leaves, and once I hear the door close I allow myself to cry once more.

Leon was right though, a few days later he comes home whilst I'm baking peanut butter cookies for him. I squeal and practically leap into his arms, kissing him so hard he actually grunts but doesn't pull away.