The Father, The Daughter and The Parents To Be

I follow Leon into Kendo Gun Shop, watching my back as I close the door. Leon and Ada search for bullets as I catch my breath, leaning against the wall for support. A wave of nausea passes but I force my eyes closed, now isn't the time to be sick all over the place.

"You look sick, are you okay?" Leon softly murmurs, I open my eyes to see him standing in front of me, his eyes full of worry as he reaches up and cups my cheek. I force a smile, thankful the sickness passes.

"All good. Let's keep moving." I wave off, pressing my hand onto his and giving it a squeeze before walking past him to Ada. We head to the back of the shop with Leon in the lead but suddenly a man in a yellow checked shirt steps out of the shadows aiming a shotgun at Leon's head.

I gasp and lurch forward but Leon subtly shakes his head at me and raises his hands. "I'm not going to hurt you-" Leon begins but the man interrupts him.

"I said don't move!"

I whimper, even after all the things I've seen in the RPD, this is by far the scariest. I reach down to my stomach instinctively, a protective hand lingering as I force myself to be rational, but I can't lose Leon, especially not now.

"I'm just passing through. I'm going to ask you to lower that weapon." Leon tries, but yet again the man cuts him off.

"Like hell you are!" He yells, making me flinch as the shotgun continues to linger near Leon's head. "You're going to turn around and go right back out the way you came in."

Behind the man a small figure emerges from a building, my eyes widen when I see a sickly looking child lingering unsteadily. I take a step to her but the man turns to me, aiming the gun at my head. I step back again, holding my hands up. "I'm not doing anything," I begin, but look back at the child approaching, "I think your daughter needs help." I murmur, though a part of me knows she's beyond it. Tears form in my eyes as I hold back a sob, my emotions choke me as I clench my fists to keep myself from lowering my hands to my stomach, hugging the child inside of me.

"Don't tell me how to deal with my daughter!" The man snaps. I can see it in his eyes, he knows she's too far gone too.

"Drop it!" Ada suddenly demands, stepping out of the shop with a gun raised to the man. I swivel my head to her, silently pleading for her to not shoot. The little girl needs her dad, even until the end. Ada however aims the gun at the girl, pure anger washes over me as I grab her arm, the man stands in front of his daughter protectively.

"Don't. You. Dare." I lowly warn Ada, simmering with rage as her brows raise, even the man looks at me with a hint of surprise.

Leon steps forward too, "Just let them be." He tries, and Ada does, lowering her gun as the man turns to his kid.

"Emma sweetheart, I told you to stay put..." He says, then he scoops her up with one hand and carries her to the open door, hugging her close as a fresh batch of tears fall down my face, mixing with the rain. I shake my head, unable to watch and turn away, grabbing the wall.

"Just go. Just give us some privacy." The man defeatedly says before slamming the door shut. As soon as the danger passes I let out a sob.

Ada arches a brow at me as Leon rushes to my side, wrapping an arm around my shoulders as I bury myself into his warmth. "Get a hold of yourself." Ada snaps, Leon gives her a harsh look as I cry, clinging to him and silently begging for this nightmare to be over.

"You have no idea what it's like to feel that kind of love for someone," I finally spit out to her, rising up from Leon's embrace, she storms towards me but freezes, then steps back.

"I...You're right. Does he know?" Ada asks. Fuck, now isn't the time, but the metaphorical cat is clawing itself out of the bag. I shake my head at her, but Leon just grabs my arm and gives me a confused look.

"Tell me what's going on." He lightly says, but his eyes are freaking out. I swallow, not knowing how to tell him.

"It wasn't supposed to happen, I think we got carried away, and I wasn't going to tell you until you got settled into your job, but then all this happened and-" I lead off as Leon's eyes widen.

"What are you saying?" He whispers.

"I'm pregnant Leon." I laugh, but it comes out as a cry. "You're gonna be a dad, if we even..." I lead off, but Leon stops me, kissing my lips as I melt into him, he wraps me into a tight hug, rubbing my back as Ada walks away.

"Shit," he mumbles near my ear, "I- I love you so much."

I smile, pulling away as distant groans remind us where we are and the events unfolding. "I love you too. We've gotta get out of this city Leon, we can't let anything happen to our kid-"

Leon nods, looking more protective than I've ever seen him. "We will." He says with determination and confidence, "I promise we'll survive this, and then we'll survive being parents, and I'll be the man you need me to be. For both of you." He smiles, gently stroking my stomach where our kid grows.

I nod then take his hand, then we begin our descent into the Raccoon City sewers.