Fight Club AU

AN: One of you lovely people requested a Fight Club AU, which I was so excited to write considering it's actually one of my favourite movies.

Whilst I hope you all enjoy this one, just remember the first rule...🤭👊(iykyk)

-----------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is wrong with your face?" I ask Leon as soon as I open my apartment door. He stands there in his red leather jacket, holding a cloth to his nose smiling at me, along with the nosebleed he has numerous cuts on his face and a bruise forming on his chiseled cheekbone.

"Fell over." Leon nasally replies as I step to the side to let him in. As usual, he doesn't comment on the amount of fast food wrappers or lack of decent furniture, and as usual I don't as what he's been up two.

Our relationship works better when we don't ask questions.

"Come on, let me get you cleaned up." I sigh, grabbing his hand and leading him to the bathroom. It's a small space, I end up bumping into him a few times as I open the cabinet and reach for the first aid kit, pushing him onto the toilet lid I rummage through the rubbish until I find some alcohol wipes and a few plasters. Leon arches a brow at me, moving the cloth away from his face now that his nose had stopped bleeding.

"Does it hurt?" I ask, poking a wipe at a cut. The man doesn't flinch, which makes me wonder if he's got a high pain tolerance, then my mind begins to wonder if he's actually used to the pain.

"No, it's good." Leon smiles again, his eyes catching on the wipe like a dog following a bone. "Think you can suck the alcohol out of those things?"

I shake my head, smiling despite my wanting to whack him around the head for causing me so much worry. Ignoring his question, I begin to carefully place the plasters on his cuts, I'm surprised he hasn't pushed me away yet, since our physical relationship is based on a series of quickies most of the time, but occasionally he'll stay the night and treat me with such love and kindness. It's kind of weird actually, how sometimes Leon will be so distant with me, and others it's like he loves me too much to leave.

As Leon stands, I dismiss the thought train and focus on clearing up. "Why do you deal with my shit? I'm not an easy person to be around." He suddenly says, picking at his nails whilst leaning against the doorframe.

I pause, wondering the same thing myself. I end up shrugging, then risking my luck I quickly peck a kiss to his cheek. "You're...interesting, besides you deal with me too."

He stares at me for a beat longer then turns away, heading for the door. I frown, throwing down the plaster wrappers and rushing to him in desperation. "Where are you going?" I ask urgently.

"Work."

"But you only finished work two hours ago." I argue, brows knitting together in confusion as he checks his watch. He gives me a disapproving look before opening the front door.

"Well I've got work again. Man's gotta stay busy." He mumbles as he walks out. I stand there annoyed for a second, then heart reacting faster than my brain I rush down the dingy corridors to catch up with him. I grab his arm, but he shrugs me off and backs away. Taking a few steps back I cross my arms.

"Tell me what you're up to. Talk to me. There's a reason you keep coming to me with all these injuries, and I know for a fact you aren't falling over three times a week." I demand.

Leon stares at me, running a hand over his face he lets out an aggravated sigh. "Come to Lou's Tavern at eight. Bring a jacket. Make sure you're alone. Tell the guy at the door your a space monkey."

I open and close my mouth, processing all the random information. I begin to speak but Leon's already stepped into the elevator, the doors closing as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a cigarette. I head back to my apartment, more confused than ever.

Later that evening I do as Leon instructed. I stand outside of the run down bar, staring at the neon light that's flickering slightly. This looks like the type of place someone would get murdered, and I'm hesitant to go in, but at the same time I want to be part of Leon's world, whatever the hell that ends up being. I shrug my hands in the pockets of my coat as I enter the bar, immediately I'm stopped by some man with bigger breasts than I have.

"Who are you?" He asks, chin raised as if ready to argue. I'm about to tell him my name, but then Leon's words come into my mind. It sounds stupid, but I reply.

"A space monkey?" I say, it comes out more like a question than an answer, but it seems to satisfy the guy. He nods, then begins to lead me to the basement. My palms sweat, I vaguely hear shouting and chanting, but I can't tell where it's coming from until the man opens the basement door, and the sounds echo from down the stairs. I look back at him, gulping, then I begin to descend.

My footsteps are drowned by the sound of hollering, harsh fleshy noises are heard the further down I get, until I finally see the commotion. There's at least thirty people, sweaty and full of excitement as two people fight in the midst of the crowd. The voices bounce around the concrete room, I stand on the outside, eyes wide as I watch and watch. A strange fascination takes over me, it's like witnessing something exhilarating but terrifying at the same time.

I look around for any signs of Leon, wondering if he's set me up, until the two fighters come into view from a break from the crowd. I gasp, watching as a shirtless Leon throws a punch, landing it right across some other guys jaw. The guy stumbles for a second, then falls. The crowd goes wild, cheering as Leon nods, smiling slightly as he wipes the sweat from his head, then his eyes find mine.

Immediately I blush as he begins to make his way over, the crowd silences as they part for him, all watching our interaction. I'm shaking, but refuse to run.

"Two more of you get in the middle!" Leon calls over his shoulder, then once again the crowd livens up as if we're not here. When Leon reaches me he slings an arm around my shoulders, guiding me to a quieter corner where he stands straighter.

"Leon, what the hell is this place?!" I ask, looking over my shoulder, seeing a guy climb onto another and begin throwing punches like King Kong.

"If I tell you, you can't ever talk about it. Okay?" He asks, dead serious as he leans down to my face, narrowing his eyes.

I nod, swallowing as he relaxes a little. Cupping my face with his bloodied hand, he grins. "Welcome to fight club."